Simple Beret Question

Started by 0, June 05, 2008, 01:29:45 PM

mikeylikey

Quote from: FW on June 06, 2008, 12:23:04 AM
  I wonder if they're going to send us some nuclear fuses with their approval?  >:D

Inside joke alert!  

-----> http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=5245.0

Anyway.......I wasn't thinking that the AF already approved them.  Major memory slippage on my part......my orange ballcap must be too tight!
What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

Anyway, Blue Berets are already allowed for wear with BDU's.  The USAF allows the approved headgear options as described in 39-1.

Amazing, its off-handed statements like that which start these debates and cause problems for members.

They are currently allowed for a narrow CAP population inside of prescribed set of activities and circumstances. 

Outside of that, the debate rages as to where they are allowed, and if a respective wing or another even has the authority to allow their wear.

To off-handedly make a statement like the above ignores the very real, legitimate debate over this issue, which like many similar things is centered on a silly hat, but actually includes "states rights" type issues in other areas as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

But there is no debate berets.

USAF-CAP has authorised them for wear with all uniforms....and no one in the chain has ever made anyone ever stop wearing them.

The only debate is whether a beret awarded at NBB could still be worn once the individual is no longer at NBB....and that was resolved by the NB in 2006....sort of.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on June 06, 2008, 02:10:48 AM

USAF-CAP has authorized them for wear with all uniforms

No they haven't?!?!  Cite please where they are authorized for anything but BDU's in any circumstance.
They are not authorized under any circumstances with service dress or corporate equivalents.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Quote from: Eclipse on June 06, 2008, 01:43:49 AM
Anyway, Blue Berets are already allowed for wear with BDU's.  The USAF allows the approved headgear options as described in 39-1.

Amazing, its off-handed statements like that which start these debates and cause problems for members.

They are currently allowed for a narrow CAP population inside of prescribed set of reactivities and circumstances. 

Outside of that, the debate rages as to where they are allowed, and if a respective wing or another even has the authority to allow their wear.

To off-handedly make a statement like the above ignores the very real, legitimate debate over this issue, which like many similar things is centered on a silly hat, but actually includes "states rights" type issues in other areas as well.

^ :-*

You're so right!  Heaven forbid a member actually reads 39-1.  Let the debate continue and disregard my "offhanded statement". :-X

The plain fact is: the USAF does allows us to wear the BB.  It is an authorized headgear as described in 39-1.  It is the reg. which restricts its use.  If the NB so wanted, it could change the reg to allow it worn by everyone.  I doubt it would but, ya never know now; do ya?  ;D

BTW, I like the "states rights comment".  That's why in CAWG, they wear orange/blue(?) uniforms in the field.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on June 06, 2008, 02:22:13 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 06, 2008, 02:10:48 AM

USAF-CAP has authorized them for wear with all uniforms

No they haven't?!?!  Cite please where they are authorized for anything but BDU's in any circumstance.
They are not authorized under any circumstances with service dress or corporate equivalents.

It's authorised right there in 39-1 table 1-3 line 4.  I am assuming that USAF-CAP hacked off on that inclustion before it was included in the regulation.

It does not say anyting about BDUs only....or blues only.....it just says for special actiivities.  Ergo the wing/regional commander may authorise berets for ANY uniform combination.

If USAF-CAP or national wanted the beret for just the field uniforms....it would have so stated.

You talk about "off handed comments" and yet you do the exact same thing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

Mike Johnston