College credit for FEMA independent study courses

Started by cap235629, November 02, 2013, 11:43:41 PM

cap235629

I was doing some continuing education classes through the FEMA Independent Study program and came across a link to a site offering college credit for the classes.  I said to myself, yeah, right, DIPLOMA MILL.

I was wrong.

I did some research and was pleasantly surprised that it was in fact legitimate.

Frederick Community College in Frederick Maryland has partnered with FEMA to accept the classes and award credit toward a LEGITIMATELY ACCREDITED A.A.S. degree in Emergency Management.

They even have matriculation agreement with 3 other schools that will accept the AAS credits toward the completion of a Bachelors Degree.   ALL OF THEM.

I have almost 50 credit hours from various attempts at college over the past 20 years and really wanted to finish a degree without going broke.  I also have changed career focus late in life and have jumped headfirst into the Emergency Managemet career field.  I earned certification through the State of Arkansas and I sit for my AEM certification test from the International Association of Emergency Managers in the spring.  So I have an impressive professional education resume but no degree.  This program makes that a reality.

I submitted my previous transcripts from 2 educational institutions and the Army and was SHOCKED to find out that I need to complete 2 additional classes and do a 6 month internship and I have my degree.

My total cost to will be less than $3500.  The FEMA courses that are recognized will be converted to credit for $79.00 per credit hour. There are 30 credits required from the IS program for the degree.  So do the math.  It costs NOTHING to take the IS classes and to receive credit you pay a whopping total of $2370. 

That is 1 full year of college credit!

The best part?  You can take any required core classes from ANY accredited institution, you do not have to take ANY classes at FCC except for them approving your internship and having to take 4 exams for about $25 each.  So my 2 classes are going to cost me less that $400 here through our Adult Education Center and a local university and the internship will cost me about $900 through FCC because I have to pay out of state tuition for those 3 credits.

They also are fully accredited so all Federal Student Aid programs are available if you qualify. The also offer online classes so you can finish your degree that way if you prefer.

This program was briefly mention HERE about 6 years ago.

Here is a link to the program

EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT DEGREE

I would say that you are getting a pretty good bang for your buck.....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

RiverAux

Well, I congratulate you on finding that, but speaking as a graduate of many FEMA independent study courses I have yet to find one that I thought was college-level material. 

Now, the classroom-based ICS courses came a bit closer, but I would personally question the quality of a degree based primarily upon them. 

lordmonar

Why piss on the parade?

Someone wants to give credit for FEMA classes.....more power to them.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

GroundHawg

The much, much, much, cheaper option is to use the credit bank option at Thomas Edison State University. For a flat rate, they will put all your FEMA credits onto their transcript. I received 48 credit hours for less than $400. I didn't pursue the AAS degree they offer (I may still btw) but I didn't have to do a single elective for my BS in Management from a traditional brick and mortar school.

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on November 03, 2013, 01:28:16 AM
Why piss on the parade?

Why?  Because as a college graduate I have some level of self-interest in making sure that college degrees are not devalued by schools that give credit for courses that I don't think represent college-level work. 

Can anyone honestly say that ICS-100/200 are worth a college credit hour? 

Besides those two easy ones I've taken about 5 others that are on the list and the total time I spent on them was probably less than 8 hours. 

Now, many of these are most certainly worthwhile courses, but I'd probably be looking at having 10-15 of those courses equal to about 1 credit hour before I'd say they were worth a single credit hour. 

Eclipse

^ Seriously?

You've got colleges out there that give hours for "life experience" (i.e. a check).

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: RiverAux on November 03, 2013, 01:07:33 AM
Well, I congratulate you on finding that, but speaking as a graduate of many FEMA independent study courses I have yet to find one that I thought was college-level material. 

Now, the classroom-based ICS courses came a bit closer, but I would personally question the quality of a degree based primarily upon them.

