Bronze Star Device

Started by UWONGO2, December 22, 2010, 06:28:48 AM

UWONGO2

I'm looking to purchase a bronze star device for my leadership ribbon. The only thing Vanguard seems to sell is a bronze star that is meant to be added to the AE badge.

It was my understanding that our contract with Vanguard states they have to carry all of our uniform items, so it stands to reason they should carry this item. On another area of their site they appear to have what I need, but since it is outside the CAP portion of the site, I want to make sure the items are OK for CAP wear.

Anybody have any suggestions? I tried using the search function here, but I came up blank.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DBlair

The stars are the same for the AEO, CP, and perhaps other specialty badges, as those to be worn on various ribbons.

Interestingly, I ordered a few stars recently and those I received were much smaller than normal size. I'm wondering if they sent the wrong item or if these are the new size being sold.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

flyboy53

There are multiple sizes of ribbon devices. I hope you didn't get something meant for a minature medal.

JohnKachenmeister

That was my thought.  The bronze star device for the ribbon is about 1/8 of an inch, I think.
Another former CAP officer

manfredvonrichthofen

For stars I usually use the Army items, I have had the same issue, I ordered a silver star for my CRLS on the CAP side of VG and it looked too small. So I ordered one from the Army side and it looks much better. You do have to watch what you are ordering on the Army side because they do have different items for ribbons and mini medals.

Eclipse

Quote from: flyboy1 on December 22, 2010, 11:19:52 AM
There are multiple sizes of ribbon devices. I hope you didn't get something meant for a minature medal.

There's different stars for mini-medals?

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2010, 06:04:58 PM

Yep, and they're a pain to put on.

Eclipse

Are they bigger?  Can you post a link to a/b?

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2010, 07:51:40 PM
Are they bigger?  Can you post a link to a/b?

http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_523_2291_2294&products_id=8874

this is the link for the miniature medal star.  The link I posted above is the ribbon star attachment.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2010, 06:04:58 PM

Yes...they are smaller.  Same for the OLCs, triangles and props.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP