Main Menu

CAPRAP Columbus Ohio

Started by tawright4, March 25, 2011, 11:02:27 PM

tawright4

I would like to get in contact with a CAPRAP or a CAPRAP recruiter in the Columbus Ohio area to discuss this program. Can somebody please provide me with the information? It is greatly appreciated, Thank You

bosshawk

Suggest that you either call your State Director(he has numbers for CAPRAP) or goto eServices and look up your region: that should get you the name and contact info for CAPRAP in your region.  If you don't know who your SD is, that same listing under CAP-USAF should get it for you.

If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll get it for you from our recently retired SD.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: tawright4 on March 25, 2011, 11:02:27 PM
I would like to get in contact with a CAPRAP or a CAPRAP recruiter in the Columbus Ohio area to discuss this program. Can somebody please provide me with the information? It is greatly appreciated, Thank You
Here's the link with the information you need to do:
http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/CAPUSAF/recruiting.asp
Good luck!!
RM

tawright4

Bosshawk and Radioman015 --- Thank you for your responses. I did go to the http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/CAPUSAF/recruiting.asp and I did talk to somebody at the phone number. However, I wanted to find out if openings are available in Ohio and talk to somebody actually doing the work. Bosshawk I will look up those numbers. Once again thank you!

sarmed1

Are you looking for a regular Cat E CAP-RAP assignment or additional duty.  Additional duty asignemnts are usally no problem; CAT E positons are sometimes limited, but its been my experience that CAPRAP is almost as secret as CAP itself.  I was told that NER is in need; lots of retirements.....not a lot of infulx/interest.  Who knows, your region may be in the same boat.

good luck
mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

tawright4

sarmed1 -- I am looking for a Category E assignment. As you say, these positions are sometimes limited. I need to find out if opening is available and what the manning document would look like.  --- Thanks

flyboy53

Quote from: tawright4 on March 26, 2011, 10:16:04 AM
sarmed1 -- I am looking for a Category E assignment. As you say, these positions are sometimes limited. I need to find out if opening is available and what the manning document would look like.  --- Thanks

If there isn't an AFR recruiter near you, you need to start by contacting:

Address
HQ ARPC/DPAAB
Assignments Branch
6760 E Irvington Pl
Denver CO 80280-2300

Phone
Commercial: 303-676-6429
DSN: 926-6429
Fax: 6207

Also, Ohio is in the Great Lakes Region. I would contact Lt. Col. David Tubbs, the Region LO via e-mail at David.Tubb@wpafb.af.mil <David.Tubb@wpafb.af.mil> The region-level CAPRAP works for him.

Some words of advice. Most IMA assignments to the CAP, especially at Wing or lower, are for points only. Paid IMA Assigments are generally at Region or Higher. Who got the paid Mandays when I was in the program went on a seniority basis. Be prepared to work for more than one unit, attend all wing activities, etc. in order to get enough points necessary to get a good year.

The last time I checked, enlisted types are generally frozen in rank although there are special circumstances where promotions are given rarely. Officers continue to progress in their careers.

Enlisted types generally help out in those areas that coorelate with their military specialities. Officers make great AE instructors. Either way, keep track of your time so that you can qualify and submit an application for the Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal.

GroundHawg

Good luck. I tried to get an "E" slot for 3 years to no avail.  :'(

sarmed1

CAPRAP postions are CAT E postions, IMA's are CAT B.  I have never run into a CAT B CAPRAP.  By general definition of the IMA program its likely a non issue for a CAP-USAF..... IMA's primarily backfill AD positions during deployment, and I cant imagine there are that many people deploying out of HQ CAP-USAF that would justify IMA positions.  There is limited funding for AD (annual Tour) and some travel expenses. 
Most activites are points only; the number of points and activites you earn/do is up to you.  Also you are not limited to just CAPRAP time to earn points.... all of the ADLS courses are open to you, non mobility reserve shortfalls and short tours are also open to CAT E reservists to fill if they meet the AFSC requirements.

Promitions are possible in the CAT E world if you are meeting the minimum number of points to justify an EPR/OPR.  I know one CAT E CAPRAP that just retired as an E-9; I first met him when he was an E-6; and he's been CAPRAP the entire time.

The OVSM is a no go for a CAT E CAPRAP.  At that point you are not vounteering your time for CAP; its your USAF job.  OVSM credit only applies if you are a regular CAP member giving your time...

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel