Main Menu

ICS 300/400

Started by Stroke, October 16, 2008, 02:45:27 AM

Stroke

I am beginning to hear a lot more about ICS 300/400/100/200, but am having trouble finding a regulation/instruction/policy letter covering where this "requirement" is coming from an who it applies to.  I have 3 questions:
1.  Who does this apply to most?
2.  Where is it written that we must c/w this training?
3.  How can we get into the necessary classes? 
Thanks for all your help!
Humble - Credible - Approachable

JoeTomasone

Eclipse

100/200/700/800 are online open-book test situations from FEMA's website.

300/400 are in-person classes, generally 2-3 days, and mostly provided by local ES agencies like PD/FD and SAR councils.
They aren't hard to find, and are usually free to the participants, however the challenge for CAP people is that they are almost always offered during normal business hours on weekdays.

Some limited opportunities may be available on weekends if your area has volunteer or POC personnel, as both generally
have the same "real job" problems as CAP members.  I was lucky enough to be able to connect a number of my people with just such a situation.  If you find a weekend class, grab it, because they are rare.

In a perfect world, your Wing/Group/Unit ES Officer should have the connections for access to these classes.

As a quick rule of thumb:

100/200/700 - required for all members involved in ES

300/800 - Branch Directors or higher

400 - recommended for Section chiefs and Higher, required for MSO & LO

A table in the .pdf above has more detail.

And yes, unless a change or extension is made, any rating you have which requires the indicated ICS course, turns into a pumpkin on 01/01/01 0000, if you haven't taken the course and substantiated it with your Wing.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

http://mdcap.org/UserFiles/File/ESdocs/NIMS_Training_Memo_-_Final_April_2008.pdf

Here you go.

Contact your local city/state Emergency Services people about when they are having the training.  Most state level ES organisations hold the training 4-5 times a year.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

isuhawkeye

I am hosting ICS 300 classes in Central Iowa on

November 22nd, 23rd

and

Jan 10th, 11th

Come on out if you like.  There is no charge for the class

JoeTomasone

Iowa's a bit far from me, durnit!

I did my ICS-800 online last night.  It was quick, easy, and lo-cal!

Now to find an ICS-300 as it and 800 are required for CUL.

Larry Mangum

A new CAPR 60-3 is being prepped for release by NHQ that covers this.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

KyCAP

The Center for Domestic Preparedness (funded by DHS) is teaching these courses all over the place FOR FREE on WEEKENDS.

https://cdp.dhs.gov/

I just finished ICS 300.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on October 17, 2008, 02:55:37 AM
The Center for Domestic Preparedness (funded by DHS) is teaching these courses all over the place FOR FREE on WEEKENDS.

https://cdp.dhs.gov/

I just finished ICS 300.

All the courses I see on their calendar are weekday courses with a Sunday travel day.

How do you tell where the class is?

"That Others May Zoom"

isuhawkeye

Here's another resource to find ICS classes around Iowa. 
http://www.iowarespondertraining.com/
Eclipse: they have a number of 300 and 400 classes that might work for you.  After all davenport is only a 3 hour drive (much shorter flight) from chicago

Eclipse

We've got plenty of opportunities in IL, the issue is getting people to go, however if there are weekend classes still running in 2008, I'd like to let people know - I didn't see any on the site above.

"That Others May Zoom"

ctrossen

I'm running an ICS-300 & -400 on Nov 22-23 at Volk Field, WI (West Central Wisconsin). Cost is $35 preregistered ($40 at the door), which includes meals (billeting is free).

The course is open to anyone who needs it. Eclipse--for your folks in the northern part of the state, it's not that far away.

Anyone interested can PM me with their e-mail address for details.
Chris Trossen, Lt Col, CAP
Agency Liaison
Wisconsin Wing

RiverAux

How in the world are you doing both of them in 2 days?

Eclipse

Quote from: ctrossen on October 17, 2008, 05:07:52 PM
I'm running an ICS-300 & -400 on Nov 22-23 at Volk Field, WI (West Central Wisconsin). Cost is $35 preregistered ($40 at the door), which includes meals (billeting is free).

The course is open to anyone who needs it. Eclipse--for your folks in the northern part of the state, it's not that far away.

Anyone interested can PM me with their e-mail address for details.

Yes, I'm interested as well, mine was 3 days for 300 alone.

Also, who else is being invited outside CAP?  Taking the class in an agency agnostic environment is really the way to do it.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Maybe he meant they are both being offered at the same time and place, but in different classrooms?

ctrossen

Quote from: RiverAux on October 17, 2008, 05:58:31 PM
Maybe he meant they are both being offered at the same time and place, but in different classrooms?

Indeed. Two different courses, same weekend, same place.

We have had non-CAP participation in the past, but mostly we're talking volunteer folks like us.
Chris Trossen, Lt Col, CAP
Agency Liaison
Wisconsin Wing

Stonewall

Quote from: JoeTomasone on October 16, 2008, 05:16:18 PMNow to find an ICS-300 as it and 800 are required for CUL.

I'll be at the ICS-300 in Venice on 17-18 Jan.

You may want to see if slots are available.  I know it's not too far from you.
Serving since 1987.

PaulR

For you all taking the 300/400 classes, bring lots of coffee!  You will need it!!  The bad part is that there IS a test at the end!

isuhawkeye

Not necessarily.  Iowa does not require the test

PaulR

Then you really lucked out.  An hour into it(on the first day) all I could hear was an imitation of Charlie Brown's teacher!  LOL 

isuhawkeye

then you had a bad class.  the course reviews I have received after teaching confirms that 300 is the best, most dynamic, and most engaging of the ICS series. 

We conduct the class with full exercises, and reviews for every section.  The "driest" section is usually planning, and the Planning P.  Unfortunately many responders do not have enough experience with real mission planning to teach this section affectively. 

Sorry you had a bad experience

heliodoc

I don't if it's got anything to do with luck....

Can not quite get it out verbatim from DHS.... But

It all depends on the instructor and how he/she wants to present it..

If there is alot of scenarios injected into the course and the instructor sees things moving along and people understanding the basis of the material, then a test maybe an option.. That's how my I 300/400 was meted out.....

Do not know how isuhawkeye does his, but I think I am fairly close in my writing here

arajca

having been through the FEMA ICS TTT course, the test is not optional. Typically, the class uses one scenario and progresses through it. If you don't like government forms, you will not have fun...

Short Field

CAP needs to get a lot of people ICS 300 credit by the end of the month...
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

isuhawkeye

arajca I am an instructor.  I teach ICS 300/400.  I dont make this stuff up

Dustoff

Hi John et all,

It might depend upon whose auspices you are teaching under.

I'm an instructor under the guidance/direction of the Center for Domestic Preparedness under FEMA.  When I teach a course under their sponsorship the test in MANDATORY!

Of course, it is an open book/open note/open neighbor adult collaborative leaning assessment tool.   ;D

And just FYI, 100/200/700/800 are now going to be required for all CAP-USAF folks (at least on the reserve side of the house in NCLR)

TSgt Jim Laning
RANCO NCLR
ICS Instructor
etc...

Jim

RiverAux

Quote from: Dustoff on December 14, 2008, 05:29:19 AM

Of course, it is an open book/open note/open neighbor adult collaborative leaning assessment tool.   ;D
Not sure if you're joking, but the 300/400 I took that was taught be state instructors did not have open book tests. 

KyCAP

isuhawkeye -

Curious about your trainer status ...  supposing you work for some other agency that sponsored your training.   I called the CDP region contact and he point blank told me that paid responders and Red Cross are eligible, but DHS does not RECOGNIZE Civil Air Patrol as being eligible for any resident training at Anniston, AL at the CDP.   It's VERY hard here in KY to get trainers to hold the 300/400 courses on the weekends because they are PAID folks working during the week.

