Apparently it's harder to get into the U.S. Army Cadet Corps now...

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, June 13, 2014, 03:23:11 AM

NIN

Quote from: The14th on June 16, 2014, 04:58:51 AM
He went into hiding after finally getting fired for Conduct unbecoming of a (fake) Officer, so not sure what the point would be now.

Thats not precisely the case, FYI.  You could certainly couch it that way, but Joe Land has been anything but "in hiding."

Without airing all the organization's dirty laundry (the Quartermaster Laundry would be overwhelmed quickly), suffice to say that there are plenty of places to lay blame for the goings on in the USAC. 

And what exists as the "USAC" right now is considerably different than what existed before 2013.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

The14th

I suppose I meant from the USAC point of view, as last I heard they fired him.

NIN

Quote from: The14th on June 17, 2014, 11:34:36 AM
I suppose I meant from the USAC point of view, as last I heard they fired him.

Yeah, you'd need a whiteboard, a 12 pack of your preferred adult beverages and about 4 hrs of time to completely unpeel that particular onion.   The reasons behind the "firing" go a lot deeper than it appears.

Suffice to say, its ... weird.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

The14th

I'd be interested in knowing. He once tried to get me to come work at the academy, but I researched online and noticed a bunch of stuff that made me go "no thanks "

Panache

a2capt

Chappie

I may not know -- or do I care to know -- what transpired with Col Land...but there is one thing that I have great respect and admiration for something he did....the final tribute and honors that he and the organization rendered to one of our own: Al Pabon.  Sure miss Al.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

lordmonar

Quote from: Chappie on June 17, 2014, 05:57:02 PM
I may not know -- or do I care to know -- what transpired with Col Land...but there is one thing that I have great respect and admiration for something he did....the final tribute and honors that he and the organization rendered to one of our own: Al Pabon.  Sure miss Al.
+1
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

JeffDG

Quote from: NIN on June 17, 2014, 10:11:47 PM
Quote from: Panache on June 17, 2014, 04:56:13 PM
Is he their version of HWSNBN?
in the words of Yoda "No. There is another. "
I believe the correct phrasing would be "No, another there is"

Eclipse

No, there is another

With the above clarification made, I don't think the comparison is really fair, not at least from my "50K foot,
contacted him a couple of times, read most of the articles, had a few background conversations about him" view.

Nin certainly know better then any of us, but it looked to me like he inherited a well-intention, poorly-executed mess,
and then didn't (or was unable) to take the steps necessary to put things on track.

That's a far cry from being HWSRN.

"That Others May Zoom"