Main Menu

Class A Blues

Started by williamsra12, May 14, 2011, 08:18:23 PM

Garibaldi

Quote from: MSgt Van on August 01, 2012, 12:13:23 AM
When i was an amn we had combo 1, 2, 3 and 4!

what about combo #5? You know, that hit song from the early 200s...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AngelWings

Dating yourself?  ;)

SarDragon

Quote from: AngelWings on August 01, 2012, 02:58:12 AM
Dating yourself?  ;)

Eh, he's still a bit of a young'un.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

The advantage to dating yourself is that you only buy half as much popcorn.

BuckeyeDEJ

Might've been a good idea to un-kill this thread. The Air Force has gone back to the "class A," "class B" terminology.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

SarDragon

But CAP, as of right now, hasn't. Making this guess is no different than the ABU guess.

I don't know what the AF uniform history is, but CAP has not officially used that nomenclature since before I joined in 1964. I have copies of the uni regs to substantiate that.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

krnlpanick

Yes, but can I get Class C Digitals?
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

SarDragon

Maybe.

Do you know the secret handshake, and have the code word tattooed on your butt?  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

Quote from: SarDragon on August 01, 2012, 08:20:48 PM
Maybe.

Do you know the secret handshake, and have the code word tattooed on your butt?  >:D

yes. its <blatant opsec violation> and  here is the tattoo:<censored>
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

AngelWings

krnlpanick

Holy crap... that is all..  :clap:
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

red_sox_fan

Well looks like i have been lyed to by my commander i was always told that only NCO can wear it i guss ill check the regs again.
Cadet Senior Airman

Eclipse

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 05:14:58 PM
Well looks like i have been lyed to by my commander i was always told that only NCO can wear it i guss ill check the regs again.

Only an NCO can wear what?

Also using the word "lie" in the same sentences as "my commander" is not a good idea on the internet.  Being incorrect isn't the same
as lying.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: Eclipse on August 02, 2012, 05:23:24 PM
Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 05:14:58 PM

Only an NCO can wear what?

Also using the word "lie" in the same sentences as "my commander" is not a good idea on the internet.  Being incorrect isn't the same  as lying.

Yup.  But I have heard of some units not allowing cadets to wear a service coat unless they were staff or a C/NCO and above.  Don't know how much truth there is to that though..

Eclipse

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 02, 2012, 06:20:51 PM
Yup.  But I have heard of some units not allowing cadets to wear a service coat unless they were staff or a C/NCO and above.  Don't know how much truth there is to that though..

I've seen that too. Commander's discretion I guess, hopefully properly documented in a unit OI, but not a "lie".

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

Yup.  But I have heard of some units not allowing cadets to wear a service coat unless they were staff or a C/NCO and above...
If true, that's completely idioitic and a change of command is needed. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Garibaldi

Quote from: A.Member on August 02, 2012, 06:57:32 PM
Yup.  But I have heard of some units not allowing cadets to wear a service coat unless they were staff or a C/NCO and above...

Or perhaps an issue with supply. If there's not enough to go around, it is well within the CC's right to say that. Or he could say if there's not enough, then no one gets to wear it.

A.Member

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 02, 2012, 07:20:05 PM

Or perhaps an issue with supply. If there's not enough to go around, it is well within the CC's right to say that. Or he could say if there's not enough, then no one gets to wear it.
They can try to justify it however they want - it's idiotic.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Garibaldi

Quote from: A.Member on August 02, 2012, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on August 02, 2012, 07:20:05 PM

They can try to justify it however they want - it's idiotic.

Can you name me a procedure in CAP that ISN'T? ;D

lordmonar

Really?  I can think of any number of reasons why to do it that way.

a) Status symbol for NCO's and above.....just like the service hat is restricted to Officers.
b) Limited supply train of the service coats....so they limit them to those who have acheived/show commitment to the CAP program.
c) Uniformity (sort of).....you don't want C/AB Newguy thinking he has to go buy a $100 service coat....and being the only Airman in a service coat.

Not idiotic at all.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP