Main Menu

CAP tattoos

Started by Cool Mace, April 25, 2012, 07:07:12 PM

Cool Mace

I was talking with a fellow member the other day about tattoos. And he mentioned he saw a picture of a CAP tattoo.
So that got me wondering if anyone here has a CAP tattoo?

A few of my AD buddies said that would be a "boy scout" tattoo, and dumb. But to me the point of a tattoo is something that means something to the person getting it.

So, anyone out there have any?
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

jimmydeanno

The year I was a student at RSC, there was a guy from CTWG that had a giant CAP Command Patch tattooed on his forearm.  Would I do it?  No, especially with all the uniform changes, that tat would be outdated in months!   >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

manfredvonrichthofen

I am heavily considering getting a tattoo of the triangle thingy... :o   I couldn't even keep a straight face while typing that hahaha!!!

I really am considering a CAP tattoo or two. I have plenty of Army tattoos, and they mean a lot to me, and a CAP tattoo would too

Pylon

I've personally seen two CAP tattoos: one eagle + tri-prop device, and one set of CAP command pilot wings.  I don't see anything weird about it, especially for people who have spent a long time in CAP and feel strong ties to it.  Many people serve 4 years in one of the Armed Forces and get a related tattoo, so if you're the tattoo-getting-type why would it be weird for CAP members who often spend 5, 10, or 20+ years in CAP?   I'd consider it.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

johnnyb47

I want a COMMS patch tattooed on my left side about the ribs.
That way when my ground wire fails and I get fried to the point that my BDU's burn off my body no one will be surprised.
"Oh my what happ..... oh... comms guy... big shock"
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on April 25, 2012, 08:10:46 PM
I've personally seen two CAP tattoos: one eagle + tri-prop device, and one set of CAP command pilot wings.  I don't see anything weird about it, especially for people who have spent a long time in CAP and feel strong ties to it.  Many people serve 4 years in one of the Armed Forces and get a related tattoo, so if you're the tattoo-getting-type why would it be weird for CAP members who often spend 5, 10, or 20+ years in CAP?   I'd consider it.

+1 - people get tattoos for cars they drive, bikes they ride, and favorite cartoons, so as above, spend 20-60 hours a week on
something you feel passionate about and if you're the ink-inclined, then CAP ink doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

The almighty Tedda apparently has one.

"That Others May Zoom"

Cool Mace

Excellent! Now for the main reason I ask. It's something I've been considering getting. I've always wanted one, but want something that has a meaning behind it. 10 years now and going strong, I think I will.

Now I just have to figure out the best one. I have an idea for the Hap Arnold with the blue CAP emblem above it and putting the Eaker ribbon (my highest cadet rank) either above or below it.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.

Eeyore

I foresee a C&D letter from national for not purchasing the tattoo through Vanguard.  ;D

Cool Mace

Quote from: edmo1 on April 25, 2012, 09:43:14 PM
I foresee a C&D letter from national for not purchasing the tattoo through Vanguard.  ;D

Why did I not see this coming?!  ;)
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.

MSG Mac

The Viet Cong have put enough scars on my body. I don't need to pay for one.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Майор Хаткевич

Tattoos are becoming less "taboo" these days.

As a cadet I was in the group that wanted something tattooed. It took me about seven years to arrive at a design that I KNEW I wouldn't regret at any future date. I ended up getting the Coat of Arms of my hometown in Europe, the name of the town in my native language, and the artist added a very nice wrap around the simple shield design of the coat of arms. 

Mom yelled at me. Grandmother, when she moved here understood. It may not be a homeland I'm proud of, but it is part of my life and my history.

As for CAP tattoo's, I considered the wing patch before they were removed from the uniforms. I briefly considered a unit patch tattoo. In the long run both seemed silly to an extent, but certainly nothing that bad.

With a 4 year hiatus from active CAP participation for college, I still don't think it will be something "strange" but I'll really need to consider a design that will make sense for >ME<.

Only time will tell.

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on April 25, 2012, 11:19:01 PMI ended up getting the Coat of Arms of my hometown in Europe, 

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

That's real funny sir.

But it was actually this:

(I'm kidding!)

The actual thing turned out like this:

NIN

Quote from: Pylon on April 25, 2012, 08:10:46 PM

You've seen three, doof.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Yowsa!  Pretty big!

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on April 26, 2012, 12:05:30 AM
Yowsa!  Pretty big!

If that's a comment on my post, then not that big. It's a wee bit bigger than the picture loaded on my 10.1" screen, but for reference, just a bit bigger length-wise than the PWK patch.

AngelWings

Quote from: Cool Mace on April 25, 2012, 07:07:12 PM
A few of my AD buddies said that would be a "boy scout" tattoo, and dumb. But to me the point of a tattoo is something that means something to the person getting it.
Well, that's their problem. I've heard people say military tattoo's are for tools, and he was in the military. Everyone will have their opinion.

I, personally, would NEVER get a CAP tattoo. I wouldn't mind a military tattoo, but a CAP tattoo would look awful IMHO. We don't have the BA type of job. I mean, c'mon, you'd look stupid with a CAP plane tattoo'd on you, the triangle thingy would make anyone look like a tool. Someone would have to show me a good looking CAP tattoo.

Майор Хаткевич

For those text inclinded, "Semper Vigilans"?

NIN

Quote from: Littleguy on April 26, 2012, 01:20:41 AM
Someone would have to show me a good looking CAP tattoo.

You ain't seen mine.. LOL
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pylon

Quote from: Littleguy on April 26, 2012, 01:20:41 AM
Quote from: Cool Mace on April 25, 2012, 07:07:12 PM
Well, that's their problem. I've heard people say military tattoo's are for tools, and he was in the military. Everyone will have their opinion.

YMMV. Somebody somewhere always thinks that what you do is lame or "boy scout" or would think you getting a tattoo for that is silly.  Recon guys have looked down on grunts, grunts look down on pogues, active duty guys would chide a reservist for being too "moto" for getting a tattoo, and I'm sure even a reservist or two has looked down on the Guard guys as being ridiculous for getting a tattoo.  If you're the tattoo type, you should get what's important and has meaning to you -- not what other people think you should have or get.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP