Main Menu

AE Homework

Started by arajca, February 27, 2007, 02:48:41 PM

arajca

I tried something a little different with my cadets for AE this month. I gave them a homework assignment a week and a half ago. The assignment was to think about what it would take to establish a self sufficient or self sustaining moon colony and bring ideas to the meeting to discuss. After a slow start, we really got rolling and ran a little over time. The emphasis I put to it was the fact that the folks planning it now - and the rest of us over 30 - aren't going to be the ones building the colony. The current cadets are.

I am looking at doing more AE in this format since the cadets really seemed to enjoy it.

Besides, it's easier than just lecturing. :)

mprokosch11

Quote from: arajca on February 27, 2007, 02:48:41 PM
I tried something a little different with my cadets for AE this month. I gave them a homework assignment a week and a half ago. The assignment was to think about what it would take to establish a self sufficient or self sustaining moon colony and bring ideas to the meeting to discuss. After a slow start, we really got rolling and ran a little over time. The emphasis I put to it was the fact that the folks planning it now - and the rest of us over 30 - aren't going to be the ones building the colony. The current cadets are.

I am looking at doing more AE in this format since the cadets really seemed to enjoy it.

Besides, it's easier than just lecturing. :)
Did they have to write it down and if they did how many actually did it.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

arajca

They didn't have to write it down (that'd make more work for me to check it), but they could tell which cadets had done the homework. Another good thing was watching the synergy and though processes as the discussion progressed.

Most of the cadets took the time to tell me they really enjoyed the activity because it was so driven by their ideas.

mprokosch11

Well good job sir, sounds like it was a very productive discussion.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)