Main Menu

Holidays and advice

Started by mikeylikey, December 18, 2007, 05:11:00 AM

mikeylikey

Well, Tomorrow morning is my last day before Christmas (holiday) Exodus from the University (and ROTC Cadet Land) begins.  I will be taking some time and traveling to see friends (and maybe relatives) as well as catching up on my tan.  I doubt I will be back here until sometime closer to after the new year (I hear some of you jumping up and down shouting "awesome")  So with that said I will leave everyone with some advice that I give to my cadets each weekend;

1.1 Don't drink and drive.  If you do go out drinking, designate a driver.

1.1A Make sure your designated driver gets all the free munchies and drinks (non-alcoholic) that he or she can consume

2.1 Watch the weather.  Drive safely, and be attentive to the other drivers who don't care as much as you do.

3.1 If you are in need of oats-sewing, practice safely (may not apply to everyone here)

4.1 Do not call me for bail money, unless you tell me where your debit card is.  I will not spend my money on you.  You pay yourself out, I will give you a ride home.

5.1 Don't get a DUI/ DWI!  It will follow you forever.  It may even impact your future career choices.

6.1 Always let someone know where you are going.

7.1 No matter the reason, no matter what he or she offers you, do not climb into the back of a strangers car.  I would hate to see another Amber Alert!

Thats about it.  I hope everyone here has a great Holiday (Christmas), and an even better New Year. 

SEE EVERYONE HERE in 2008!  WOO-HOO   :-*
What's up monkeys?

davedove

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 18, 2007, 05:11:00 AM
2.1 Watch the weather.  Drive safely, and be attentive to the other drivers who don't care as much as you do.

I also have a addition to this one.  "Watch out for the other guy, but always remember that to everyone else, you ARE the other guy."
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003