NDA for FOUO CAP Radio Freqs to be released

Started by CommGeek, January 20, 2010, 04:31:29 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: raivo on January 23, 2010, 04:19:45 AM
Geesh. Guy's trying to confirm that he's doing something IAW the regs (regs which were quoted in another post, no less) and all he's getting is a bunch of "Well *I* do it this way."

That's the point.

When you tell someone what the practical, hands on answer is and they disagree, then you quote applicable regs and they disagree, your'e pretty much done.

"That Others May Zoom"

raivo

Quote from: Eclipse on January 23, 2010, 04:35:23 AMThat's the point.

When you tell someone what the practical, hands on answer is and they disagree, then you quote applicable regs and they disagree, your'e pretty much done.

The applicable regs (or, at least, the ones I saw posted by Major Lord) don't say anything about NDAs. They say that permission has to be granted by CAP-DC. Now, it may be the policy of CAP-DC to require an NDA before that permission will be granted, but nobody has been able to authoritatively confirm that.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Major Lord

It may be that some people are confusing an MOU (Memo Of Understanding), with an NDA ( Non-Disclosure-Agreement) in regards to sharing our proprietary and closely held radio programming data. They are not the same thing.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

desertengineer1

Quote from: CommGeek on January 23, 2010, 03:41:19 AM
Holy Cow Batman....Get over it! ...whats the hang up?  The fact is CAP will not release freqs without a NDA.  Thats the way it is!  You should contact CAP-USAF Legal if you see a problem with it.....  But for now thats the way it is!  To date I have been involved with 5 of them, the receving party had no problems with the process!

No it's not. Yer just being a troll.  You don't have one shred of evidence, so you look more like a troll.  A stinky one at that.

Let's see...  I asked first for the proof.  Then as asked you to PM me the proof, or at least the names of those wing supreme court NDA authors.  Then I gave you the citations, AND the name of the folks who told me nothing of such was required.

Sorry, man, you're just being a dork at this point.  Post the commpermissions, Repeater Committee mandated NDA and we'll lift your respect seat up another millimeter.  Otherwise, your just posting like a retard.

All I see is a bunch of smack talk. 

desertengineer1

Quote from: Eclipse on January 23, 2010, 04:35:23 AM
Quote from: raivo on January 23, 2010, 04:19:45 AM
Geesh. Guy's trying to confirm that he's doing something IAW the regs (regs which were quoted in another post, no less) and all he's getting is a bunch of "Well *I* do it this way."

That's the point.

Huh?  You say "That thar is the way it's done"  I say, no, Marek and crew told me otherwise last year, and by the way THIS reg says nothing about your NDA.  What are you doing?

And you say...  "Cause it is, that's why.  You and your stupid regulations and laws.  Those are stupid."

Yeah, we know where this usually leads to.....

CommGeek

I'm currently on the field with work for the next week. When I get back in the office ill see if I can post one.

desertengineer1

Quote from: CommGeek on January 23, 2010, 11:08:09 AM
I'm currently on the field with work for the next week. When I get back in the office ill see if I can post one.

OK, I've calmed down a bit.  It was late, and my buttons had been pushed past tolerance...

I'll try to repeat the issue one last time.

If someone is requiring organizations outside of CAP to sign an agreement of ANY kind in return for frequency info, unless told otherwise by an updated message from CAP-DC and crew or Gen Courtier, this is not the procedure, and is (in my humble opinion) against CAP policy unless otherwise authorized.

IF there has been a change to the policy, a request for clarification by those with the NB transition ADCON at my level needs to be made.

IF, however, someone is making up their own rules regarding the policy set in place in 2008 (also clarified to me last year - NO NDA), it also needs to be addressed and corrected.  This is a contractual agreement between our organization and a private or government agency.  You can't be making those up on your own because there are legal boundries that we can and cannot cross, hence the need for those trained in legal matters to authorize them.  That's why the rules are so strict.  We've got into some major trouble in the last 20 years from people doing this.  It needs to be authorized at the appropriate levels or stopped.

Eclipse

Quote from: desertengineer1 on January 23, 2010, 06:35:09 PMIF there has been a change to the policy, a request for clarification by those with the NB transition ADCON at my level needs to be made.

Your "level"?

And for clarification, any Wing CC could certainly draft and sign a contract with a repeater host or other agency.

"That Others May Zoom"

desertengineer1

Quote from: Eclipse on January 23, 2010, 06:48:30 PM
Quote from: desertengineer1 on January 23, 2010, 06:35:09 PMIF there has been a change to the policy, a request for clarification by those with the NB transition ADCON at my level needs to be made.

Your "level"?

And for clarification, any Wing CC could certainly draft and sign a contract with a repeater host or other agency.

I'm on the wing DC staff.  Been working actively with CAP-DC with repeater installations .

Your Wing CC could very well do it.  But they also need to be communicating that up the Region and National chain.