Shoe Lacing Style Regulation

Started by Airman De Ruiter, January 22, 2013, 05:31:55 AM

bflynn

Quote from: SarDragon on February 03, 2013, 01:07:03 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 02, 2013, 10:55:21 PM
OK, then that's a custom, not a standard.  Nothing wrong with that, as long as people understand.

CAP people, especially cadets, don't usually understand the nuance.

Why isn't it a standard? It denotes expected performance. The fact that it is not documented makes no difference in the basic definition.

In boot camp, we were taught the "standard" way of lacing our shoes.  One day, waiting to go into training with another company, I noticed that every single one of them had their shoes laced differently.  Apparently there are plenty of standards to choose from, it just depends on which one your leadership picks.  Once we were out of boot camp, the topic never came up again.

As was said above - if they ask you to do it a certain way, then do it that way.  Realize that the next leader might change it.  That's the way life goes and paying attention to details will never hurt.

lordmonar

:)

In my BMTS days.....when we dropped a duce we had to cut the toilet paper flat and clean then fold it back nice and neat.

I assumed every BMTS trainee had to meet this same "standard"......but it turns out....that other MTIs were teaching their trainees another way of doing it.

Moral of the story is that not every standard is in the reg.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP