Main Menu

2009 National Board Agenda

Started by Chappie, August 15, 2009, 05:03:53 PM

Chappie

Does anyone have the link to or a copy of the agenda for the 2009 National Board?  Thanks.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

bosshawk

Chappie: the CAWG Wing Commander sent out the agenda about a week ago for comment, but I think that is was only sent to Commanders and Wing Staff.

I deleted it once I read it and made some comments, so I am no help.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

I still have mine. I'll send it on.

Chappie - pls PM me your current email. I'm not sure I have it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DrJbdm

Why not post a link here so we can all enjoy it?

RiverAux

Quote from: DrJbdm on August 15, 2009, 08:52:07 PM
Because if this was posted too soon, CAP members might actually have time to read and understand it and maybe even make comments on it through their chain of command. 

They obviously need to keep us in the dark as long as possible so as to get through what they want. 

They used to be pretty good about posting agendas well before the meetings, but not lately. 

SarDragon

Quote from: DrJbdm on August 15, 2009, 08:52:07 PM

I don't have it as a link, I have it as an email attachment, from my Wing CC. I will email it to whoever asks, but don't consider it within my AOR to put it up on the 'Net.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spike

Quote from: SarDragon on August 15, 2009, 10:21:06 PM
I don't have it as a link, I have it as an email attachment, from my Wing CC. I will email it to whoever asks, but don't consider it within my AOR to put it up on the 'Net.

YMMV.

So, you will email it to whoever asks but won't attach it here?  What?!?!

Please Attach it in a PM to me (possible to do??) and I will post it here.  Seriously, it should be out there for EVERYONE to see.

National Headquarters can send me three separate Emails about "famous people" attending the Conference, and sign up sheets, but can't send me an attachment containing the agenda items so I can read over it and make suggestions to my Commanders. 

Umm......I thought we were all about that whole "transparency thing" now??

flyguy06

Thats transperency of government, not CAP

heliodoc

What ANOTHER what is your need to know from CAP

These guys REALLY impress me with their secret squirrel stuff.

When the time comes for DHS  HLS and grant funding...CAP won't have its own happy little way

There will be reporting processes that they HAVE to get used to and that time is now

NHQ and all their supporters think this stuff is "Corporate""     When it come to HLS missions and AAR's and other reporting points.... they are not going to be "choosy" about what is REQUIRED for all disemination (sp)

There will be requirements and if CAP thinks there won't be......too bad for them when someone asks to see what training documents, records, compliance checks etc

IT is about time CAP gets transparent.... they want Gov money, gov uniforms etc 

Time for them to start publishing what membership is spent on

Transparency in CAP?  RIGHT   reading that NHQ?

lordmonar

??

I don't know of any reason national MUST send the NB to each and every CAP member.

Last I checked we were not a democracy.

If a NB member cares to share it then that is good.  If an NB member asks for comments from his comman...that is good.

But neither is required.

On that note....don't ascribe to evil what can be attributed to stupid or lazy. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

arajca

Yes it is. It is also an old item (from 2001) that CAP-USAF non-concurs with. Don't see it happening.

DC

Quote from: arajca on August 16, 2009, 04:20:33 PM
Yes it is. It is also an old item (from 2001) that CAP-USAF non-concurs with. Don't see it happening.
Yeah, I noticed it. The discussion on that will be interesting, though likely brief. NHQ doesn't seem to enthused about it anymore, and CAP-USAF has made their position quite clear.

Hawk200

Quote from: DC on August 16, 2009, 02:54:15 PM
Agenda Item 18a. Interesting.
Quote from: DC on August 16, 2009, 05:21:08 PM
Yeah, I noticed it. The discussion on that will be interesting, though likely brief. NHQ doesn't seem to enthused about it anymore, and CAP-USAF has made their position quite clear.

If you guys are going to discuss it, either post the agenda or discuss by PM.

FW

Here is the agenda.  Courtesy of your friendly national finance officer :)

Spike

Don't be like that

Don't be like that

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 16, 2009, 05:31:28 PM
Quote from: DC on August 16, 2009, 02:54:15 PM
Agenda Item 18a. Interesting.

If you guys are going to discuss it, either post the agenda or discuss by PM.

Thank you, I agree with you!

Quote from: FW on August 16, 2009, 05:32:38 PM

Thank you!  I appreciate your help.  You are now my favorite Colonel. 

Let me ask.....was it that hard to post??  You got it done in what....5 seconds??

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2009, 04:39:05 AM
??

I don't know of any reason national MUST send the NB to each and every CAP member.

Last I checked we were not a democracy.

If a NB member cares to share it then that is good.  If an NB member asks for comments from his comman...that is good.

But neither is required.

On that note....don't ascribe to evil what can be attributed to stupid or lazy. 

I agree with the lazy part.  They are not stupid though.  They wait until the last minute so the rank and file have no chance to pass comments up the "chain of command".

Hawk200

Quote from: FW on August 16, 2009, 05:32:38 PM

Thank you. It's annoying to be in the dark.

RiverAux

HOLY MOLY!
Agenda item 3:  Region commanders elected by the Wing Commanders. 
Wing Commanders elected by the members of their Wing. 
Squadron/Group commanders still chosen by Wing CC. 

CAP-USAF and National LO non-concurs. 

This would be absolutely wonderful.  As I've said before, I've seen this system work fairly well in the CG Aux, another paramilitary style organization.  And it is the way almost every club or other private organization in the country works.  Sure, there will be problems, but there are problems now. 

However, I think it would have been better to start introducing elections at the squadron level (with maybe allowing a veto by the Wing CC).  Once we get used to that, then start moving the electoral system upward. 

NEBoom

Quote from: RiverAux on August 16, 2009, 05:48:54 PM
HOLY MOLY!
Agenda item 3:  Region commanders elected by the Wing Commanders. 
Wing Commanders elected by the members of their Wing. 
Squadron/Group commanders still chosen by Wing CC. 

CAP-USAF and National LO non-concurs. 

This would be absolutely wonderful.  As I've said before, I've seen this system work fairly well in the CG Aux, another paramilitary style organization.  And it is the way almost every club or other private organization in the country works.  Sure, there will be problems, but there are problems now. 

However, I think it would have been better to start introducing elections at the squadron level (with maybe allowing a veto by the Wing CC).  Once we get used to that, then start moving the electoral system upward.

I was just thinking about commenting on this one.  I understand where they're going with the proposal, and the  >:D in me wouldn't mind seeing such a power shift.  But I'm not sure elections for more levels of leadership is the right answer.

Our higher-ups spend enough time politicking and electioneering as it is.  This would make it even worse, IMHO.  Besides, it's doubtful the board would ever go for this as it strips too much power away from most of them.
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

Hawk200

Seems like a lot of folks want General stars. That's a few too many for our organization.  A Major General in Command, a Brigadier for Vice, and Brigadiers for each region I can see; but they're asking a lot.

BTW, who's been typing up these things? I'm not sure if there's mispellings or if I'm just missing something. On that note, what is a "National Controller"? Misspelling or is that a job I'm not familiar with?