EMI Training

Started by arajca, March 01, 2007, 10:22:51 PM

arajca

I applied for the "Management and Supervision of Training" course offered by FEMA/EMI in Nov. Well, I heard back today. I got accepted. This is the first step of their Master Trainer Program. I applied as wing comm training officer.

The course information is:
Quote from: EMI WebsiteThis course is designed to enable participants to develop, plan, manage, and evaluate a training program effectively. Key topics include conducting a performance and needs analysis, designing and developing courses and selecting training sites, arranging logistics, promoting teamwork during training, minimizing liability, and evaluating a training program.

This course is the initial activity in the Master Trainer Program. As such, it provides a surface look at the functions of needs assessment, course design, course development, course delivery, and course evaluation. It is appropriate for those training managers whose training responsibility is a collateral responsibility or who are new to the position.

Continuing Education Units of 2.4 are available for this course.

Selection Criteria:

This course is designed for those who have overall responsibility for developing, planning, managing, and evaluating training programs. FEMA regional training managers, State emergency management training officers, and other State-level organizational training managers are appropriate candidates for this course. Managers of local emergency management or emergency services training organizations will be accepted provided they demonstrate that the system they manage is of a complexity commensurate with that of the State emergency management organization which includes all of the functions identified above.

Personnel with training responsibilities from Non-profit organizations involved in emergency management functions may also apply.

Prerequisites:

Applicants must have the responsibility for developing, planning, managing, and evaluating a training program. For Federal, state or local government emergency management or emergency service organization.

EMI classes CAP as a state organization and is therefore eligible for their resident courses. Also, CAP members are eligible for the airfare reimbursement and free billeting. You still have to pay for your meals ($95) for the week.

They still have some openings for this course. You'd need to have your wing/cc sign the application. Basically, the wing/cc is signing an Equal opportunity/non-discrimination statement. They are NOT making any financial committment.

Capt Rivera

Just wondering what Sq./ Wing your from? What is your squadrons website? Please post at the conclusion of your training what your experiences were like.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

arajca

I'm from COWG. My unit does not have a current website (too many hats to do that as well).

SeattleSarge

I would also recommend the Advanced Public Information Officer course for Mission IOs and PAOs.

It was a four day course with a great instructional staff and a chance to work with a variety of public safety and emergency management folks.

As mentioned earlier, the only out of pocket expense was a meal ticket.  Airfare is reimbursed, transportation and lodging are provided on campus at EMI in Emmitsburg, Maryland.

Regards,

Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs/Mission Information Officer
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org