No promotion after 18 months as a senior?

Started by simon, January 26, 2010, 07:08:48 PM

Short Field

The member has primary responsibility for knowing when he/she should be promoted.  I constantly review members records and can catch things like TIG and if the required PD level has been obtained.  I also do a quick records review anytime I update a record.  However, unless the member lets me know when they accomplish the requirements, it is too easy to miss them.  I am just not always that up on who has attended their second Wing Conference unless they tell me.

Any member should know when they should be promoted to the next grade and what are the next items they need to complete for PD.  I try to give each member a written note (usually on a member report printout) outlining what they need to do.  If you know what you need, get with your PDO and find out.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

flyguy06

Quote from: simon on February 06, 2010, 08:37:07 AM
It is just time.

Oh, I understand that. We all have our regular job and families. Most specialty Tracks are not that hard really. They don't really  in depth work. Let's say you are the unit personnel officer. Your  main job is to let members know what trainingthey need and give them the form and send it up to highter Too easy.

Go to SLS, CLC, Wing Conferences. If you can take the time to fly, then you should be abel to take the time to attend a SLS. CLC is the same amount of time as a SARex,

simon

Somebody must have been listening. I got promoted to 2nd Lt. in the meeting this week.

I was thinking as per the regs. that I qualified for 1st, but I'll let the CO make that election.

I'm still moving ahead with the MP training but that blasted airplane keeps breaking down. Just out of three weeks and $8k+ of repairs in the shop and the first time I go to fly it there's no charge. Back to the shop.

30 year old planes...

brasda91

Quote from: Short Field on February 07, 2010, 04:44:03 AM
The member has primary responsibility for knowing when he/she should be promoted.  I constantly review members records and can catch things like TIG and if the required PD level has been obtained.  I also do a quick records review anytime I update a record.  However, unless the member lets me know when they accomplish the requirements, it is too easy to miss them.  I am just not always that up on who has attended their second Wing Conference unless they tell me.

Any member should know when they should be promoted to the next grade and what are the next items they need to complete for PD.  I try to give each member a written note (usually on a member report printout) outlining what they need to do.  If you know what you need, get with your PDO and find out.

That is the way I have thought of it since I joined.  I had a discussion with the Region CC on my Lt Col promotion. He thinks it is the responsibility of the unit commander to approach his/her members and say "Hey, you're eligible for promotion.  I'll be discussing this with the promotion board".  I don't disagree completely, but I do think each member should be aware when they have completed all the requirements for promotion.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011