BBDU Cap Insignia

Started by adamblank, August 12, 2011, 06:15:54 AM

adamblank

On the BBDU, there is an option for metal insignia vs embroidered depending on preference.  I could not find guidance on if it is subdued or not.  I would think not because we don't wear anything subdued.  It would also seem that this would only be on the BBDU patrol cap.  They do make a navy blue BBDU ball cap.  Thoughts?

The ICL didn't spell it out near as I can tell.
Adam Brandao

Майор Хаткевич

I'm using this as reference: http://capmembers.com/media/cms/2008_01_25_CAPM_39_1_FC9519EC7AAB8.pdf

Quote(1) Grade Insignia on Blue BDU cap. Effective 31 August 2005, cadet
and senior member officers who choose to wear the dark blue field uniform with the blue
BDU cap may wear the ultramarine blue embroidered grade insignia centered ½ inch
above the visor. Grade insignia is not authorized on any of the CAP baseball caps.
The wear of grade insignia on the blue BDU cap is not authorized for cadets or senior
members who do not hold an officer grade. Effective 29 June 2006, metal grade
insignia was also approved for wear on the blue BDU cap.

I'm going to take that as a BBDU Cap only policy, and non-subdued given the overall policies in regards to that.

Eclipse

Correct - the last holdover of the HWSRN ICL-O-Rama is that we can still wear bright metal grade insignia on Blue Patrol Caps with the blue field uniform.

It is also impossible to affix according to reg and then wear it without doing damage to your forehead unless you skip the frogs and bend over the pins inside. 

It's not centered, it's 1/2" from the brim.

"That Others May Zoom"

adamblank

Alright.  The question arose with the BBDU ball cap.  Thanks all.
Adam Brandao

Eclipse

No grade insignia is allowed on any baseball cap.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on August 12, 2011, 04:57:58 PM
Correct - the last holdover of the HWSRN ICL-O-Rama is that we can still wear bright metal grade insignia on Blue Patrol Caps with the blue field uniform.

Non-subdued, and only on the BBDU.  Ixnay for the woodlands.

I don't understand why we were allowed to keep that one item when we had the rug pulled out from under us on anything else blue or metal.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

jeders

Quote from: CyBorg on August 12, 2011, 08:20:23 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 12, 2011, 04:57:58 PM

Non-subdued, and only on the BBDU.  Ixnay for the woodlands.

I don't understand why we were allowed to keep that one item when we had the rug pulled out from under us on anything else blue or metal.
My guess is that it probably just slipped through the cracks.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse