Main Menu

joining back up

Started by brent.teal, May 06, 2013, 02:57:28 PM

brent.teal

so i have been out of cap since 2000.  formerly a cadet and senior memberout of kelly composite squadron opin san antonio. im going to head over to the chester cont composite squadrons meeting this week. In downingtown pa.

Im over weight so i cant wear the normal uniform yet, sonhoping they still have something forme to wear.  my specialty will probably be comm, im a ham but one never knows. 

Have there been any major changes while i have been away? 

Thanks
Brent
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

NCRblues

Major changers since 2000??

Uh, yes. Yes indeed.

Basically take everything you used to know, and put it in the nostalgia file and prepare to relearn 99.9% of CAP.   
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Storm Chaser

There have been many changes. Most training and achievements are kept online now, so some of your previous personnel record may be in eServices already. If you have paper documentation of your previous training and accomplishments, then that can really help as well.

I would recommend you go to http://www.capmembers.com/ and familiarize yourself with some of the changes in CAP. You'll find there professional development requirements under CAP University, emergency services and comm requirements under Emergency Services and all current CAP publications. It's a good place to start. Welcome back!

johnnyb47

Agree with the above.....

But welcome back!
:)
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Private Investigator

Same product since 1941. But a whole different set of hoops to jump thru.

Welcome back and welcome aboard CT   :clap:

brent.teal

well go figure eservices sas i'm outside the window to renew online :).  Too bad it won't show me whats in there yet.  OH well guess I'll ahve to wait a few weeks.  An idea if I will need toresumibt a finger print card since I submitted one way back when I became a SM? 

I saw that they approved the Woxoun radios for 2meter's and they aren't an arm and a leg so i'll pick oen of those up soon.  Looks like my ft950 isn't approved, over 3 lousy DB oh well.  I hope I cna get back on HF without it costing an arm and a leg and 15 digits. 
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

Eclipse

Quote from: brent.teal on May 07, 2013, 01:44:05 PM
well go figure eservices sas i'm outside the window to renew online :).  Too bad it won't show me whats in there yet.  OH well guess I'll ahve to wait a few weeks.  An idea if I will need toresumibt a finger print card since I submitted one way back when I became a SM? 

Yes - this will not be an online "renewal", you will essentially be a new member.  Make sure to indicate that you were a member before and the will likely assign
your previous CAP ID number, and depending on what is on file, some of your previous accomplishments may show up as well.

You will need a unit CC to sign and submit your application, FP card, and complete the background check before you are accepted as a member.

"That Others May Zoom"

brent.teal

oh i hope thry dont want me to pay 13 years of membership dues that would be expensive
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: brent.teal on May 07, 2013, 05:42:32 PM
oh i hope thry dont want me to pay 13 years of membership dues that would be expensive

No.  Your dues will only be going forward.  The ability to back-pay dues is only allowed within the first two years you drop off.

"That Others May Zoom"

Simplex

I was only out 4 years and could not believe the changes...I'm still learning.  Welcome back.

brent.teal

Thank you for the warm reception everyone. One good thing is that i now know what my capid is for my application.  I have been looking at the online information y'all pointed out as well and it has been a big help.  i'm gusessing it will take a couple of weeks to get everything arranged but all signs are pointing to god things to come.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP

brent.teal

My paper work and prints are on their way to hq, should be there on monday well see how long it takes.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP

NIN

Quote from: brent.teal on May 11, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
paper work and prints are on their way to hq.  should be there, on monday well see how long it takes.

Figure on no less than two weeks. 
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

brent.teal

I am now officially a member again.  Looks like my 1lt rank never made it to national officially but no biggie.  I've completed opsec, safety, and equal opportunity.  though EO hasn't shown up in eservices like opsec and safety did. 

Is there anywhere I can look in eservices if level 1 was actually recorded from my previous membership or is that under achievements?
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP

johnnyb47

Quote from: brent.teal on May 16, 2013, 07:03:41 PM
Is there anywhere I can look in eservices if level 1 was actually recorded from my previous membership or is that under achievements?

If it's in there you should see it under the training Tab of the member search page.

Welcome back!
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Luis R. Ramos

Welcome...

You hint there was some break in your service but you do not post for how long.

If the break was for more than two years, you start new. Some of your achievements do not expire and are supposed to be there.

Having said that, if your break was for more than two years, you begin fresh as a naked baby. You have to re-take Level I. And you are no longer 1st Lieutenant. You are a Senior Member. Once you pass Level 1, your present squadron commander can authorize you to your former grade. You have to show you held that grade, or a call to NHQ membership department may be able to substantiate your claim.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Storm Chaser

Quote from: brent.teal on May 16, 2013, 07:03:41 PM
I am now officially a member again.  Looks like my 1lt rank never made it to national officially but no biggie.  I've completed opsec, safety, and equal opportunity.  though EO hasn't shown up in eservices like opsec and safety did. 

Welcome back!

Because of how long you've been out, you will have to do Level 1 again even if the previous one shows up in eServices. For those achievements and training completed previously but not showing up on eServices, you can have NHQ update your record as long as you have supporting documentation (e.g. certificates, CAPF 2As, etc.).

BillB

OK hers's a problem. Capt Jones is out of CAP for 3 years. He's a former cadet Spaatz holder. The exemption for former cadets not having to take level 1 does not seem to expire reading the regs. He would have to retake CPPT, but looks like would be exempt from level 1 e4ven after 2 years.. 
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Storm Chaser

Quote from: BillB on May 16, 2013, 09:53:13 PM
OK hers's a problem. Capt Jones is out of CAP for 3 years. He's a former cadet Spaatz holder. The exemption for former cadets not having to take level 1 does not seem to expire reading the regs. He would have to retake CPPT, but looks like would be exempt from level 1 e4ven after 2 years..

I'm a former cadet (Earhart) and had a break in service of several years. When I came back, some of my previous PD was still good, but I had to redo Level 1 and request grade reinstatement after that.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Storm Chaser on May 16, 2013, 10:47:01 PM
Quote from: BillB on May 16, 2013, 09:53:13 PM

I'm a former cadet (Earhart) and had a break in service of several years. When I came back, some of my previous PD was still good, but I had to redo Level 1 and request grade reinstatement after that.

Same. 6 year break as a Major, had to redo Level 1 and CPPT and fingerprints.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things