New patch helps keep Vanguard profitable

Started by Nomex Maximus, November 07, 2007, 11:46:01 PM

Eclipse

The one approved for the green bag (right now) is #2 (2004)  in this pic:

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Personnaly, I'm going to wait until General Courter gets her feet firmly on the ground and the dust settles before I buy anything.  Probably be after the first of the year.

riffraff

Quote from: Grumpy on November 25, 2007, 06:52:09 PM
Personnaly, I'm going to wait until General Courter gets her feet firmly on the ground and the dust settles before I buy anything.  Probably be after the first of the year.

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of waiting. I wish I did. It really shouldn't be this difficult! If the current thinking is a move back towards the CAP/USAFAux command patch, I guess I'll order those and take my chances.

Made a call to the unit and my CC is wearing US/CAP on his suit -- citing the 10 Jul 07 change letter as authorizing the US CAP command patch on the green bags and jackets and a mandatory (for now) wear date of March 08.

I'm assuming the phase-out date for the CAP/USAFAux command patch is the same March 08 date? Here's hoping the change is made before then so I don't have to make another purchase.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Eclipse

Quote from: riffraff on November 25, 2007, 07:18:22 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of waiting. I wish I did. It really shouldn't be this difficult! If the current thinking is a move back towards the CAP/USAFAux command patch, I guess I'll order those and take my chances.

Of course you do - just don't wear a flightsuit.

If you're this concerned about it, wear a golf shirt until things settle down a bit.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Yep, you're right.  Missed the July change letter. 

riffraff

Anyone taking bets that we end up wearing both? CAP/USAFAux for AFAMs and US/CAP for work with other agencies?  Or worse, CAP/USAFAux on USAF-style uniforms and US/CAP on corporate  ???

Just stirring the pot a bit!  >:D

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: riffraff on November 25, 2007, 09:05:41 PM
Anyone taking bets that we end up wearing both? CAP/USAFAux for AFAMs and US/CAP for work with other agencies?  Or worse, CAP/USAFAux on USAF-style uniforms and US/CAP on corporate  ???

Just stirring the pot a bit!  >:D

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

P.S. DAMBUSTERS! (617 posts - after No. 617 Sqn RAF)  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

alamrcn

I already have my Master Historian, but I'd challange anyone yet to publish their monograph or dissertation to takle acurately documenting (timeline, et al) these insignia changes, as well as their aftermath. Really in all seriousness, don't you think "The Pineda Years" would be an interesting read? It's certainly going to bring even more amazment and coureosity 20 years from now!

In any case...
QuoteMissed the July change letter.
I've mentioned it before, but I will keep any change letters on my website even after they will be removed from the Nat'l website. I also have any old manuals, some presentations, and wing suppliments that I could find.
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library.html
If you have anything else I don't, please send it on!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota