Why does it take so long?

Started by Raja1020, October 29, 2010, 12:48:00 PM

Raja1020

Can anyone tell me why it takes 4 months for me to get my blues from TX?

Al Sayre

There is a shortage of round tuits
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

lordmonar

Well....Texas is a big state.  It takes a while for the mules to cross it.

I am assuming that you are asking about the free cadet uniform program.

Have you received them yet?

I ask because are you saying it took 4 months to get them or are you saying that you have not received them and you  have been waiting four months.

As to why......one reason is that because it is October.  The USAF's fiscal year is 1 Oct to 30 Sept.  Anything having to do with money is usually frozen early to mid September and is not opened up again until mid October (on a good year).

So what happens normally is that in September they stop issuing free uniforms until the funds are release mid to late October.  Then they have a back log that they have to fill.

Another thing that jams up the system is that there is only so much money in the FCUP.  If they spent all the money the previous year (say in July or August) then they just pile up the requests waiting for more funding or the start of the new fiscal year.

So....four months is not unheard of.  If you are really concerned about it.....call national and have them check the status of it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Al Sayre on October 29, 2010, 01:10:29 PM
There is a shortage of round tuits

Those are on back order as well!

You need to fill out your AF Form ID 10 T to expedite your order!   8)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Raja1020

I got them yesterday, I'm just saying, thats all.

jimmydeanno

There have been some "issues" with the FCUP.  There hasn't been a shortage of money since they removed the shoes from the program.  It's just been, what looks like, an apparent lack of motivation on the shipping side.  Some of the NHQ folks went to Lackland a few weeks ago to try and sort out why it takes so long for the uniforms to ship.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

DC

I've seen it take the better part of a year for some cadets, four months isn't too horrible, considering.

IIRC I got mine in something like 6 weeks when I joined about six years ago, and I was able to get a set from squadron supply for the interim.

davidsinn

Quote from: DC on October 30, 2010, 11:41:47 PM
I've seen it take the better part of a year for some cadets, four months isn't too horrible, considering.

IIRC I got mine in something like 6 weeks when I joined about six years ago, and I was able to get a set from squadron supply for the interim.

I've got a cadet going on 18 months now. I called yesterday and was told they'd call me back next week.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

18 months, they probably need to change the size ordered. ;-)

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on October 31, 2010, 07:59:31 PM
18 months, they probably need to change the size ordered. ;-)

Naw she's done growing. The problem is she's so thin it's a small size.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: lordmonar on October 29, 2010, 01:14:04 PM
Well....Texas is a big state.  It takes a while for the mules to cross it.

About 505 miles on I-35 from the Rio Grande in Mexico to the Red River in Oklahoma; about 810 miles from the Sabine River in Louisiana to the New Mexico state line on I-10. From the far northwest corner of the state at the Oklahoma panhandle at the New Mexico line to Brownsville in the southeast is something like close to 825 miles. Everything's bigger in Texas! ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BillB

Everything's bigger in Texas

Except Alaska
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Major Carrales

Quote from: BillB on November 01, 2010, 07:28:24 PM

Except Alaska

Which is not in TEXAS...yet!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JeffDG

Except Alaska

An Alaskan and a Texan were talking one day and the Texan said:  "You know, Texas used to be the largest state.  They should split Alaska in half, it's too big!"

The Alaskan thought for a second and responded "Yep, if we split Alaska in half, Texas would be the third largest state."

Hawk200

Quote from: JeffDG on November 02, 2010, 11:59:18 AM

Except Alaska

An Alaskan and a Texan were talking one day and the Texan said:  "You know, Texas used to be the largest state.  They should split Alaska in half, it's too big!"

The Alaskan thought for a second and responded "Yep, if we split Alaska in half, Texas would be the third largest state."
That one's been around a while. Supposedly, the statement was made by the Alaskan governor in response to a statement made by the Texas governor.

SarDragon

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Pop quiz: Who won the battle of the Alamo? Mexicans or Texans?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret