Main Menu

Your CAP plans 2011

Started by James Shaw, December 26, 2010, 11:08:38 PM

jeders

Quote from: BradM on December 27, 2010, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: PhoenixCadet on December 27, 2010, 10:55:01 PM

Recruit more members.  Work on retention.  Find out from former members why they left, and try to change those reasons (if not for personal reasons).

In my squadron there aren't any awards ceremonies on Commander's Call night for new senior members becoming 2nd Lts or receiving their Membership and Yeager award ribbons. While there are promotions awarded to cadets on these nights. Perhaps in some other composite squadrons this is the same too? Maybe the senior members then dont feel they are being recognized as they progress through the 5 levels and sometimes lose interest? Are there composite squadrons that recognize advancements for both cadets and senior members?

In my previous squadron we recognized seniors just as much as cadets. It helped to keep them interested I think, and it also helps to kill some time in the senior schedule.

In my current squadron, I know we used to do this, but lately it seems like the seniors aren't being recognized as much as they should, and I hope to change that.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

BradM

I was selected to become the new Professional Develpment officer. So perhaps I can start this up in my squadron in 2011 :)
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

jimmydeanno

EVERY squadron that I've ever been a member of has recognized senior member accomplishments as well as cadets.  Every specialty track upgrade, promotion, yeager, level completion, and even ES qualifications.  So much of assuming that it was a standard practice...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

BradM

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 27, 2010, 11:38:06 PM
EVERY squadron that I've ever been a member of has recognized senior member accomplishments as well as cadets.  Every specialty track upgrade, promotion, yeager, level completion, and even ES qualifications.  So much of assuming that it was a standard practice...

What was the interest level and morale of the senior members in these squadrons?
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

James Shaw

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 27, 2010, 11:38:06 PM

What area are you from?
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

jimmydeanno

Quote from: BradM on December 28, 2010, 12:12:58 AM
What was the interest level and morale of the senior members in these squadrons?

It varied.  The leadership was motivated and wanted the unit to succeed.  Other seniors were more "casual."  Regardless of the persons morale and interest level, the leadership ensured that that person got recognized.  Sometimes it would be a few months between when we'd see the person and when the achievement happened, but it wasn't forgotten.  Amazingly, it's something that can actually draw someone back in.

Quote from: caphistorian on December 28, 2010, 03:07:08 AM
What area are you from?

Oh, a lot of places.  New Hampshire, Virginia, Louisiana for actual squadrons I've been a member of.  I've also had the privilege of being a seminar advisor for NSC, etc and all the experiences that have been shared with me were pretty similar, not necessarily to the extent of ES qualification, but at minimum promotions, level awards and yeagers.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Kojack

Quote from: caphistorian on December 26, 2010, 11:08:38 PM
What are your CAP plans for 2011?

I'm the Chief of Staff.  My goals are to support the Wing Commander in increasing O-Rides, A/C utilization, increase the number of Wright (Cadets side) and Yeager (Senior Side) awards.  We are also working to "Double up" on all staff assignments so that there are no critical loss possibilities and ensure that all Wing Staff complete the PD training in more than one Specialty Track.

What are your personal PD goals for the year?

I want to work on an actual COMMANDERS TRACK so that there is one and not just a listing that is nonexistent as far as any training goes. 

What are your professional CAP goals for the year?

Working on my resume to have a valid shot at becoming a Wing Commander.

DBlair

1. I have a lengthy/detailed written-out plan for 2011, which includes adding more CP staff, implementing a wide variety of activities/programs, and generally improving my section to its maximum potential.

2. Complete Level IV.

3. Continue to develop/maintain FLWG/Group 3 as the top Group-level Cadet Program in FLWG and SER.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

onetimeoneplace

Some of my personal goals:

1. Earn Mitchell, preferably by June

2. Get onto PAWG Encampment Staff

3. Get onto my squadron's staff

4. Go on some missions and earn my GTM3

5. Go back to NBB; try out for NBB staff

6. MOST IMPORTANT - RELATES TO #1: Work up on PT, get C/CMSgt by February
C/Capt Isaac McDermott, CAP
PAWG Basic Encampment 2009, Staff 2011 (PAO), Staff 2013 (Inspections)
Pennsylvania Wing
Tri-Wing Encampment Staff 2013 (Public Affairs OIC)
GTM3, UDF, MRO, FLM
NJWG RCLS 2010
Mitchell #60963
National Blue Beret 2010 + 2012, SUPTFC-MS 2012
Earhart #15947
Cadet Officer School 2013

Tim Medeiros

I fully intend to be less active in 2011 than any other year I've been in.  Joys of a new job and not knowing where I'll end up.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on January 01, 2011, 01:14:57 PM
I fully intend to be less active in 2011 than any other year I've been in.  Joys of a new job and not knowing where I'll end up.

