Main Menu

LogBook

Started by RogueLeader, September 23, 2007, 03:35:27 AM

Short Field

Your CAP logbook needs to log the sorties you fly, mission type, aircrew position, and flight time.  You also should get in the habit of logging the time you spend on Ground Teams and Mission Base on a SAR.

The Air Search & Rescue Ribbon is awarded for every 10 SAR sorties flown as a MP or MO.  You also receive credit for one sortie for each 4 hours spend actively searching on a SAR as a GTM.  Mission Base personnel receive credit for one sortie for each 8 hours of work.  It adds up...
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Ricochet13

Quote from: Short Field on October 20, 2007, 02:28:10 AM
Your CAP logbook needs to log the sorties you fly, mission type, aircrew position, and flight time.  You also should get in the habit of logging the time you spend on Ground Teams and Mission Base on a SAR.

The Air Search & Rescue Ribbon is awarded for every 10 SAR sorties flown as a MP or MO.  You also receive credit for one sortie for each 4 hours spend actively searching on a SAR as a GTM.  Mission Base personnel receive credit for one sortie for each 8 hours of work.  It adds up...

Let me echo the importance of this.  Wish I would have been doing this from the start.  Many missions now and I don't have a precise description of what they were or specifically what I did.  Starting out new members of the squadron and will require encourage them to keep log books of all mission activities.

I'm not sure I can even get the information from a file or database.  Would be nice to know exactly what I've done over the last 4 1/2 years, but unlikely I can piece together a 100% true picture of mission involvement.