Main Menu

Deputy commanders?

Started by okeecap, November 18, 2012, 01:47:10 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: SARDOC on November 21, 2012, 10:34:47 PM
Advisor to the Commander in my squadron is used for Former Unit Commanders who just go burnt out and aren't participating at a level enough to hold a staff position.  Keeping the two that I have on my roles has been very helpful because both have much more time back in CAP then I do...so I use them as Advisor's Not XO's

Why is it necessary for a former CC to have a pretend staff job to continue to provide assistance and mentorship?
I'm not even assigned to the units where I was a CC and am able to provide help (when asked), without a title.

In my experience, most "advisers to the commander" are members who want authority with no responsibility, or for some reason aren't
allowed to take responsibility because of past drama.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on November 21, 2012, 11:00:05 PM
Advisor to the Commander in my squadron is used for Former Unit Commanders who just go burnt out and aren't participating at a level enough to hold a staff position.  Keeping the two that I have on my roles has been very helpful because both have much more time back in CAP then I do...so I use them as Advisor's Not XO's

Why is it necessary for a former CC to have a pretend staff job to continue to provide assistance and mentorship?
I'm not even assigned to the units where I was a CC and am able to provide help (when asked), without a title.

In my experience, most "advisers to the commander" are members who want authority with no responsibility, or for some reason aren't

It's not necessary, but then again most staff positions aren't necessary.  I assign personnel into positions that I deem fit for the good order and operations of my unit.  It works out very well and while one of them is currently on deployment it seems to suit him very well.  There is no Authority associated with the position, at least in my unit.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on November 21, 2012, 11:00:05 PM

I concur   :clap:

docbiochem33

Both positions are equal and no one holds authority over the other unless the CC sets it up that way. 

Camas

Quote from: EMT-83 on November 21, 2012, 04:00:57 AM
Advisor to Commander, CC assigns duties consistent with XO. It's worked for us for many years.

E-services allows for appointments as advisers but these positions aren't listed in CAPR 20-1 so whey are we even using them? I would think not. JMHO.