Summary of Winter Board 2008 Changes and approvals

Started by Eclipse, March 01, 2008, 09:55:14 PM

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Tnx for all those information.

So if we order the next time cap tabs we should get the "old" ones again :-)

Does anybody thinks CAP will get the new ABU uniform one day ?
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

jeders

Yes, you should get the ones with just Civil Air Patrol.

Supposedly, we are going to get ABUs in the future, though no time frame has yet been set.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Tnx.... for the answer  :-)

Is there any chatroom for CAP members where you could write with other members ??

That would make it easier sometimes to communicate than this forum .....

Deputy commander
Germany
LX1MG

Eclipse

Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on March 02, 2008, 08:32:47 PM

Tnx.... for the answer  :-)

Is there any chatroom for CAP members where you could write with other members ??

That would make it easier sometimes to communicate than this forum .....

But then there is no record for others to search for later (and use against you!).   >:D

"That Others May Zoom"

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

yes that's right too.......

i thought more about something like msn where you can write with people but who are only in cap or interested in cap. 
Deputy commander
Germany
LX1MG

♠SARKID♠

Thats part of the reason this site exists though.  Its not just a forum for CAP members to meet and talk, but an ever growing repository of information that can be searched through and logged for everybody.  Its a big expanding CAP encyclopedia.  Through our discussions we gain more information for the common member to read and learn from.

[/off topic]

John Bryan

Quote from: RiverAux on March 02, 2008, 07:35:33 PM
QuoteYup. The U.S. Civil Air Patrol was an unfortunate change made by the former Nat/CC.
Technically, the same people that voted to drop it, were the ones who approved it last fall.  He just pushed for it.  Doesn't say much about the ability of the NB to think for itself. 

In defense of the National Board (can't believe I said that :angel:).....about 1/3 of the board changes yearly due to terms, then you have the Wing Commanders who resign, are run off or get fired...so it is not the same board.

John Bryan

Plus....until they change the rules and protect Wing and Region Commanders from political firings , then there will always be the lack of NB free thought.

RiverAux

It has only been a few months and there have not been all that many personnel changes since then.  Sorry, I'm not letting the NB off on this one. 

FW

We've had about a 50% turnover in NB members since Aug 06.  In the next 18 months there will be only about 10-15 members of the NB who will even know who the former Natl/CC was. >:D

LtCol White

Quote from: RiverAux on March 02, 2008, 09:37:27 PM
It has only been a few months and there have not been all that many personnel changes since then.  Sorry, I'm not letting the NB off on this one. 

The biggest mistake anyone can make is to come into office and change everything right away. It also assumes that everyone there is incompetent/bad which is NEVER the case in reality. That is a setup for failure.  Changes for a new commander should be surgical, planned, and calculated.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Bluelakes 13

I heard "unfunded mandates to the members" twice during the meeting, and I was in-and-out.  It's nice that someone is keeping our pocketbooks in mind.

It's a shame that so much of the agenda was uniform issues... With the state of affairs as they are, you would think that we would have more important things to consider.  How much longer can new members make up for the hemorrhaging?

BigMojo

Did anyone hear any discussion/voting on allowing qualified cadets to become Ground Team Leaders? I thought I saw that on the agenda...
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

_

I did not see anything on that.  Are you asking about cadets under 18 being able to become GTL's?

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: jeders on March 02, 2008, 04:40:29 PM
At the end of the meeting Saturday the Vanguard Rep said that all plastic encased insignia are unavailable until they find a new supplier. If they don't find a new supplier then they won't be selling us anymore plastic encased insignia. If that happens National will address the situation with an emergency action.

Well crap....it IS an emergency. I have my 2nd Lt rank on backorder now for over four months! Get with it NB....get rid of the [darn] plastic encased rank and convince mama Blue we can wear our blue back ground sew on rank!

cnitas

Meh...I would just use the subdued green rank until further guidance.   :)

Your leather name patch and CAP patch identify you as CAP.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

pixelwonk

[off-topic geekness]
Heh.  I had From The Earth to the Moon in last night and saw a bunch of guys listening to Kennedy's "not because they are easy..." speech on the radio.
They were sportin zoom bags with what looked like plastic encased rank on their shoulders and black leather ASNPs.
I had to remind myself it was the 60s and they were not CAP.
[/off-topic geekness]  okay, well just the /off-topic part.  I'm still plenty geeky

I have an extra pair of plastic encased butter bars that I never used.
PM me for 'em.

Quote from: cnitas on March 03, 2008, 03:38:39 PM
Meh...I would just use the subdued green rank until further guidance.   :)

Your leather name patch and CAP patch identify you as CAP.
:(

Pylon

Quote from: Ricochet13 on March 02, 2008, 07:36:53 PM
(If that new patch, the third in several years, was not approved, I stand corrected).

Actually, it's the fourth patch in several years.  Almost ridiculous. 

See the progression attached.  If you were a member who put together a flight suit in 2003, you would have had to buy four different chest patches in five years. 

It alludes to a disturbing inability of the board to see a long-term picture for the organization.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ddelaney103

Quote from: Pylon on March 03, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: Ricochet13 on March 02, 2008, 07:36:53 PM
(If that new patch, the third in several years, was not approved, I stand corrected).

Actually, it's the fourth patch in several years.  Almost ridiculous. 

See the progression attached.  If you were a member who put together a flight suit in 2003, you would have had to buy four different chest patches in five years. 

It alludes to a disturbing inability of the board to see a long-term picture for the organization.

For the transition to the "post-USCAP" world, I have two words: blue Sharpie.

Seriously, I think we could have kept the last patch.  There's a difference b/w USCAP and having US on a CAP patch.  In fact, it was a great homage to our original patch which had a US below the triangle.

cnitas

I agree.  I did not see a problem with the 2004 patch, and I do not see a problem with the 2005 version.  They are both acceptable.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003