Our Wing ES officer is working on the requirements to be a 300/400 trainer, but CAP nationwide is hurting on this point if you see the national reports that I see.   It doesn't help that we have a requirement imposed upon us that is only supporting the development of trainers for OTHER organizations than our own that don't often train on weekends.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

arajca

KyCAP,
   try applying for FEMA's E449 ICS TTT course at EMI at Emmitsburg. All the EMI courses are available to CAP members. The cost is affordable ($0.00 for the class, $0.00 for billeting, $~100 meals for week, airfare reimbursed) AND they consider CAP as a STATE agency, so you don't need to go through the federal agency hoops.

In CO, they have some "special" requirements for "recognized" ICS instructors - basically you have to be part of either a fire or law enforcement system.

KyCAP

I hear what you are saying, but this was told to me that this was DHS policy and therefore Civil Air Patrol should NOT be eligible at the FEMA course either(both programs being ran by DHS with similar benefits) .  Only because no one from NHQ has been negotiating with DHS (in my opinion) because Red Cross is eligible...???   Unless your state law says that you are part of your state's org chart some how (like in KY) then saying CAP is a state agency is "sketchy".

That being said, we will explore the FEMA ECI courses.....  Thanks for the intel.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

heliodoc

May say CAP is a State agency when you are taking online tests and Some States have CAP at the EOC table as representatives during tabletops, etc and during disaster operations.  But we are taking our direction from the EM or EOC director

CAP can attend EMI courses, but again CAP is tasked for support and not necessarily response.  These types of classes can assist CAP in being a better, rounded, educated in the emergency management arena.

But again with CAP's charter and with its risk averse mentality, we are better suited for search, disaster assessment and such like that

I 300 and I 400 are not going to guarantee CAP a reponse mechanism or capability.  It merely helps us to recognize who we are going to work for and then MAYBE a CAP IC will be tasked with an assignment the paid responders assign us.  Many EM agencies already recognize us for our search capabilty, but surely the paid response agencies are not going to give us a major disaster to run based on our VOLUNTEER status, unless there is no one available and that may be a stretch.  Just go the classes if you can make the one during the week.  If you have to give up another CAP activity for I 300 and I 400, DO IT!!

Because only going to CAP activities and criticizing the classes as yawns and boring shows that CAP can not take anyone elses point of view and that We are everywhere and everything to disaster response

DHS MAY not recognize us once again due to our volunteer status, possibly weak and lack of updated MOU's at the National level.  Also if we have to be reminded to "finish " our online I courses by the Natl Commander and showing resistance like the responders did in the early years, "as another hoop by Guv" then how can we be taken seriously??

Again if you have to "give up" a week for I 300 / 400 in lieu of another CAP activity that may be "more exciting" then that is your choice.  Alot of this upper mgmt ICS stuff is not for everyone, but I will tell you from wildland fire point of view, it sure can open ones eyes, and sometimes it sure is NOT exciting nor "action packed" enough for some CAP Rangers

Fllame me if you want, but some facts are hard for CAP to accept at times.....especially givin up time for one activity or another......................it depends on your priorities and depends on how serious CAP is to the process of its "Emergency Services" thrust other than what is has done so far.  It is all about education and seeing how the real world exists >:D >:D >:D

KyCAP

Heliodoc,

Just to make sure that we're on the same page.   Personally, I am committed that CAP SHOULD take the courses.  I have had ICS-300 from DHS Center for Domestic Preparedness on a WEEKEND taught locally.   However, many of us volunteers who can't spare one of the two weeks of vacation that we might have for ICS-300 / ICS-400 training (just like Volunteer Firemen who are in the same boat here in KY) there is no availbility to getting the courses on a weekend.  Further,  NHQ has provided little "guidance" or 'boosted' the morale to get people motivated about this.    When members see the decrease in their USAF training budget because on 1/1/09 your OPS quals for Mission Pilots and observers expired because of a 30 minute online course and the wing training budget is 90% less.. well.. then they might care...

Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

heliodoc

Ky CAP

I am pretty sure we are on the same page....

Not addressing to you.  This is my second time in CAP after 25 yrs and some things have NOT changed in CAP and especially the NHQ and its support for the operating units.

