Main Menu

ICS 300/400

Started by Stroke, October 16, 2008, 02:45:27 AM

KyCAP

Pete says... That since the quals will expire in e-services then they will not even transfer to the WMU and will not print out the card.

I have let him know that the field in the WMU is confusing people since it is blank.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on December 14, 2008, 10:01:14 PM
Pete says... That since the quals will expire in e-services then they will not even transfer to the WMU and will not print out the card.

We don't enter them in eServices, if you're not Aircrew you never go there, thus no expiration.

And that doesn't even address the fact that the ICS classes do not appear on the 101 card, and there are plenty of people
with active 101's that won't reprint for 1-2 years.

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

So in your wing you are not using e-services for entry of ALL SQTR data?   The NIMS courses ARE printed on the qualifications card from e-services.

And just because you have a "printed" card does not mean that it is valid.   You can be in posession of a state drivers license and have it revoked.  Doesn't mean that because you have one its valid?

I would suggest that you need to float this upstream in your wing, because it seems odd how you're using the WMU from my perspective.  What wing are you in?
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on December 14, 2008, 10:43:12 PM
So in your wing you are not using e-services for entry of ALL SQTR data?   The NIMS courses ARE printed on the qualifications card from e-services.

What would be the point of continuing to use the WMU if we were entering our tasking in eServices?

All tasks, qualification, and related approvals are done through WMU, including the printing of 101 cards.

Mission base online validation of qualifications is done with the WMU at mission base, not eServices, so since we are a WMU state, what eServices says, or doesn't say, is irrelevant, with the exception of what is now required to be entered for aircrews.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

WMU feeds off of Eservices. WMU is not a CAP-supported system, despite the number of users it has. CAP uses Eservices to track ES quals. The Eservices database can easily be made available to IC's in any wing, allowing them to verify ratings.

Since WMU feeds off Eservices, the information ahouls be entered in Eservices for ALL ES quals. WMU will pull them through daily. Also, members - incl. cadets - can enter their own information in Eservices, taking some of the work load off the ES or Admin officers.

KyCAP

Eclipse:

We're "new" to the WMU in our wing.  We've came back to it with "new eyes" and working with Pete Anderson quite closely. 

There are "niches" that the WMU still fills that e-services has not developed a solution for yet.  Like group paging based on ES qual, squadron,

That being said, I think that any wing using the WMU should be entering their data into e-services first and foremost.   The "qualification checks" that are being accomplished at SAREX events should be completed through the use of the IMU which derives it's data from e-services and not from the WMU.

Sounds like your Wing needs to check with Pete on how he intends this to be used in the future... (and now) it has changed.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

RiverAux

The ICS courses DO show up on your 101 card. 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on December 15, 2008, 12:37:30 AM
The ICS courses DO show up on your 101 card. 

Not 101 cards generated by the W...M...U.

There isn't even a mechanism in the W...M...U that ties ICS completion to any ES qualification.

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

Not if printed from WMU.  

Because WMU data assumes that if you don't have the ICS courses that you can't be qualified.  Kind of like the redundancy of printing Level I on your 101 card.   You shouldn't have a 101 card without Level I.  Can't be an AOBD without the ICS 300 (and other required tasks on the SQTR).
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

isuhawkeye

KyCAP

I am a full time Emergency planner for my state.  I became an instructor for ICS 300 and 400 when I was the full time education coordinator for a medium sized ambulance service in our region. 

I teach ICS courses through The Iowa Homeland Security Training center (Iowa Central Community College), and the state Fire Service Training bureau. 

I spent 10 years with the Civil Air Patrol, and I continue to be a very active volunteer.  As such I try to host classes that volunteers can attend. 

if anyone has specific questions for me please don't hesitate to e-mail me

john@HalbrookAssociates.com

KyCAP

Quote from: isuhawkeye on December 15, 2008, 12:59:39 AM
KyCAP

I am a full time Emergency planner for my state.  I became an instructor for ICS 300 and 400 when I was the full time education coordinator for a medium sized ambulance service in our region. 

I teach ICS courses through The Iowa Homeland Security Training center (Iowa Central Community College), and the state Fire Service Training bureau. 

I spent 10 years with the Civil Air Patrol, and I continue to be a very active volunteer.  As such I try to host classes that volunteers can attend. 

if anyone has specific questions for me please don't hesitate to e-mail me

john@HalbrookAssociates.com

Wish you lived in KY..    ::)
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Short Field

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2008, 10:03:47 PM
We don't enter them in eServices, if you're not Aircrew you never go there, thus no expiration.

Old dogs....new tricks.  Ops Quals in eServices has been the surest and easiest way to enter SQTR data for at least a year. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

isuhawkeye

KyCAP as you know we are teaching a weekend class Jan 10th, and 11th.  If you can get out here base housing is available at a very reasonable price. 

Or

If you cover expenses I could come out on a holiday weekend and conduct a class. 

Neither may be an option, but I thought I would offer.

Stonewall

Looks like there may still be some space available for ICS 300 at Venice, FL January 17-18.  I'm signed up.

Gentlemen, if you got this email then I have received your inquiry. I am forwarding this to Lt Little for his inclusion in the course. If you are aware of others who may wish to attend or you will not be able to attend, please advise. We will keep you informed of the details as they become available.

John Frye, Maj CAP
Project Officer
major@agingwarrior.com
Serving since 1987.

Tubacap

Just registered for ICS 400 in Horseheads NY on January 6-7.  Anyone going to be there?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

PORed

Ugh, I had to take ICS 100, 200, 400, 700, and I am taking 800 this weekend online. Thank goodness they doesn't expire

I've  just taken my 300.  Got the 400 next month, then done with the required courses.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

PaulR

I will not have to retake any of these when I join up, will I? 

Tubacap

Not as long as you have the certs.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Stonewall

Looks like I won't be going now, they changed the dates and I have ANG drill that weekend.

Here's the new info if you can make it:

Gentlemen

The ICS 300 scheduled at Venice on 17-18 Jan.2009, has been changed. 

It will currently be held at EOC Sarasota, FL 1660 Ringling Blvd. Sarasota. on Jan.10-11, 2009 times of 0900-1700 each day. 

Please respond if you will be attending. 

Also, make sure you have complete all the required IS 100, 200, 700 and 800 training before applying.  Also respond with your highest level of accomplishment on your 101.

Robert G. Little 1Lt.
E-Mail: robertg.little@yahoo.com
E-Mail  rlittle@flwg.us
Serving since 1987.