Vanguard's Logbooks

Started by Storm Chaser, February 19, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

Storm Chaser

I know these questions have been asked before, but when I searched, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Has anyone bought a recent version of Vanguard's Scanner/Observer and/or Ground Team Logbooks? What are your thoughts? Do you recommend them?

Also, if anyone could post a picture of both, with the pages opened, that would be great. I found an old post that had them, but the pictures were no longer available. Thank you!

SarDragon

AFAIK, the insides are no different.  Only the binding on the MO/MS seems to have changed.

I have one of each, and they document the sorties in a manner acceptable to me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Storm Chaser

I haven't seen them. Can you please post a picture of the pages? Thanks.

Shotgun

Having a record of ES sortie/mission participation is pretty important when it comes to applying for certain service ribbons (Counter Drug, Air Search and Rescue, etc.)

I created a spreadsheet based upon the Vanguard ES Logbooks that you might find helpful. The spreadsheet has two worksheets - one for ground team, one for aircrew. It pretty much mirrors the fields in the paper version.

I hope you find it helpful.

Storm Chaser

Thanks for the attachment. I may be able to use this with my iPad.

RiverAux

They might do better to have a more generic CAP mission logbook that could be used for all positions.  I now wish I had kept better track of missions where I was serving on base staff. 

SARDOC

I think the logbooks provided by vanguard and while they appear to be a valuable tool.  I think the quality is somewhat lacking.  It's looks like something I could mass produce for about $3.00 a piece but they charge $13.00.

a2capt

Quote from: Shotgun on February 23, 2014, 01:50:13 PMI created a spreadsheet based upon the Vanguard ES Logbooks that you might find helpful. The spreadsheet has two worksheets - one for ground team, one for aircrew. It pretty much mirrors the fields in the paper version.
Hurry and download it before the C&D comes ;)

I setup a spreadsheet that prints identically to a logbook format sometime back, because I found it a lot easier to enter the data electronically.

MacGruff

Quote from: Shotgun on February 23, 2014, 01:50:13 PM
Having a record of ES sortie/mission participation is pretty important when it comes to applying for certain service ribbons (Counter Drug, Air Search and Rescue, etc.)

I created a spreadsheet based upon the Vanguard ES Logbooks that you might find helpful. The spreadsheet has two worksheets - one for ground team, one for aircrew. It pretty much mirrors the fields in the paper version.

I hope you find it helpful.

Thanks, ShotGun!

pascocap2002

Thank you, I just filled in information from the weekends mission. I am glad you posted it because I was just about to create something like this so this was a huge help.