IT'S EASY to issue ICL and REGs but real implementation is another and yes when the budget cuts come and CAP gets its portion reduced.... it should not come as a shock....

KyCAP

Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

arajca

Quote from: KyCAP on December 14, 2008, 03:51:48 PM
I hear what you are saying, but this was told to me that this was DHS policy and therefore Civil Air Patrol should NOT be eligible at the FEMA course either(both programs being ran by DHS with similar benefits) .  Only because no one from NHQ has been negotiating with DHS (in my opinion) because Red Cross is eligible...???   Unless your state law says that you are part of your state's org chart some how (like in KY) then saying CAP is a state agency is "sketchy".

That being said, we will explore the FEMA ECI courses.....  Thanks for the intel.
I got the information straight from EMI. Send the Admissions (NETC-admissions@dhs.gov) dept an email for clarification and their current policy.

Eclipse

1) What about WMU states?

2) What if you don't print a new 101 card?  Mine's current until about 2010.

Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 4:49 PM
Subject: NIMS Compliance by 31 Dec 08

Region and Wing Commanders,

We're coming up on the 31 Dec 08 deadline for completion of NIMS training and from the reports we've seen it looks like most wings will have enough fully trained people to execute their assigned missions after the compliance date. I've included the information (see email below) on how to obtain Operations Qualifications reports that will tell you exactly how well your region/wing is doing.  It appears that one course, IS-700, is still needed by a lot of our members so we ask you to encourage those people who need it to complete it and the other online courses they need by the end of Dec so they will remain qualified in their mission specialties.

Members who don't complete the required training by 31 Dec (see attached NIMS training letter) will become non-qualified in those missions specialties until they complete the training.  Their CAPF 101 card will have a double asterisk after those mission specialties and a note that says "NIMS Training Incomplete."  Once they complete the required NIMS training and get it validated by their unit, they will regain their qualification for their mission specialties.  Please let us know if you have any questions.  Thank
you.   

Sincerely,

John A. Salvador Director of Missions, HQ CAP

Sent:   Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:41 PM
To:     National Board
Subject:        New Reports Help Units Track NIMS Training Completion

Region and Wing Commanders,

The NHQ IT department has created two excellent reports to help units track NIMS training completion.  These reports are available using the reports
feature in eServices under "Operations Qualifications".   The first report
is called "NIMS Statistics".  It gives the percentage of training completed for the unit (includes raw numbers too) by NIMS course and ES mission
specialty.   The second report is called "Missing NIMS Training".  This
report lists the NIMS training that has been completed and the training that still needs to be completed by each individual ES qualified CAP member in the unit.  Please let us know if you have any questions. 

The NHQ staff hopes you and your families have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Sincerely,

John A. Salvador
Director of Missions, HQ CAP

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

Eclipse,

I had seen the two messages you posted that one from yesterday, but I don't understand your bullet points #1 and #2?   

The 101 Card would not have the NIMS requirement on it and we now know it's required and the WMU/IMU gets it's data about OPS quals FROM e-services?  So there is really no way around those people dropping off without the course being documented?
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on December 14, 2008, 05:31:40 PM
Eclipse,

I had seen the two messages you posted that one from yesterday, but I don't understand your bullet points #1 and #2?   

The 101 Card would not have the NIMS requirement on it and we now know it's required and the WMU/IMU gets it's data about OPS quals FROM e-services?  So there is really no way around those people dropping off without the course being documented?

Best as I can tell the WMU is not exchanging info on ICS completion.

As a GBD I need 300,700& 800.  These are not indicated in any way on the SQTR, nor as pre-reqs anywhere.  My ICS completion was entered and is showing under training in eServices, but does not show anywhere in the WMU.

The only place I can find is the free-form field at the bottom of the ES Specialties page, which just about anyone can update.

Therefore the 101 cards, unless things change in two weeks including the holidays, will not change or show the double asterisk.

