Main Menu

Squadron Patches

Started by CadetMetsker, October 15, 2023, 12:40:45 PM

CadetMetsker

Anyone know where to get a squadron patch? I've been dying trying to find one.

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Your squadron should have them on hand to sell/hand out to members. Your squadron may be out of stock or may not have an approved patch. They are not mandatory items. It is possible to have one off copies made of patches, but generally cost prohibitive to do so.

I would encourage you to ask your chain of command about them. Perhaps a new run of patches will be necessary, which would also be a great time to redesign the patches and run them through the approval process to bring them into current standards.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

baronet68

Quote from: CadetMetsker on October 15, 2023, 12:40:45 PMAnyone know where to get a squadron patch? I've been dying trying to find one.

If your squadron doesn't have a patch, or the legacy patch doesn't meet the current design guidelines, then CAPR 110-3 will be your educational source for the design and approval requirements.
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R_1103__25_January_2021_C3A6C608E30D2.pdf

I've helped dozens of squadron patches, and even one wing patch, through the process and am happy to offer my two cents.  Also, I believe the National Heraldry Team tends to keep an eye on the Facebook Heraldry & Insignia page so you should be able to find answers there, too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/capheraldry/
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

CAPJOE

Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on October 15, 2023, 01:53:53 PMYour squadron should have them on hand to sell/hand out to members. Your squadron may be out of stock or may not have an approved patch. They are not mandatory items. It is possible to have one off copies made of patches, but generally cost prohibitive to do so.

I would encourage you to ask your chain of command about them. Perhaps a new run of patches will be necessary, which would also be a great time to redesign the patches and run them through the approval process to bring them into current standards.
My squadron designed a new patch a couple years ago. We got 250 from Vanguard for approximately $300.