Main Menu

facebook mishap

Started by jman5222, September 16, 2011, 10:48:56 PM

jman5222

so lets say that a couple of people were talking on facebook about other people that they did not like, and they said some rude things, and some how the squadron commander found out what they were talking about. the commander kicked out 4 cadets at 1 time, for doing this, i would like to fix my mistakes and maybe (if they let me) rejoin the squadron.

EMT-83

Work it out with your commander. What the folks here think about the situation is irrelevant.

JayT

Quote from: jelliott2465 on September 16, 2011, 10:48:56 PM
So lets say that a couple of people were talking on Facebook about other people that they did not like, and they said some rude things, and somehow the squadron commander found out what they were talking about. The commander kicked out four cadets at one time, for doing this. I would like to fix my mistakes and maybe (if they let me) rejoin the squadron.

Take it as a lesson learned. Be careful what you post on Facebook. Go try to apologize to your former Squadron CC. Mature a little bit.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Eclipse

Quote from: JThemann on September 16, 2011, 11:01:15 PMTake it as a lesson learned. Be careful what you post on Facebook. Go try to apologize to your former Squadron CC. Mature a little bit.

It must have been fairly serious for a Unit CC to terminate 4 cadets, that or their reaction to the situation may have been in appropriate.
Regardless, there are a few avenues of appeal potentially open to you, but if you have any hope of rejoining at the previous unit, as said,
you're going to need to show yo understand the mistake and how and what you plan to change.

"That Others May Zoom"

jman5222

yah, i know that i have to show that i learned a lesson here, even if it was the hard way :(, but what if the squadron commander is my dad?

EMT-83

Then he can 2B you and inflict the appropriate corporal punishment.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: jelliott2465 on September 17, 2011, 12:22:21 AM
yah, i know that i have to show that i learned a lesson here, even if it was the hard way :( , but what if the squadron commander is my dad?

Then you just may end up being the "example".  >:D

jman5222

yes, i might be, :( me and 4 other people will be, we are probably going to go to another squadron, once my friend turns 16

Short Field

If you were 2B'd for cause, it might not be that easy to rejoin.  Were you 2B'd, suspended, or asked to voluntarily resign?

When I get bored at night, I start following links to check on the cadets in my squadron.  It is amazing how many cadets you can check on and they never know you were there.  The "Friend of a Friend" stuff will kill you on Facebook.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

Quote from: jelliott2465 on September 17, 2011, 12:43:13 AM
yes, i might be, :( me and 4 other people will be, we are probably going to go to another squadron, once my friend turns 16

We're you terminated or just told to GTHO?

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Quote from: Short Field on September 17, 2011, 12:58:22 AM
If you were 2B'd for cause, it might not be that easy to rejoin.  Were you 2B'd, suspended, or asked to voluntarily resign?

When I get bored at night, I start following links to check on the cadets in my squadron.  It is amazing how many cadets you can check on and they never know you were there.  The "Friend of a Friend" stuff will kill you on Facebook.

That's why I keep my privacy settings set to "Friends only" for EVERYTHING. No "friends of friends" crap.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jman5222

my privacy is all friends only, and i wasn't 2B'ed. thank god..... i was just kicked out of the squadron, for an undefined amount of time, i usually never post anything about CAP on my Facebook, but these were messages that i sent, and some how they got sent to the CC, and the deputy commander, and my dad, by someone in the chat.

Al Sayre

Guess the old adage still applies:  If you can't say something nice about someone, then it's best to say nothing at all.  (or at least be very vague >:D)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

The only way to "win" at FB is not to play.

It also sounds like you're more "grounded" than terminated, and if your dad doesn't handle things right, it could wind up coming back on him.
CAP has very specific rules about terminations and suspensions, especially for cadets, and they don't include informal "through the door or out the window".  You're stuck with whatever dad says, but the other cadets have a right to process.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Lord

Actually, other than whatever punishment his Dad may inflict privately, the Cadet enjoys the full protection of the Regulations as they are written. If Dad kicks him out by not letting him play CAP, he is within his rights, but if his Commander subjects him to inappropriate and extra-regulatory punishment  the Cadet is within his rights to  take it up the food chain. Since this non 2B (seemingly) applied to several other Cadets, I think a chat with the Group Cadet Programs Officer and the Commander to clarify and distinguish his power and roles would be appropriate. I would be interested to know if there was a pattern of contumely or mutinous behavior amongst these cadets, and whether at any point they were appropriately counseled (Not Wall-toWall) in the form of a Form 50 review or other documented meeting. Stay off facebook! You may need a security clearance or a job someday, and anything you say can and will be used against you.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

jman5222

this post is done with now, thank you all for your awnsers, now.....can someone tell me how to deleate this post, so that i stop reciving notifacations that people have posted on it after im done with it? thanks

JayT

Quote from: jman5222 on September 17, 2011, 03:07:14 AM
This thread is done with now, thank you all for your answers, now.....can someone tell me how to delete this post, so that I stop receiving notifications that people have posted on it after I'm done with it? Thanks

Not liking the answers? Grow up dude.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

jman5222

i like the awnsers, and i under stand them, i just dont want the notifacations, and want 2 deleate this post, help?

SARDOC

Well stop nuking your posts.  It's bad form.  You can stop the notifications in your preferences.

JC004

Quote from: SARDOC on September 17, 2011, 03:19:39 AM
Well stop nuking your posts.  It's bad form.  You can stop the notifications in your preferences.

Quote from: MIKE on March 12, 2008, 03:37:30 PM
Self moderate before you click submit....  Once you post it, you own it.