Vehicle use freeze

Started by RogueLeader, October 02, 2013, 09:39:30 PM

RogueLeader

I just got an email from my Wing LGT saying that:

Until further notice from NHQ/LG, no Wyoming Wing COV is to be operated for any reason.  Period. 

Is it just us? or others as well.  The title of the email said "Vehicle Insurance."
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Haven't seen anything yet. 

Since there's no vehicle maintenance funds, using them puts them at risk for
being "broke and stuck", but I was still under the impression they could be used if self-funded.

I guess this would be one of those required justifications for POV use during missions.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Which is weird because yesterday, we got notice from the Wing CC that we could use them for normal CAP business, but at our own (squadron) risk .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

PHall

The e-mail I got from the CAWG/CC says that COV's can be used, but there will no reinbursement for anything until there's a budget of some sort.

Woodsy

No restrictions on use here in FLWG.  I would imagine if a trip would put the COV past the mandated mileage for maintenance, it would be a no-go, but other than that we haven't been told not to use them. 

ol'fido

Just got an email today reminding us to drive our vehicles at least once a week to prevent the normal idle breakdowns such as battery drain and tire rot. No mention of not driving. Of course, I am also assuming that any driving you do would be self funded and any major maintenance would have to wait till we get a resolution.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

RogueLeader

As it turns out, it was just an issue with having current Insurance cards.  It's all sorted now.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340