Wearing cap blues for pics.

Started by wwiijunky7, October 01, 2011, 07:43:41 PM

wwiijunky7

My mother would like a proffecional picture taken of me in my cap blues, is this against our regulations?

SARDOC

Get permission from your Squadron Commander...it should be fine.

Eclipse

I don't see any reason you can't.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I'm guessing you meant something like a portrait made by a real photographer.  No problem with that. 

Dad2-4

I don't recall any regulation for or against such. Have a US flag in the background. Look at other people's military and CAP portaits online to get an idea of some good looking setups.

AngelWings

NO NO NO NO NO NO, DON'T DO IT! Just kidding, go ahead. Just make sure it looks professional IE don't look stupid on purpose.

spacecommand

None to my knowledge, I just had one done recently myself.  I called up a photographer and said I wanted to do a "standard portrait" like the ones I had way back in school, but I wanted an American flag in the background so it appears on the left of the photograph, sent in a couple sample photographs to explain because I've seen people with a flag that was the full backdrop ( a style I don't really like ). 

example with flag appearing left (CAP-USAF Commander, not me of course).

For CAP (especially if you are a cadet having one taken for the family) I don't think you need a flag at all, but with one, I think it comes out nicer looking.

JC004

The flag's technically on the right.   :P  Its own right - its position of honor.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I had a formal one done in my USCGAUX service dress.  My flotilla mates who saw it said it was very good.

I should get one done in my CAP blues...or a "hero shot" in my blue utility jumpsuit standing next to a F-100 on local display. :P
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

spacecommand

Quote from: JC004 on October 03, 2011, 06:34:20 AM
The flag's technically on the right.   :P  Its own right - its position of honor.

That is right, it's technically on the right, so it appears on the left when looking at the person from the front.   ;)

ol'fido

I wore my uniform for my school pictures one year in high school. Will post it one of these days.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006