CAP Virtual sUAS Training

Started by etodd, July 23, 2020, 07:18:23 PM

etodd

Online sUAS Training in August.  Learn what you need for the SQTR.  Make sure your CC and Wing DO are aware you are starting this.

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Capt Thompson

Thank you, I missed the first two days last time around and have been waiting to make them up. Was planning on doing the sUAS course at MIWG SAR Academy in August but COVID had other plans.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

kcebnaes

This is great. I sent this to the Wing/DOUs last night (with permission from OP, of course!)
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

dwb

Do you have to attend every session, or do they indicate which SQTR tasks they are covering each day?

I cannot commit to 2.5 hours five evenings a week indefinitely.

Capt Thompson

Quote from: dwb on July 24, 2020, 01:10:44 PMDo you have to attend every session, or do they indicate which SQTR tasks they are covering each day?

I cannot commit to 2.5 hours five evenings a week indefinitely.

If they do it the way they did last time, they will go through the task guide in order and complete 3-4 tasks each night, so if you miss a night you'll know where they left off the night before and where they picked up at the next session, so you'll know what you missed. There isn't a way to go back and have them give you credit for those tasks so you'll have to complete those with a local SET, which shouldn't be a problem since you have to do your practice missions anyway so you can get them signed off then.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

exarmyguard

Spreading the word. Question.For qualified individuals, will there be a custom suas wings for the uniform?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

etodd

Quote from: exarmyguard on July 26, 2020, 12:13:47 AM...will there be a custom suas wings for the uniform?

Why must it always be Uniform bling? My sUAS Quals are on my 101 Card. Thats all thats needed.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: etodd on July 26, 2020, 03:19:30 AM
Quote from: exarmyguard on July 26, 2020, 12:13:47 AM...will there be a custom suas wings for the uniform?

Why must it always be Uniform bling? My sUAS Quals are on my 101 Card. Thats all thats needed.

We pay members in badges and cloths.

dwb

We have pilot wings, observer wings, aircrew wings, solo wings, even pre-solo wings. Although uniform flair shouldn't be the first thing on someone's mind, it's not an unreasonable question to consider.

exarmyguard

I was curious because CAP does recognise such accomplishments.

NIN

We can't handle the training pipeline flood if we created sUAS wings. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Quote from: NIN on July 26, 2020, 11:20:53 PMWe can't handle the training pipeline flood if we created sUAS wings. :)

^^^ Best answer.   

Although the FAA Part 107 requirement is keeping the numbers down anyway, especially Cadets.