Main Menu

Level III complete!

Started by Dad2-4, April 03, 2012, 01:10:21 AM

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on April 11, 2012, 03:06:57 AM
OK, second least officer grade...
Well,  most likely third...behind Major General and Brigadier General

SarDragon

I covered that with the generals, as a group. We discussed this via PM.

A typical graph humps at Capt/1Lt, depending on which wing, and where the sun is in the sky. SMs are outliers.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AirDX

Level III appeared in e-services today!  Yay, me!  Doubling my pay!

Filled out, signed, scanned and e-mailed to squadron/CC at 1622 on 7 May 2012
Signed, scanned and e-mailed to Wing/CC at 1706 on 7 May 2012
Wing/CC signed, scanned and e-mailed to NHQ at 1813 on 7 May 2012

8 business days later, i.e. today, 16 May, it appeared in e-Services.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: AirDX on May 17, 2012, 10:46:33 AM

Congratulations.

Remember, when the promotion comes through, you are on the hook for the promotion party.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

a2capt

Start the application now for Level V ...

By the time it starts to get looked at, the prerequisites will be there waiting for it.  ;)

JeffDG

Filled out, signed, scanned and e-mailed to squadron/CC at 1622 on 7 May 2012
Signed, scanned and e-mailed to Wing/CC at 1706 on 7 May 2012
Wing/CC signed, scanned and e-mailed to NHQ at 1813 on 7 May 2012

8 business days later, i.e. today, 16 May, it appeared in e-Services.
Well, I'll finish my Level III a bit later this year...I'll take my form with me, because everyone will be there to sign off...my last requirement is a second Wing conference!

AirDX

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on May 17, 2012, 01:55:51 PM

Congratulations.

Remember, when the promotion comes through, you are on the hook for the promotion party.

Not a problem.  I have 11 more months to go for TIG, I can start saving my pennies now.

disamuel

My Level III just posted today, four years and two months after I joined. I'm happy to finally see it listed on-line. I have another two years TIG.

SARDOC

My Level IV was submitted by my Wing CC Yesterday so I'll let you know how long it takes to post in eServices.

AirDX

About a week.  Mine went out on 30 May, posted Level IV complete today, 6 Jun 12.  Interestingly enough, my unit/CC posted a Level II by snail-mail on the same day - it was recorded in e-Services today, 6 June, also.

46 months to LtCol. ;-)

SARDOC

Quote from: SARDOC on June 07, 2012, 01:36:45 AM
My Level IV was submitted by my Wing CC Yesterday so I'll let you know how long it takes to post in eServices.

I submitted for approval to my Group CC day before Yesterday, Wing CC forwarded to NHQ Yesterday and it posted into my eServices account today.  Gotta love the electronic Process.

RogueLeader

Got my level 3 signed last night. Will be faxing it in tomorrow.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Angus

I'm still waiting for mine to show.  Think I might bring the paper work to my next meeting just incase and have the CC sign in PDO isn't there and I'll submit it myself. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

RogueLeader

Mine was faxed in on the 11th, and showed up on the 12th.  :)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

EMT-83

I submitted two on Monday, both were posted the next day. Not too shabby.

spacecommand

Quote from: SARDOC on June 07, 2012, 02:41:17 AM
Quote from: SARDOC on June 07, 2012, 01:36:45 AM

I submitted for approval to my Group CC day before Yesterday, Wing CC forwarded to NHQ Yesterday and it posted into my eServices account today.  Gotta love the electronic Process.

I'm curious, the CAPF24 doesn't even have a spot for Group Commander approval (it has spots for Requester>Squadron CC>Wing CC>Region CC).

Additionally, I'm curious why the added layers for level III?  For level II, goes from Squadron CC direct to NHQ, but for Level III up it makes it way up for Wing CC approval before it goes to NHQ.  I don't see anything that the Wing CC could verify that NHQ couldn't for processing of Level III.

a2capt

It's not verify, but vetting. NHQ is pretty much a record entry step only.

Level I, and II happen at the unit, Level III is approved at the Wing Level, along the promotion to Capt. Major, and Level IV are approved at the region level. Level V is approved at the region level, as well, and recorded at national. Though in theory NHQ could veto any of it, since NHQ isn't involved in any day to day, or have access to Form 11's, and other things similar, it would be probably fairly rare for NHQ to reject something for any other reason that incomplete evidence/criteria not met, that slipped past the previous levels of approval.

What I wish for is that the next thing to get into eServices is the CAPF 24 function. It's pretty much the last one left out, and I could swear that despite the electronic travel, it takes longer than 4 people mailing it up the chain. Because at least then, the thing sitting there on a desk would be a reminder that they have someones award to process, or reject and inform the applicant in a timely manner.

Eclipse

^ Captain is approved at the Group level.

There's no reason a Group CC couldn't require PD pass over his desk on the way up, but since PD is one of the few places where there's no subjectivity
(either you did it or you didn't), the added step wold just delay things.

As a2 said, by the time it gets to NHQ, it should be fully vetted - in my experience most of the delays and returns are because a 24 is sent up without full accompanying substantiation with the assumption that "wing has it" (etc.).

"That Others May Zoom"

spacecommand

If that's the case, shouldn't level II also be vetted through Group/Wing?

I could understand level IV and V going through Wing/Region for vetting, as the PD requirements for those awards require doing items on a Wing/Region/National scale (eg RSCs,  SOS, director/staff member in Wing level activity etc). 

However level II and level III could easily be vetted at the squadron level.

"National headquarters  will base verification of data for the award applied for,  and previous awards on the Senior Member Professional Development Report (PDR).  If entries on the PDR are not current, attach supporting documentation of completion such as  a photo copy of award certificate or diploma.  Application forms without  the proper documentation will be returned to the last appropriate office for action."

Eclipse

I could go either way.  In a lot of cases the lack of Group being involved in "x" is because of an oversight because not all wings have them

Eservices could make the need for the 24 obsolete - just upload the docs when you get them like an ES task and then   validate through he chain.

"That Others May Zoom"