Main Menu

Agenda

Started by arajca, January 29, 2009, 01:39:11 AM

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on January 30, 2009, 08:36:28 PM
Now if some of these NASCAR patches would disappear (all shoulder patches, ES patches, special activity patches), maybe we could clean up the uniform!

Keep dreamin'....  :(

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Eclipse on January 30, 2009, 08:59:04 PM
The command badge is authorized to be worn on flight-suit nametags,

In CAP?  Cite please.

Not in current 39-1 or ICLs. However, Vanguard will allow you to order a 2-badge leather flight suit nametag. CC emblem they consider specialty insignia (not specialty track!) like GT/medical/IC/EMT.

In the current AFI 36-2903 the CC badge on the flight suit nametag is only for sitting commanders.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BuckeyeDEJ

In CAP?  Cite please.

(looking around in regs, but know it isn't there -- was it an ICL?)

Vanguard put it on mine, after saying that not only could they do ground-team badges, but command badges.

Of course, I had to have them send a second nametag, after they misspelled my name the first time around. The second time, they didn't get it quite right, but at least they spelled the name they had on the tag right. I surrendered at that point.

Wish the NB would authorize cloth flight-suit nametags. They'd be a lot better to have than those stiff leather ones.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Eclipse

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 30, 2009, 10:34:06 PM

In CAP?  Cite please.

Not in current 39-1 or ICLs. However, Vanguard will allow you to order a 2-badge leather flight suit nametag. CC emblem they consider specialty insignia (not specialty track!) like GT/medical/IC/EMT.

That may be so, and we all know of alternative sources for these things, but I believe that the only thing actually authorized are wings or specialty insignia. (for CAP nametags)  The CC badge is not a specialty insignia as defined by 39-1.

Until March 2007 it was Aeronautical ratings, only.  The March 2007 NB changed it to include "specialty insignia", but that would not include a command badge.

And of course none of this is in 39-1, which still says aeronautical rating only.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

In my original proposal I did ask for the flight suit option.  I wonder if that is still being looked at or not.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MikeD

Quote from: Rotorhead on January 30, 2009, 03:00:39 PM
Quote from: A.Member on January 30, 2009, 02:35:20 PM
A lot of uniform items on the agenda again.  :-[
For some reason, CAP spends an inordinate (and, I think, unhealthy) amount of time worrying about what its members will wear.

And misses the big ones like ABU, or at least green boots with BDU's in the interm...