I actually brought up the classroom courses (of which I have 9) not being on the list.  I asked if they could be evaluated based upon this very argument.  The registrars office informed me the courses they give credit for were evaluated by ACE and that they only awarded credit for courses that ACE assigns credit for.  I too thought it odd that a 5 day long, 8 hour a day class WITH homework wasn't worth any credit but  IS100 and 200 combined were evaluated and deemed worthy of 1 credit...  But it is what it is.  I guess the fault lies with ACE and not the institution.......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

cap235629

Oh and on another note, IAEM allows the following hours for CAP courses for the required 100 hours of General Leadership and Management training for both their AEM and CEM certifications.

Civil Air Patrol Corporate Learning Course                                         16   
Civil Air Patrol Unit Commanders Course                                                 16   
Civil Air Patrol Squadron Leadership School                                         16   
Civil Air Patrol Train Leaders of Cadets                                                 16   
Civil Air Patrol Regional Staff College                                                     50
Civil Air Patrol National Staff College                                                  50   
Civil Air Patrol Wing and Region Commander's Course                         40   

That was a surprise for me.  We are on the radar of the International Association of Emergency Managers.

Pretty cool.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

RiverAux

BTW, I'm not going to ever fault anyone for taking advantage of something that is available even if I don't think it should be in the first place. 

cap235629

Quote from: GroundHawg on November 03, 2013, 01:52:13 AM
The much, much, much, cheaper option is to use the credit bank option at Thomas Edison State University. For a flat rate, they will put all your FEMA credits onto their transcript. I received 48 credit hours for less than $400. I didn't pursue the AAS degree they offer (I may still btw) but I didn't have to do a single elective for my BS in Management from a traditional brick and mortar school.

Thanks for the info.  I checked it out.  They no longer offer an AAS in Emergency Management/Homeland Security only a BAS.  They offer "credit banking" but my concern is the credits won't be transferable to another program so the money will be wasted.  I may look at banking the classes FCC also awards credit for and save even more money.......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on November 03, 2013, 02:11:40 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on November 03, 2013, 01:28:16 AM
Why piss on the parade?

Why?  Because as a college graduate I have some level of self-interest in making sure that college degrees are not devalued by schools that give credit for courses that I don't think represent college-level work. 

Can anyone honestly say that ICS-100/200 are worth a college credit hour? 

Besides those two easy ones I've taken about 5 others that are on the list and the total time I spent on them was probably less than 8 hours. 

Now, many of these are most certainly worthwhile courses, but I'd probably be looking at having 10-15 of those courses equal to about 1 credit hour before I'd say they were worth a single credit hour.

Come on.  You're single-handedly preserving the integrity of the U.S. degree system?  Are you being serious right now? 

College course quality can be plain lousy.  Someone I know was submitting papers for the college English class that were absolutely awful.  I marked one of those up with corrections.  The pages were COVERED in red corrections.  But he submitted his own, achieving a B+ (with only about 2 corrections added by the professor).  That wouldn't be my only experience with lousy course standards (far from it). 

When we get IT students who come work with our organization as work study, interns, etc., I have my own material that I teach them because their program doesn't even teach them basic things you need to know in a business IT position (like planning a network).  Not only are their course standards low, but the DEGREE standards suck.

Quote from: Eclipse on November 03, 2013, 02:16:27 AM
^ Seriously?

You've got colleges out there that give hours for "life experience" (i.e. a check).

I'm not against colleges offering credit for experience in volunteer programs and paid jobs.  In my opinion, many degrees should require MORE practical application before the degree is granted - not less.  I can't tell you how many times we've had applicants, students, or workers who simply had very little idea how to do what their degree should have taught them.  I can remember an interesting experience from when I revised all of the organization's publications.  I gave the drafts to the people who had degrees in English.  They needed a lot of work because after pulling together material from A LOT of sources for the drafts, there were a lot of issues with tense use, writing styles clashing, levels of quality from previous writers, etc.  I scrapped the idea after getting the first few publications listed because those folks found only a tiny fraction of what needed to be fixed.  I had to do the bulk of that work myself.

RiverAux

Quote from: JC004 on November 03, 2013, 07:31:57 PM
College course quality can be plain lousy.  Someone I know was submitting papers for the college English class that were absolutely awful.  I marked one of those up with corrections.  The pages were COVERED in red corrections.  But he submitted his own, achieving a B+ (with only about 2 corrections added by the professor).  That wouldn't be my only experience with lousy course standards (far from it). 
I was doing just what you did here -- complain about the quality of a course being given college credit. 

QuoteI'm not against colleges offering credit for experience in volunteer programs and paid jobs.
I don't have a problem with intern programs either.  I'm also not against college credit for internet-based courses.  I'm just not in favor of giving an inordinate amount of credit to courses that are not really college level material. 

You know, I took a "library skills" class as an undergraduate that I think was a 1 credit class.  It was certainly an easy class, but I learned a lot that really helped in other classes.  However, even that class is more justified as a 1 credit class than ICS100 and 200. 

Woodsy

I wonder if FCC would count CAP involvement as an internship?  I don't see why not...  As a wing level director, I spend way more hours per week doing CAP stuff than most people do for an "internship." 

Granted, my current responsibility of public affairs likely wouldn't directly relate to EM, but say I were to attach myself to Ops for the time being...

I actually looked into the FCC option, even applied and was accepted.  Financial concerns at the time prevented me from pursuing it.  It also doesn't relate to my current career, but if it can be had for a decent price, I'm not opposed to adding it to my resume...

I've never heard of this AEM certification.  May look into that as well. 

wuzafuzz

When I worked in public safety most of the in-service classes I took offered .5 credits, 1 credit, etc.  All you had to do was attend the class for a week or a few days and write a check to the sponsoring college.  My police academy was good for even more credits.  Years later I decided to complete an associates degree in Criminal Justice.  I had to get transcripts from about 15 colleges, but my main school accepted them.  I was a very happy camper.

Many moons later I chased my bachelor's degree in IT.  The university awarded credits for life experience, but those had to be justified with professional designations and certified work experience.  Also, I had to demonstrate my experience satisfied the course learning objectives listed in a college course catalog.  It was no easy ride, particularly when considering what I did to earn the knowledge being documented.  (Other schools may be easier.)  That knocked about 3 elective classes off my to-do list.

So, if you have practical experience and can demonstrate you achieved the learning objectives of a specific course, you may very well be able to earn some credit for it.  It's all up to your school.  Some are reasonable, some want you to take all your classes from them, and I've heard some will do anything if you pay them enough.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

JC004

Quote from: Woodsy on November 03, 2013, 08:26:52 PM
I wonder if FCC would count CAP involvement as an internship?  I don't see why not...  As a wing level director, I spend way more hours per week doing CAP stuff than most people do for an "internship." 

Granted, my current responsibility of public affairs likely wouldn't directly relate to EM, but say I were to attach myself to Ops for the time being...

I actually looked into the FCC option, even applied and was accepted.  Financial concerns at the time prevented me from pursuing it.  It also doesn't relate to my current career, but if it can be had for a decent price, I'm not opposed to adding it to my resume...

I've never heard of this AEM certification.  May look into that as well.

Internships usually require a formal relationship with an organization, a written agreement, a supervisor with a relevant degree, and such.  Credit for life learning usually requires you to prepare a portfolio that meets the requirements of the department and registrar.  That portfolio shows that you learned/performed the relevant skills.  Of course, these things varies by institution. 

lordmonar

Some universities give credit for your summer vacation.

Say you are going to Europe or Asia for a week or two.  Basically you do a report "What I did on my summer vacation: By Patrick Harris age 8" for an few credits.

Again...usually has to be approved before hand and must meet certain requirements.

JC004

DOING something (especially repeatedly) and needing to learn exactly how to do it are a heck of a lot more effective ways to learn than just memorizing long enough for the test. 

It blows my mind when I see programs that don't require practice or application in areas of study for which some application/practice is really necessary (like business).  You can graduate with a degree in business without having actually worked, ever?  Yikes. 

lordmonar

Quote from: JC004 on November 04, 2013, 12:34:22 AM
DOING something (especially repeatedly) and needing to learn exactly how to do it are a heck of a lot more effective ways to learn than just memorizing long enough for the test. 

It blows my mind when I see programs that don't require practice or application in areas of study for which some application/practice is really necessary (like business).  You can graduate with a degree in business without having actually worked, ever?  Yikes.
And that's the sneaky thing about degrees.
Not only that....but half the stuff you learned to get your degree has nothing to do with what ever the degree is.  (foreign languages anyone?)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: lordmonar on November 04, 2013, 03:20:39 AM

Not only that....but half the stuff you learned to get your degree has nothing to do with what ever the degree is.  (foreign languages anyone?)

Foreign Languages are more useful than many other subjects when it comes to overall "might be useful down the line".

lordmonar

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 04, 2013, 03:23:23 AM

Foreign Languages are more useful than many other subjects when it comes to overall "might be useful down the line".
Sure.....just one example of "useless" classes that are required to maintain the prestige of a degree and having a well rounded education.   

Майор Хаткевич

I can see a foreign language as being more important than a class on religion or Shakespeare. Had to take all three tho

Storm Chaser

I'm fine with colleges and universities that give you credit for courses taken elsewhere. But I'm a bit skeptical about institutions that are willing to give you a degree (for a price) without having to take a single course through that institution. If you graduate from the "University of X", but never actually take courses there, did you really graduated from the "University of X"?

Accreditation is not the only factor to consider when selecting a college or university, as not all of them are "created equal". Having a degree is not enough; you want to make sure your degree means something. And part of that will depend on the institution itself.

In addition, I've taken many FEMA courses as well and never felt that those courses were college level education. The fact that a college is willing to take your money to convert them into college credits raises a flag, in my opinion.

cap235629

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 05, 2013, 03:27:03 PM
I'm fine with colleges and universities that give you credit for courses taken elsewhere. But I'm a bit skeptical about institutions that are willing to give you a degree (for a price) without having to take a single course through that institution. If you graduate from the "University of X", but never actually take courses there, did you really graduated from the "University of X"?

Accreditation is not the only factor to consider when selecting a college or university, as not all of them are "created equal". Having a degree is not enough; you want to make sure your degree means something. And part of that will depend on the institution itself.

In addition, I've taken many FEMA courses as well and never felt that those courses were college level education. The fact that a college is willing to take your money to convert them into college credits raises a flag, in my opinion.

This college is a State Institution contracted BY FEMA to provide a path to a degree.  It is accredited by the same governing body as Georgetown and the University of Maryland.  It is not a fly by night diploma mill.

I find the elitist snobbery exhibited by some very troubling.  An accredited degree is an accredited degree, opinions notwithstanding.  Next you will say a community college degree is not valid just because it is a 2 year degree.  What's next? A degree from a public university isn't as good as a private school????

I posted this information as a service to the many, like myself, who have a lifetime of experience gleaned from actually DOING something but for whatever reason were unable to finish a degree and would like one. 

In my 25 years in Public Service I have met many a college educated person who got the job based upon a degree but functionally were an idiot.  A degree DOES NOT mean you are more intelligent, better prepared or for that matter, better educated.  It means you had a more stable financial situation earlier in life that allowed you to go to school while others, myself included, went to work.

Forgive the rant but this is a sore spot with me...

Now back to your regularly scheduled uniform, NCO, Ranger thread......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: cap235629 on November 06, 2013, 01:05:47 AM

This college is a State Institution contracted BY FEMA to provide a path to a degree.  It is accredited by the same governing body as Georgetown and the University of Maryland.  It is not a fly by night diploma mill.

I find the elitist snobbery exhibited by some very troubling.  An accredited degree is an accredited degree, opinions notwithstanding.  Next you will say a community college degree is not valid just because it is a 2 year degree.  What's next? A degree from a public university isn't as good as a private school????

