CAP course for AF members

Started by RiverAux, May 24, 2010, 10:19:43 PM

Short Field

Quote from: DBlair on May 30, 2010, 08:06:26 PM
I think its a nice idea for there to be a course on CAP for RM to take and have on their PME record. That being said, I was severely disappointed with the course and "exam" as it currently stands.
I think it would have to a lot more rigor and substance before it meets the standard of a RM PME course.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

DBlair

Quote from: Short Field on May 31, 2010, 02:13:58 AM
I think its a nice idea for there to be a course on CAP for RM to take and have on their PME record. That being said, I was severely disappointed with the course and "exam" as it currently stands.
I think it would have to a lot more rigor and substance before it meets the standard of a RM PME course.

That is what I was thinking too. I read about this being something for an AF member to add to their record, so I was a bit surprised when I found out the reality of this CAP course.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

RiverAux

I don't think anyone suggested it go into a military "record", rather that it might be something to bring up during their next performance review as an "extra" that they did. 

Short Field

Quote from: RiverAux on May 31, 2010, 03:04:39 AM
I don't think anyone suggested it go into a military "record", rather that it might be something to bring up during their next performance review as an "extra" that they did.

Yep, your right.  This is what confused me.

It would need MUCH more added to reach the level of PME.  Nothing in CAP currently comes close.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

DBlair

I guess it confused me as it refers to "Air Force PME Students" and how this can be added as a bullet on their OPR/EPR. Glad to see I was mistaken regarding this being accepted as PME.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

PHall

Anything can be a bullet on an EPR/OPR, just depends on how well it's written.

DakRadz

bio-medial? What's that? Small typo, but still.

The test is pretty in-depth NOW; a big problem is that the answers to some questions are actually in the middle of the question.
For example:

How many CAPtalk members does it Pylon take to screw in a lightbulb?
A) Seven
B) Thirty-two
C) Five
D) Pylon

See the problem? (The answers aren't that easy, I just wanted to highlight the issue)

Also, I was graded wrong on some answers when it said the answer I had selected was the corrected answer. i.e. To use the above chart, I selected Pylon but my answer was recorded as Thirty-two.

I say in-depth- only one CAP VAlunteer question appeared, and the rest asked about ground teams, aircraft cruising speeds, members, AE programs... Pretty good summary for the average airman.

caphornbuckle

Looked to me like more of a recruiting tool for getting AF personnel in CAP.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

JK657

Great idea, poorly executed in my opinion. There's no excuse for grammar and spelling errors in the test. We should put our best foot forward, especially when dealing with AF. Misspelled words and poorly written questions do not reflect well on us