Mess Dress Shoulder Boards

Started by 0, November 04, 2007, 12:24:19 PM

This could go either way as being here or Marketplace so I flipped a coin.

Is it possible just to buy the Grade Insignia for the Shoulder Boards?  I've got one board where the insignia has fallen off and I'm not sure where it happened.  I don't feel like going out and buying another brand new set just for one event. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

BillB

Vanguard sells the mess dress grade insignia, and The Hock also can get them for you, Comes in sets of two.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

About how much for just the insignia? And how fast can Tom get it? Or for speed is Vangaurd easier?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Tubacap

^speed... vanguard...snicker snicker....
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

IceNine

If tom's got it he'll send them that day if you call early enough.  I ordered full service dress ribbons, nametag, clothing, insignia etc.  And had them by 10Am the next morning
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

lordmonar

I think we are missing NERMA's point.

The rank insignia dropped of his mess dress board.  The "Bullion rank".  I really don't know if anyone sells just the rank insignia.  I have never seen it.  But you can always call vanguard.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

BillB

Vanguard and The Hock both had it. Vanguard sells the shoulder boards bare, without grade and you buy the grade separately.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

James Shaw

I have a set of Captains I could mail tomorrow. You could send me 10 bucks in the mail.  Send me a PM if that is the set you need.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

O-Rex

You can also get the insignia at Marlow White: they sell them for the sleeves of the Army mess-dress, but it's the same thing.

Thanks for your help everyone.   I just got off the phone with Tom and he had a set in stock. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO