Arktis Civil Air Patrol SAR Vest

Started by Abdomina, June 18, 2011, 07:47:16 PM

Eclipse

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=6009.msg118353

...armed with the knowledge that these aren't any more, or less, "CAP SAR Vests" than anything else.
This is just a UK supplier marketing them via eBay using CAP's name.

From their site it looks like they make some other cool stuff: http://arktisusa.com/

"That Others May Zoom"

Abdomina

I don't care if they are using CAP's name, i want to know about quality and carrying capacity.
I went to their site and they do make high quality gear, i use one of their combat vests for airsoft.

Senior

Arktis makes gear for the British Military.  If you already have some of their gear for airsoft then isn't your question about quality already answered?  You will
have to research the dimensions for the pockets to determine the capacity.
" I don't care...." kind of rude from someone requesting help, isn't it?

Abdomina

It seemed that he was saying that it was a bad thing becuase its from the UK.  I just wanted to know about this particular rig.

Senior

"He" made no such inference about anything being bad.  I assume that the  construction and design is on par with US GI Issue gear.  I also assume not many folks in CAP and the US actually use this gear made by Arktis.  You will have to determine from thier specs about the carrying capacity.  I believe a molle vest or chest rig would be more customized versus the Arktis

Eclipse

Quote from: Abdomina on June 21, 2011, 01:59:10 AM
It seemed that he was saying that it was a bad thing becuase its from the UK.  I just wanted to know about this particular rig.

Quote from: Eclipse on June 18, 2011, 07:53:49 PMFrom their site it looks like they make some other cool stuff: http://arktisusa.com/

Yes, clearly from my comment I have an issue with the manufacturer.

I simply stated that this is not a "CAP Vest" it is just a "vest", a few people on this board use it and like it and I haven't heard anyone
say a big giant "no".

It's a little pricey considering you'll have to add the hydro pack to it at additional cost. With shipping and a decent hydro you're looking at
$100(ish), and in that price range you have a fair number of options which are more modular.

Otherwise, have at...

"That Others May Zoom"

Abdomina

I thought it would help my back by balancing the weight.

Sapper168

I own one of these and i will say that i love it. I can carry all of my 24 hour gear and actually have room left for more gear if needed.  It is very well constructed and easy to adjust to fit to various body types.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Abdomina

Thanks, that is the reply i was looking for!

phillybiker

they are high quality and very good vests. I have bought them for myself and others in the past and everyone is happy. It might have too much room. LOL
The only thing I would suggest is to try to find a real camelbak bladder for it since the bladders they give you with the vest, (If you choose that option) is not as good as I would like, and not the same quality of the vest.