HOT PAD GROUND TEAM

Started by SAR-EMT1, February 01, 2007, 03:54:17 AM

SAR-EMT1

Question: Do any Wings or Squadrons have "Alert" or "Hot Pad" programs for Ground Teams / UDF ?  AE: A Team Ready to go at a moments notice, be it a team composed of member from the same unit, or a list of a half dozen or so folks from the same area that can respond to a meeting location to saddle up and go?
I ask this because recently a blip showed up on one of our pages at e-services (or the WMU, cant remember) asking that we specify the hours of the week we would be availible for taskings, and in what capacity: Aircrew, GT, Comms etc

If not, has such a plan ever existed or is one in the works?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

RiverAux

I have heard of various plans now and again to have "on-call" crews for airplanes and they've probably existed for ground teams.  But unless you're in a very high op-tempo area, it probably isn't all that necessary.  Even without this when I was a squadron commander I could almost always contact enough people for a ground or air team within half an hour of starting to make calls. 

arajca

Eservices has an area for availablility reporting. I think it is to help document how many CAP members with what quals are available at any given time.

Chris Jacobs

i know at times when we know that there is the possibility of us getting called up, or on the known busy weekends, people are asked to make their availabilities be know through the WMU.  I know that i have gotten commitments from people before saying stuff like, if this turns into a larger operation are you ready to go.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

davedove

Maryland Wing is trying to do something like that, including both aircrew, ground team, and some mission staff.  The plan is that these people would be ready to go within two hours (I believe) to respond to disasters, terrorist attacks, etc.  It can be composed of people from any squadron, so long as they can respond promptly.  Since I'm not involved with it, I don't know their progress yet.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

sarmed1

My last squadron had our GT personnel broken into 3 alert teams.  Each team rotated onto primary alert status for 2 weeks.  More of a  dont make any big plans for the week you are on, rather than just sit at home on call and dont do anything type of thing.  That way you had at least an idea of who to call first, and you knew relatively who was available for rapid deployment...
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Nathan

We have a team like that in our squadron, our "hard target" search team.

The team is on call at virtually all hours of the day, and if a member is going to be unavailable, they call out and check in when they are available again. The member is supposed to have gear and a uniform ready to go within a few minutes of getting the call.

Generally, the team doesn't handle ELTs, which is left for the general ground team. Instead, the hard target team is called out for disaster relief and other such emergencies in the country.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Becks

Yes, our squadron has a 24/7 ready to go UDF team and Aircrew.

BBATW

Chris Jacobs

Quote from: Becks on February 04, 2007, 10:42:14 PM
Yes, our squadron has a 24/7 ready to go UDF team and Aircrew.

Do the personnel rotate, or do you have like 3 different teams/crews that rotate.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Nathan on February 02, 2007, 04:36:41 PM
We have a team like that in our squadron, our "hard target" search team.

The team is on call at virtually all hours of the day, and if a member is going to be unavailable, they call out and check in when they are available again. The member is supposed to have gear and a uniform ready to go within a few minutes of getting the call.

Generally, the team doesn't handle ELTs, which is left for the general ground team. Instead, the hard target team is called out for disaster relief and other such emergencies in the country.

A team ready to deploy for non ELT searches, but rather "disaster relief" etc..   This is a CAP Ground Team right... not some FEMA WSAR group.
I just find it interesting that a GT wont do ELT searches. As for 'disaster relief' I can see the need, but on the flip side. CAP doesn't offer much training in that category.

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Johnny Yuma

My former unit (I'm at Wing now) usually has enough folks at the unit CC's house either eating or just hanging out that when a call comes in we can usually have a team together in 20 minutes and enroute in 40.

We've been out the door in 15 only because it was "Taco night". If they ever call on "Seafood night" we're going to finish our boiled crablegs and shrimp first, just an FYI.

Johnny Y.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

IronRangerMN

If there are rumors or anything about even possiblilty of being deployed, we are alerted asap. We can be ready within an hour no problem if we could all get to our building at the same time. It takes so long because we have to be ready to stay on site indefinatly, not counting food.
Be safe