CGM Reproduction by US Mint

Started by James Shaw, December 10, 2014, 02:31:22 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Went online to check, 3" were back in stock. Ordered 2.

LTCinSWR

Quote from: capmando on December 12, 2014, 10:47:37 AM
Quote from: MisterCD on December 12, 2014, 04:16:17 AM

Here is the medal after I had a chance to photograph the replica.

Great addition of the Mission Sleeve Patches. Good work!

I noticed the initials 'DW' and 'MG' on the laurels on the reverse and 'DW' and 'DE' on the obverse. Are these the sculptors or are they commemorating/ memorializing individuals?
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

Eclipse

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on December 26, 2014, 03:19:11 AM
Ixnay on the better camera. But it's on top of a mint proof set, and the color matches the penny, so I assume it's 2.5% copper and 97.5% zinc.

Well, Capt Hatkevich shook hands with me today and one of these was left in the place of his hand.

It is very pretty and well made, and a much-appreciated gift.

"That Others May Zoom"

MisterCD

Quote from: LTCinSWR on January 18, 2015, 01:40:14 AM
Quote from: capmando on December 12, 2014, 10:47:37 AM
Quote from: MisterCD on December 12, 2014, 04:16:17 AM

Here is the medal after I had a chance to photograph the replica.

Great addition of the Mission Sleeve Patches. Good work!

I noticed the initials 'DW' and 'MG' on the laurels on the reverse and 'DW' and 'DE' on the obverse. Are these the sculptors or are they commemorating/ memorializing individuals?

Seek and ye shall find :) http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=press_release&id=1638

LTCinSWR

Quote from: MisterCD on January 18, 2015, 02:34:19 PM
Seek and ye shall find :) http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=press_release&id=1638

Ah... thank you very much! I didn't lose any sleep, but that was what I was looking for.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

Eclipse

They are popping up on eBay already, that didn't take long...

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on January 31, 2015, 05:24:14 PM

You act surprised... ::)

MisterCD

Quote from: Eclipse on January 31, 2015, 05:24:14 PM

The ads on ebay are for the 1.5 inch medals, not the three inch versions that were presented to the veterans and families. Besides, they can be purchased by anyone at the U.S. Mint's website, so they are not necessarily rare items. If a family sells one of the medals, that is entirely their choice.

Eclipse

I love eBay, but as always "caveat emptor" - a $7.00 medal for $13-15 bucks(ish) with "free shipping"
and using the USM's graphics of the gold medal to shill them.

How much you want to bet these "drop ship" form the USM?  I guess "5 bucks is 5 bucks", right?

Maybe if I had that kind of chutzpah I wouldn't be sitting here running malware scans on a client's machine...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I did that once. Kindles were hot, I sold for a profit on eBay and shipping fees. Not my fault people are not smart enough to check availability. Made $700 in a week during college.