L2K Paper test destruction?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, December 13, 2012, 05:58:26 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quite a disorganized way of keeping on top of that stuff...

PHall

You're using one log sheet a year. You need to do an inventory every 90 days if not more often.
So each sheet has at least four inventories on it.
And if you've kept the past three inventory sheets you have records for the last three years.
The main thing is that you need to complete and document that inventory every 90 days.
Personally. I inventoried the testing materials in my squadron every month.
Made it easy to make sure I had the current materials before I needed them.

SarDragon

I used to do a quick check every time I got into the test box. The tests and folders had a big red diagonal line across the edge, so missing and out of place items were really easy to see.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

The regulation was recently changed. Inventory needs to be done every 180 days, not 90. Electronic logs are now okay, test storage requirements were changed a little, and  TCO appointment letters are no longer required.

Overall, the process became easier. I honestly don't understand the complaining.

Майор Хаткевич

Attachment 2 doesn't show a listed inventory. Just a line that says inventory done.

Brad

Quote from: usafaux2004 on December 15, 2012, 05:29:06 PM
Attachment 2 doesn't show a listed inventory. Just a line that says inventory done.

Correct. Your inventory would consist of going through the logs, looking at all the receipts without an associated destruction, then making sure the logs match up with the physical inventory on hand. Once done and you're satisfied that the log and physical tests agree, you make the entry "inventory done."
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

RogueLeader

Quote from: PHall on December 15, 2012, 05:15:19 AM
You're using one log sheet a year. You need to do an inventory every 90 days if not more often.
And if you've kept the past three inventory sheets you have records for the last three years.
The main thing is that you need to complete and document that inventory every 90 days.

Latest revision only requires an inventory every 180 days.

Opps. Didn't see it already posted.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 15, 2012, 07:07:13 PM

Rougue, start pushing, we'll tell you when you're done! >:D

a2capt

As well, on an inventory, if you retire a test copy because it's ragged .. marked up, etc. .. then mark on the inventory that it's been shredded/whatevered and replaced on this day.

Now if you find that you still have the tests from the previous curriculum in there.. You know it's time for a purge..

SarDragon

Why are you making this so hard? We've told you how to make this work, and you keep evading the answers. The reg isn't the greatest. Your interpretation is too rigid. Loosen up and work with it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on December 16, 2012, 03:59:36 AM

Why are you making this so hard? We've told you how to make this work, and you keep evading the answers. The reg isn't the greatest. Your interpretation is too rigid. Loosen up and work with it.

Brad's post is the first that actually cleared it up for me. It's a terrible system for what it is worth, and certainly doesn't work with an online/digital set up. I get it, but it's going to take some work on my part to fix it up. Your going to run into an issue when tests were received in 2006, and are trying to do this inventory in 2013.

a2capt

Well, yes- There is that but also you make it a point that you are -fixing- an issue, or potential issue. You're improving the situation. What's done is done.

The inventory perhaps is not much more significant than the sheet in the fast food restroom behind the door that the employee signs when the place is checked. For all they know that is all the employee does when they walk in there is make a log entry. But without a camera with playback, that's all you can go by.  "No, really, someone must have just done that right after I left!!!"

The testing inventory log is a guide to whoever, what is in that box, and a record of any issues. No issues, nothing to report, Right? Just the entry that says "5 copies" (are here) and if they pick up that folder, there are 5 copies in it. If they look at them, they should find nothing on any of them that could be a marking signifying the answer. If a cadet marks on a test booklet I ask them to bring it to me, show me what they did and then I have them make more of the same marks on it. If I can have all four answered "marked" the same way, then i'm good. If it's any more than that .. I'll dump the thing, and make a new one. Usually just the affected page. Slide the other into the pocket shredder I have, after tearing it diagonally into a few stripes.

.. and then walk around the room and put random bits of it in one of 10 different trashcans, or walk outside and toss it into the roll off bin, and the dumpster. Of course, having first made the entry on the inventory log.

Turn on change tracking on the document even if you want, then someone can see an audit trail, since that also tells when/if change tracking was dis/enabled.

RogueLeader

Quote from: PHall on December 16, 2012, 12:05:05 AM

Sorry, cat 4 disability on shoulder.  I have started situps instead.   >:D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 18, 2012, 10:18:50 PM
Quote from: PHall on December 16, 2012, 12:05:05 AM

Sorry, cat 4 disability on shoulder.  I have started situps instead.   >:D

It's only one shoulder, right?    So get cracking with the one hand push-ups! >:D