White aviator shirt

Started by vento, November 03, 2008, 08:31:47 PM

DNall

My apologies then. That is simply a case of oversight in a VERY poorly written regulation. The fact remains that the blank grade slide has never been authorized by CAP, much less specified for wear on any uniform.

The white shirt has always been worn according to exactly the same policy as the blues shirt, with the exception of no mild badges/ribbons. That policy should be congruent.

And while we're sitting here debating technicalities & interpretation... don't worry about it. All this will change/go away within the next several months.

The stated intent of the current uniform board was to realign/consolidate items, simplify policy, back fill details for FO/SMWOG/NCO/females, etc... I have extremely great faith that everyone will be positively impressed with their work.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: DNall on November 11, 2008, 11:51:40 PM
My apologies then. That is simply a case of oversight in a VERY poorly written regulation. The fact remains that the blank grade slide has never been authorized by CAP, much less specified for wear on any uniform.

The white shirt has always been worn according to exactly the same policy as the blues shirt, with the exception of no mild badges/ribbons. That policy should be congruent.

And while we're sitting here debating technicalities & interpretation... don't worry about it. All this will change/go away within the next several months.

The stated intent of the current uniform board was to realign/consolidate items, simplify policy, back fill details for FO/SMWOG/NCO/females, etc... I have extremely great faith that everyone will be positively impressed with their work.

I am certainly hoping for just that.   Many of the regs are in dire need of revisiting/revision to reflect the changing times.   We should never have to have threads like this.   I try my best to know/follow the regs as much as possible, so it irks me that certain aspects are in question due to poor wording.

DNall

A lot of things happen in CAP because of people with good intentions but who don't take the time to dig into the logic (whole CSU), system/symbolism (IC badge), details (like FO/female/SMWOG/NCO), or at all spend the time to create good policy. The same thing is true in every aspect of CAP. If you see a CAP member planning an activity or exercise, versus anyone in the military or business, the difference - the competence - is dramatic.