Flight Cap for Senior Member NCO's

Started by pdjd7428, November 03, 2007, 06:55:31 PM

pdjd7428

I can't find the regulation covering which flight cap that Senior NCO's can wear. Do we wear the non-braid or the silver braid flight cap.
1st Lt. Jermaine Down, EMT-I
Health Services Officer
Southwest Region
SWR-SWR-001
HM3(FMF) US Navy 2002-2006

MIKE

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Figure 2-26.2. Flight Cap: Senior members wear small double clutch back senior member cap device. Cadet NCOs
and airmen wear the cadet enlisted double clutch back cap device. Cadet officers wear miniature or
regular size metal grade insignia on the flight cap. Cap will not be crushed. Senior member officer
flight cap has silver and blue braid. All others wear flight cap with solid blue braid.

Emphasis added.
Mike Johnston

JayT

Quote from: pdjd7428 on November 03, 2007, 06:55:31 PM
I can't find the regulation covering which flight cap that Senior NCO's can wear. Do we wear the non-braid or the silver braid flight cap.

Regular enlisted flight cap.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

It's the same for Senior Members With Out Grade, the standard Issue Flight cap. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JohnKachenmeister

We will have to revive the now-dead enlisted senior member saucer cap device, too.
Another former CAP officer

ddelaney103

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on November 06, 2007, 12:16:23 AM
We will have to revive the now-dead enlisted senior member saucer cap device, too.

Most AF enlised can go their entire career without a Service Cap.

Just say "no" to bus driver hats...

BillB

The senior enlisted device for the service hat has always been available from several sources. But probably not The Hock or Vanguard. I ordred one about a year ago (can't remember the source) and it arrived in about a week. Meaning it was a stock item.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Hawk200

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on November 06, 2007, 12:16:23 AM

I've actually got a couple of those somewhere. It looks to be pretty much the flight cap device with a ring around it. The eagle is exactly the same size.