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

I've logged into WMU and I do see what you are talking about.   Let me see if I can get Pete to come over and comment on this.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

KyCAP

Pete says... That since the quals will expire in e-services then they will not even transfer to the WMU and will not print out the card.

I have let him know that the field in the WMU is confusing people since it is blank.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on December 14, 2008, 10:01:14 PM
Pete says... That since the quals will expire in e-services then they will not even transfer to the WMU and will not print out the card.

We don't enter them in eServices, if you're not Aircrew you never go there, thus no expiration.

And that doesn't even address the fact that the ICS classes do not appear on the 101 card, and there are plenty of people
with active 101's that won't reprint for 1-2 years.

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

So in your wing you are not using e-services for entry of ALL SQTR data?   The NIMS courses ARE printed on the qualifications card from e-services.

And just because you have a "printed" card does not mean that it is valid.   You can be in posession of a state drivers license and have it revoked.  Doesn't mean that because you have one its valid?

I would suggest that you need to float this upstream in your wing, because it seems odd how you're using the WMU from my perspective.  What wing are you in?
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on December 14, 2008, 10:43:12 PM
So in your wing you are not using e-services for entry of ALL SQTR data?   The NIMS courses ARE printed on the qualifications card from e-services.

What would be the point of continuing to use the WMU if we were entering our tasking in eServices?

All tasks, qualification, and related approvals are done through WMU, including the printing of 101 cards.

Mission base online validation of qualifications is done with the WMU at mission base, not eServices, so since we are a WMU state, what eServices says, or doesn't say, is irrelevant, with the exception of what is now required to be entered for aircrews.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

WMU feeds off of Eservices. WMU is not a CAP-supported system, despite the number of users it has. CAP uses Eservices to track ES quals. The Eservices database can easily be made available to IC's in any wing, allowing them to verify ratings.

Since WMU feeds off Eservices, the information ahouls be entered in Eservices for ALL ES quals. WMU will pull them through daily. Also, members - incl. cadets - can enter their own information in Eservices, taking some of the work load off the ES or Admin officers.

KyCAP

Eclipse:

We're "new" to the WMU in our wing.  We've came back to it with "new eyes" and working with Pete Anderson quite closely. 

There are "niches" that the WMU still fills that e-services has not developed a solution for yet.  Like group paging based on ES qual, squadron,

That being said, I think that any wing using the WMU should be entering their data into e-services first and foremost.   The "qualification checks" that are being accomplished at SAREX events should be completed through the use of the IMU which derives it's data from e-services and not from the WMU.

Sounds like your Wing needs to check with Pete on how he intends this to be used in the future... (and now) it has changed.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

RiverAux

The ICS courses DO show up on your 101 card. 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on December 15, 2008, 12:37:30 AM
The ICS courses DO show up on your 101 card. 

Not 101 cards generated by the W...M...U.

There isn't even a mechanism in the W...M...U that ties ICS completion to any ES qualification.

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

Not if printed from WMU.  

Because WMU data assumes that if you don't have the ICS courses that you can't be qualified.  Kind of like the redundancy of printing Level I on your 101 card.   You shouldn't have a 101 card without Level I.  Can't be an AOBD without the ICS 300 (and other required tasks on the SQTR).
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

isuhawkeye

KyCAP

I am a full time Emergency planner for my state.  I became an instructor for ICS 300 and 400 when I was the full time education coordinator for a medium sized ambulance service in our region. 

I teach ICS courses through The Iowa Homeland Security Training center (Iowa Central Community College), and the state Fire Service Training bureau. 

I spent 10 years with the Civil Air Patrol, and I continue to be a very active volunteer.  As such I try to host classes that volunteers can attend. 

if anyone has specific questions for me please don't hesitate to e-mail me

john@HalbrookAssociates.com

KyCAP

Quote from: isuhawkeye on December 15, 2008, 12:59:39 AM
KyCAP

I am a full time Emergency planner for my state.  I became an instructor for ICS 300 and 400 when I was the full time education coordinator for a medium sized ambulance service in our region. 

I teach ICS courses through The Iowa Homeland Security Training center (Iowa Central Community College), and the state Fire Service Training bureau. 