Good luck I'm proud that the military will be gaining a valuable asset.

Mc Gehee, Cody

I personally plan on the following in the year of 2011

1. Continue my leadership roles in Wing CAC
2. Estb. my Group CAC and create a solid base for future Group 700 and 706 CACs to work with
3. Obtain my C/2nd Lt
4. Go to Encampment for a 3ed time
5. Become a SM

HOOAH! I only have till Sept 10 of this year to complete my goals. Wish me luck.
Mc Gehee, Cody
Civil Air Patrol USAF Aux. (Inactive)
Cadet Col. AJROTC (Ret.) Color Guard Commander, Honor Guard Commander

RiverAux

Cut back on my CAP participation. 

NCRblues

"the same thing i do every year my fellow SM's, try and take over a wing!!!!"      >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Mc Gehee, Cody

Quote from: NCRblues on January 02, 2011, 02:46:22 AM
"the same thing i do every year my fellow SM's, try and take over a wing!!!!"      >:D

I have been trying that but as a cadet... I guess it kinda works... lol....
Mc Gehee, Cody
Civil Air Patrol USAF Aux. (Inactive)
Cadet Col. AJROTC (Ret.) Color Guard Commander, Honor Guard Commander

meganite

Quote from: BradM on December 27, 2010, 07:34:58 PM
Quote from: caphistorian on December 26, 2010, 11:08:38 PM
What are your CAP plans for 2011?

What are your personal PD goals for the year?

What are your professional CAP goals for the year?

1. Finish studying for the Yeager award/ribbon and take and pass the test.
2. Become Technician level in the specialty tracks of Professional Development and Finance.
3. Obtain ratings as a Mission Scanner and Observer.
4. Complete Officer Basic Course.
5. Complete SLS.
6. Become a 2nd Lt. after 6 months as a Senior Member [Feb 18th, 2011].
7. Complete 60 hours of Community Service to get the Community Service ribbon.
8. Go to Encampment this Summer.
9. Lose 20 to 25lbs ;)

Wow, this echoes my list quite well :O Except for me it would be:
1. Finish studying for the Yeager award/ribbon and take and pass the test.
2. Become Technician level in the specialty tracks of Aerospace Education and ITO.
3. Obtain ratings as a Mission Observer.
4. Complete Officer Basic Course.
5. Complete SLS.
6. Become a 2nd Lt. after 6 months as a Senior Member [I don't actually know what date it would be... I should look into this whole sequence].
7. Maintain current weight +5lbs (need more exercise to build muscles because I am A WIMP)

MIKE

Your Date of Rank/Grade should be in your eServices record, unless they've changed it in the past two years.
Mike Johnston

DKruse

I took the last 12 months off as a patron member and just became active again last week.

1. Get back in the CAP routine
2. Get Senior Communications rating
3. Get back in the airplane and work on my instrument rating
4. Complete Level III
5. Complete the high-level ICS training

Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

J.American

1. Billy Mitchell Award (being pinned in two weeks)
2. 6 min or less mile, consistently
3. Attend HGA and AL/MS Summer Encampment as Flight Commander
4. Recruiter Ribbon and Community Service 2nd Award.
5. Finish Wing CAC term with enough to show for it (I would like to try to work out a CAPM 39-1 Supplement like other wings, but that needs more work)
6. Amelia Earhart Award
7. Form a joint squadron Drill Team
C/2d LT Ricketts
SER-AL-087

HGjunkie

1) Get my Mitchell by the end of the year
2) Finally get my GTM3
3) Look into specialty tracks cadets can participate in
4) Go back to HGA and attend an NFA
5) Participate in Comm. Service
6) Run, run, run
••• retired