Still looking for the best way to make/keep eletronic records

Started by C. Miconi, July 24, 2012, 09:13:38 PM

C. Miconi

Its been awhile since I have been on here and the last time I was complaining about not having a file plan for Admin/Personnel..Must have done something right/wrong when I answered my SUI finding, as now I am admin/personnel to Wing and going to be giving a class in file plan design. 

Any way I diverse, I have been asked by Wing to make Personnel records electronic with a  year. They have to be access able from any computer, secure, and only to be able to be change by those that have a password...IT has suggested Google Drive, but they dont gurantee that one day you go to use the files and they still there.  IT has also justed FTP on main website and use filezilla to develop the files...I am ok with FTP, BUT filezilla is not easy to use for those Personnel Officers that are not up on tech stuff...Anything out there that is easy to use, to up load, and develop files that is tech easy?
2nd Lt Miconi
Personnel Officer SWR-AZ-050. Personnel Wing SWR-AZ-001 ADY
Admin Officer SWR-AZ-050, Admin Wing SWR-AZ-001 ADY
PDO Officer SWR-AZ-050

Eclipse

Quote from: C. Miconi on July 24, 2012, 09:13:38 PMIT has suggested Google Drive, but they dont gurantee that one day you go to use the files and they still there.

Then "IT" doesn't understand the question, or is more interested and maintaining local resources then solving the problem and moving on.

1 - Decide naming convention.

2 - Scan documents to .PDF

3 - Upload to a cloud service - GDrive & Dropbox are the leaders but there's plenty of others.
A free Google Apps For Education domain will provide you enterprise-class services with no "risk they won't be there".

4 - Profit!

Anyone running a local server for CAP these days is doing it because they want to, not because it is the best solution.

If you don't like Filezilla, try http://www.integralftp.com/

"That Others May Zoom"