I posted this information as a service to the many, like myself, who have a lifetime of experience gleaned from actually DOING something but for whatever reason were unable to finish a degree and would like one. 

In my 25 years in Public Service I have met many a college educated person who got the job based upon a degree but functionally were an idiot.  A degree DOES NOT mean you are more intelligent, better prepared or for that matter, better educated.  It means you had a more stable financial situation earlier in life that allowed you to go to school while others, myself included, went to work.

Well said, Sir.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

THRAWN

"In addition, I've taken many FEMA courses as well and never felt that those courses were college level education. The fact that a college is willing to take your money to convert them into college credits raises a flag, in my opinion."

I've taken plenty of college courses that I felt weren't college level education. By way of example, my lovely bride is currently a master's candidate in education counseling. One of her recent assignments was "using crayons, markers, or pencils, draw a picture of something that makes you sad." Hardly graduate level work. Hardly middle school level work.... Schools like TESC, Frederick, Phoenix, and AMU provide a valuable service to their enrollees. Getting a degree is a very personal decision, and these schools offer alternatives that "traditional" schools generally don't. Besides, who wants to be stuck in a classroom where the majority of the "students" really don't want to be there? I've taken many DL programs, and find that the education is much more in depth and valuable and applicable to the real world.

As for your statement about taking money to make credits, what does Georgetown do? Harvard? Temple? Take money, and give credits. The college experience, especially the classroom setting, has become a reflection of society where everyone wins, regardless of ability. DL requires a bit more work and dedication because in some cases, you are responsible for teaching you. Are the IS courses great? No. Are the challenging? Moderately. Are they worth .5 or 1 credit? After seeing what passes for credit courses in brick and mortar schools, yep....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

johnnyb47

Thank you for the post.
After reading it my "Man I really need to get a degree." juices started flowing again.
While I probably won't use the specific program you posted it got me thinking about excellerated programs, wrapping together all of the college credits I already have with my career certifications (for life experience credits, etc) and taking a couple of classes to finally finish something up.

Gracias.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Eclipse

Quote from: THRAWN on November 06, 2013, 12:35:22 PM...my lovely bride is currently a master's candidate in education counseling. One of her recent assignments was "using crayons, markers, or pencils, draw a picture of something that makes you sad."

Heh - she should have drawn a picture of the last bill from the school!

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

The destruction of the apprenticeship culture in this country, coupled with the devaluation of manufacturing and the trades is, IMHO, a big part of the reason for many of our other societal ills as well.  Kids come out of college with a wet diploma and think the corner office is a year away, or that they actually "know something" - then it takes
them several years to realize how much they don't know.

South Park - Hippies on corporations

The best, most effective and long-lasting lessons I received were while "doing" under someone who would be considered a "master" - technical, business, and life skills
are much clearer at the road level then in the classroom.

With that said, I did reap the benefits on a number of occasions from an Ivy-League education - namely watching MBAs run great companies
into the ground during the dot-bomb era because they forgot what they learned in ECON101.  Where better to learn about high-finance
then while generating and tracking bridge-loan documents because they've had to lay off most of the Accounting Department and the CFO?

Quote:
"We missed our sales numbers this month by 50%, so we need to hire a bunch more people because now we'll have to double the number for next month."

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

Wow, it's amazing how people take offense so easily on this board.

Sir, my first degree was from a community college, so no, I have no problems with these. I also have no problems with any technical, vocational or educational institution. They all serve a purpose.

Now, I stand by my post. Not all institutions or degrees are the same. If that offends you, then I'm sorry for that, but it doesn't make it less true. If you need a degree, any degree, then do what's best for you; nothing wrong with that.

I know that my degree doesn't compare with one from MIT or Harvard or Stanford. That doesn't offend me. It's the truth. I went to school and chose a degree that worked for me. I made my choice. I've worked with folks that have PhDs; I don't have one. I'll probably never get one. That doesn't diminish their education or accomplishment.

You provided information as a service. We all appreciate it. I provided my comments (and opinion) as a service as well. I know that some employers only care that you have a degree; not how or where you got it from. Other employers do care and make decisions (hires, promotions, etc.) accordingly. If this degree works for you, then great! If it doesn't, then there are lots of alternative out there. But why take offense with my comments and even take a shot at me by calling me names (elitist, snob); not very professional, in my opinion.

I'm a volunteer, just like you. And I work for CAP as hard as you do. And I don't have to do this, but I do because I believe in the organization and its goals and I want to serve my community, just like you.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on November 06, 2013, 12:29:12 PM

Well said, Sir.

Bravo Sir.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Storm Chaser

In my 25 years in Public Service I have met many a college educated person who got the job based upon a degree but functionally were an idiot.

You can find "idiots" with and without college degrees, so one has no correlation with the other.

A degree DOES NOT mean you are more intelligent, better prepared or for that matter, better educated.

Agreed. Intelligence and aptitude are not dependent on or even associated with a college education. Some institutions and academic programs, however, can be more challenging than others.

It means you had a more stable financial situation earlier in life that allowed you to go to school while others, myself included, went to work.

That may be the case for some, but it's a poor and unfounded generalization. I've seen many college graduates (myself included), who came from low income families and had to work very hard and make many sacrifices to finish their degrees.

While not everyone needs or wants a college degree (nothing wrong with that), now a days there are many ways (although not necessarily easy ones) to get a degree. There are grants, scholarships, tuition assistance, student loans, and many more. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to sacrifice or not in order to get it, and if you feel it's worth you efforts.

Elihu.Lowery

I do find this to be an interesting topic but I have researched the FEMA courses and the College in question and all of you can read more here: http://www.frederick.edu/download/programs/ProgramInformation2013-14v2.pdf
It would seem that not all the FEMA courses convert to college credit and many of the ones that do require you complete a series of IS (independent Study) classes before they qualify for college credit. For Example: College course "FEM 174 Disaster Response Operations" require completion of IS-26, IS-102.c, IS-293, and IS-634 to convert to 1 credit hour. However, it is an excellent way to earn some possible credit hours for all the extra studying that one must do to be a Professional Volunteer; if you happen to have the extra money laying around.   
Elihu J. Lowery, MSgt., CAP
Cadet Programs NCO
SER-AL-090 117Th ANG Composite Squadron

♠SARKID♠

If it weren't for the internship, I'd jump all over this just to have a degree...

SARDOC

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 17, 2013, 04:44:14 AM
If it weren't for the internship, I'd jump all over this just to have a degree...

Why not?  I think you could use your Civil Air Patrol time as your internship.  Check with the school to see what you would need to do to accomplish the internship.

cap235629

Quote from: SARDOC on November 17, 2013, 02:20:44 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 17, 2013, 04:44:14 AM

Why not?  I think you could use your Civil Air Patrol time as your internship.  Check with the school to see what you would need to do to accomplish the internship.

Unfortunately he can't.  The internship requirements specifically state that you cannot use a current affiliation.  However EVERY jurisdiction in the US has an Emergency Manager.  They also have finite budgets and more than likely would love some free labor. Shop around
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

CAPglider792

I know that you can receive college credit for various Department of Emergency Management Courses through your state, which I have done.

sarmed1

As I mentioned in the NCO thread: (since there was a tangent of degree's) dont ever discount CLEP testing as an option.  Either the broad 5 major tests (usually 6 credits each) or the individual tests per "course"  (usually 3 credtits each).  At $80-100 a piece thats some easy transfer credit depending on your school of choice.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

stillamarine

Quote from: sarmed1 on November 18, 2013, 06:53:39 PM
As I mentioned in the NCO thread: (since there was a tangent of degree's) dont ever discount CLEP testing as an option.  Either the broad 5 major tests (usually 6 credits each) or the individual tests per "course"  (usually 3 credtits each).  At $80-100 a piece thats some easy transfer credit depending on your school of choice.

mk

+1  I have 18 credits thanks to this. Was a great way to waste time on ship.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

a2capt