New Senior Members - Look Here

Started by Stonewall, September 05, 2012, 03:06:18 AM

Stonewall

There were a couple of "new senior member" posts in the past week so I wanted to offer this Senior Member Handbook that I originally wrote in 2003 as a Squadron Commander and updated in 2009 as a DCC for a new squadron.

NOTE:  There may be outdated material, but it should still offer some assistance to new senior members.  I have one for cadets too.

See attached document.
Serving since 1987.

BigShu

Sweet,
Lots of answers to lots of questions. Thanks for the effort to put this together.

ProdigalJim

Hey Stonewall,

I plan to steal *(ahem)* borrow much of this. Thanks for posting!

And..."Fairfax" gets black t-shirts?  ???

Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Stonewall

Quote from: ProdigalJim on September 05, 2012, 07:56:31 PM
And..."Fairfax" gets black t-shirts?  ???

Hah!  I guess when I updated it in 2009 from its original form I failed to replace Fairfax with Jacksonville.

But yes, our squadron had black squadron t-shirts made so we could wear them with BDUs so we mandated that black shirts were mandatory so everyone would be uniform.
Serving since 1987.

Woodsy

Ha, that's great!  I won't even have to change the squadron!  Thanks!  I'll send a copy of this on to the current CC.

Stonewall

I ran into the current CC at Goodyear a couple hours ago.  I actually uploaded it to the shared Dropbox account.  But as I just found out, you'll need to change the word "Fairfax" to "Jacksonville".
Serving since 1987.

MSG Mac

I've been using his SM Handbook in a couple of squadrons, very effective. Don't forget to edit the squadron references, addresses , and update as regs and requirements change. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Woodsy

Quote from: Stonewall on September 05, 2012, 08:39:24 PM
I ran into the current CC at Goodyear a couple hours ago.  I actually uploaded it to the shared Dropbox account.  But as I just found out, you'll need to change the word "Fairfax" to "Jacksonville".

Oh, are you back in town???

Stonewall

Quote from: Woodsy on September 06, 2012, 12:08:34 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on September 05, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Oh, are you back in town???

Been back for a year.  Just haven't had time.
Serving since 1987.

BrannG

ohh ohh! Post the cadet one too please?! Awesome work!

Opps! I just found it :)

Lackland Cadet Squadron - SWR-TX-007 2012-Current
Kelly Composite Squadron - 42178 (Deactivated) 1994-2000
Cadet from 1994-1998
Senior Member from 1998-2000, 2012-Current
United States Air Force 2000-2006, 0-3