I spent 10 years with the Civil Air Patrol, and I continue to be a very active volunteer.  As such I try to host classes that volunteers can attend. 

if anyone has specific questions for me please don't hesitate to e-mail me

john@HalbrookAssociates.com

Wish you lived in KY..    ::)
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Short Field

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2008, 10:03:47 PM
We don't enter them in eServices, if you're not Aircrew you never go there, thus no expiration.

Old dogs....new tricks.  Ops Quals in eServices has been the surest and easiest way to enter SQTR data for at least a year. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

isuhawkeye

KyCAP as you know we are teaching a weekend class Jan 10th, and 11th.  If you can get out here base housing is available at a very reasonable price. 

Or

If you cover expenses I could come out on a holiday weekend and conduct a class. 

Neither may be an option, but I thought I would offer.

Stonewall

Looks like there may still be some space available for ICS 300 at Venice, FL January 17-18.  I'm signed up.

Gentlemen, if you got this email then I have received your inquiry. I am forwarding this to Lt Little for his inclusion in the course. If you are aware of others who may wish to attend or you will not be able to attend, please advise. We will keep you informed of the details as they become available.

John Frye, Maj CAP
Project Officer
major@agingwarrior.com
Serving since 1987.

Tubacap

Just registered for ICS 400 in Horseheads NY on January 6-7.  Anyone going to be there?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

PORed

Ugh, I had to take ICS 100, 200, 400, 700, and I am taking 800 this weekend online. Thank goodness they doesn't expire

I've  just taken my 300.  Got the 400 next month, then done with the required courses.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

PaulR

I will not have to retake any of these when I join up, will I? 

Tubacap

Not as long as you have the certs.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Stonewall

Looks like I won't be going now, they changed the dates and I have ANG drill that weekend.

Here's the new info if you can make it:

Gentlemen

The ICS 300 scheduled at Venice on 17-18 Jan.2009, has been changed. 

It will currently be held at EOC Sarasota, FL 1660 Ringling Blvd. Sarasota. on Jan.10-11, 2009 times of 0900-1700 each day. 

Please respond if you will be attending. 

Also, make sure you have complete all the required IS 100, 200, 700 and 800 training before applying.  Also respond with your highest level of accomplishment on your 101.

Robert G. Little 1Lt.
E-Mail: robertg.little@yahoo.com
E-Mail  rlittle@flwg.us
Serving since 1987.

SAR-EMT1

I have all the ICS courses I need and more....

However I would like to point out, that I am a SQ/CC in IL Wing and I use E-services exclusively. Can't even tell you when I last looked at the WMU. E-services is quick and efficient. (For me)
As far as ILWG not using E-services as Eclipse claims, I've never seen an documentation forbidding it.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

IceNine

Nope again. 

The only time you are to use e-services in IL is for pilot quals.  If you want to get qualled as ground or mission base I can personally guarantee that it won't happen using e-services.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

wyocop

Quote from: isuhawkeye on October 16, 2008, 12:43:01 PM
I am hosting ICS 300 classes in Central Iowa on

November 22nd, 23rd

and

Jan 10th, 11th

Come on out if you like.  There is no charge for the class

Is the 300/400 still being held. pleas send more info.
Capt. John Burkett wyocop at bresnan dot net
[Redacted]
Wy. Wing CV
JohnB
"The Truth Is Out There"

isuhawkeye

yes, the 300 class is still scheduled.

to register e-mail
djansen@flotilla4.org

BuckeyeDEJ

So if members don't have all the ICS courses done by 1 January, and finish them after that deadline, do their qualifications reactivate? Or do those members start all over again to requalify?

(I won't get ICS 300 until after 1 January, which is why I ask.)

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

RiverAux

No, you won't have to start from scratch. 

IceNine

The response from national is that the qual's simply show with 2 asterisks after them until the appropriate courses are complete.

It will simply be a suspension of qual's not a removal of qual.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

BuckeyeDEJ

That's what I figured, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.