White aviator shirt

Started by BradM, December 27, 2010, 07:18:26 PM

vento

Quote from: BradM on January 10, 2011, 09:12:53 PM
I have another uniform question. If you have regulation short hair but you have a beard or goatee. Are you able to wear the blue nomex flight suit instead of the sage green nomex flight suit? I see that you can wear the blue utility coveralls. But if you wanted to be part of the air crew can you wear the fireproof nomex material instead of the poly/cotton material?

Yes, you should wear the Blue NOMEX flight suit.

jimmydeanno

I have another uniform question. If you have regulation short hair but you have a beard or goatee. Are you able to wear the blue nomex flight suit instead of the sage green nomex flight suit? I see that you can wear the blue utility coveralls. But if you wanted to be part of the air crew can you wear the fireproof nomex material instead of the poly/cotton material?

Yes.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

BradM

Quote from: vento on January 10, 2011, 09:17:01 PM

Yes, you should wear the Blue NOMEX flight suit.

Thank you. It did seem common sense to do so. But in the CAPM 39-1 it doesn't say explicitly.

BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

Hawk200

The blue flightsuit is an alternate uniform. It is authorized for personnel not meeting the standards for wearing the green flight suit.

If you have a beard or goatee, the blue flight suit is the only fire resistant (fireproof is not an accurate term) flight uniform option.

BradM

Thank you. I stand corrected "fire resistant".
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

bosshawk

Yes: the blue is for us fat and fuzzies, either cotton or nomex.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777