WTB: 1st Lt and Capt ultramarine grade

Started by GZCP31, March 08, 2018, 01:11:41 PM

GZCP31

I am trying to get my BDUs back to regs for Encampment use. They are per the 1995 39-1 so they have the CAP cutout on one collar. I need to update multiple uniforms.

Greg
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

jeders

If your uniforms are that far out of date, I would recommend going with all new dark blue insignia rather than trying to find used ultramarine insignia. That, or get a set of ABUs with dark blue insignia.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

kwe1009

Quote from: jeders on March 08, 2018, 02:44:57 PM
If your uniforms are that far out of date, I would recommend going with all new dark blue insignia rather than trying to find used ultramarine insignia. That, or get a set of ABUs with dark blue insignia.

Agreed.  The dark blue looks better on the ABU, BDU, and BBDU. 

GZCP31

I agree it looks better in the Dark Blue. I am just trying to save time and money.
The only thing that needs updating is removing the one CAP Cutout and adding the grade to the one collar. I did not want to have to replace everything on multiple uniforms. I rejoined after being out for 17 years and the uniforms still fit.

All I need is 1LT Grade and might have to update the grade to Capt prior to the encampment. I am having to get my daughter fully set up with multiple ABUs already.
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

Toad1168

Quote from: GZCP31 on March 08, 2018, 03:48:30 PM
I agree it looks better in the Dark Blue. I am just trying to save time and money.
The only thing that needs updating is removing the one CAP Cutout and adding the grade to the one collar. I did not want to have to replace everything on multiple uniforms. I rejoined after being out for 17 years and the uniforms still fit.

All I need is 1LT Grade and might have to update the grade to Capt prior to the encampment. I am having to get my daughter fully set up with multiple ABUs already.

I would recommend switching to the navy blue insignia, especially if you may be promoted prior to the encampment.  You cannot mix the ultramarine and navy insignia.
Toad

jeders

Fair enough. If I can find my old ones (no guarantee) they're yours.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

GZCP31

Thank you. PM me if you find them and I will give you my contact info

Holding Pattern

I'll look in my closet, I think I bought a stack before the changeover announcement and never sewed them on.

Mitchell 1969

The only thing that needs updating is removing the one CAP Cutout and adding the grade to the one collar. I did not want to have to replace everything on multiple uniforms.

Bad idea. The old insignia have no doubt faded. Adding a new one means they will not match.

Better to put the two new ones on one set and put two old ones on another set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

GZCP31

If they are faded. I will do that, Thanks. I still have all of the other insignia that I do not want to change just for an encampment.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: GZCP31 on March 09, 2018, 04:20:10 AM
If they are faded. I will do that, Thanks. I still have all of the other insignia that I do not want to change just for an encampment.

I'll hunt around. I may have some ultramarine captain insignia. I may not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

GZCP31

Thank you. I do not have any firm findings yet.