Main Menu

CAP tattoos

Started by Cool Mace, April 25, 2012, 07:07:12 PM

manfredvonrichthofen

I was given some flak about my left leg tattoos, but I reall don't care.

I have the Screaming Eagles 101st ABN patch on the inside of my shin, the 506PIR crest on the outside, and in a tribalish spade with my CIB and AASLT wings inside it. I love them like crazy, and they are pretty big. People in the Army have told me, you won't be in the same unit forever. No, it was likely that I wouldn't, but it was likely I would never be as proud of another unit.

The CAP patch I am thinking of, and I know I am going to catch flak for it here (not now that I said it), but I am thinking of the dog patch. I like it and ES is my big motivator in CAP.

RogueLeader

I've been toying with the idea of getting my GTL badge and Observer Wings tattooed on upper left chest, and my Army unit on left arm, the 20th ENG BDE with Airborne Tab.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SPD6696

If it's something important to you, go for it.  Don't let some jackwagon make you feel like a lesser person just because it's a CAP design you want.   Personally, I think it would mean more, and be more honorable than some others I've seen, such as a Harley tat, or a sports team tat (a sports team that the person wasn't on, but, is just a fan of....).

I have tats from the 3 service branches I was in, including one of my combat patch.  I have a tat of my friend's badge, who was murdered in the line of duty.  Tats can be very personal and honorific, or, they can be completely stupid. 

Just don't get a tramp stamp...
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."

SarDragon

Quote from: NIN on April 26, 2012, 02:00:31 AM
Quote from: Littleguy on April 26, 2012, 01:20:41 AM
Someone would have to show me a good looking CAP tattoo.

You ain't seen mine.. LOL

I've seen pix. It's one BA tat!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Quote from: SarDragon on April 26, 2012, 04:38:06 AM
Quote from: NIN on April 26, 2012, 02:00:31 AM
Quote from: Littleguy on April 26, 2012, 01:20:41 AM
Someone would have to show me a good looking CAP tattoo.

You ain't seen mine.. LOL

I've seen pix. It's one BA tat!
Let's see it  ;)

Private Investigator

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 25, 2012, 11:00:55 PM
The Viet Cong have put enough scars on my body. I don't need to pay for one.

SAT CONG   8)

Private Investigator

Quote from: SPD6696 on April 26, 2012, 04:28:07 AM
Just don't get a tramp stamp...

You are talking about guys getting a tramp stamp? Because some ladies can really rock a "tramp stamp"   8)

Most of mine are military related. The one that really stands out is "BEIRUT 10-23-83".

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cool Mace

Thanks for the input guys!

You're all right. If it means something, then that's all I need. Not sure why I care what a couple of my friends think about it.

I was going to post a picture of what I want, but I guess I don't have a high enough post count to do it. Time to start spamming the world of CAPTalk!
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Pylon

Quote from: Cool Mace on April 26, 2012, 03:25:22 PM
I was going to post a picture of what I want, but I guess I don't have a high enough post count to do it. Time to start spamming the world of CAPTalk!

Fixed that for you.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cool Mace

Quote from: Pylon on April 26, 2012, 03:34:50 PM
Quote from: Cool Mace on April 26, 2012, 03:25:22 PM

Fixed that for you.

Thank you, Mr. Pylon!

I want to put the Eaker ribbon above or below since it was my highest cadet rank.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SamFranklin

"Tattooing has traditionally been a marginal activity among civilized people, the calling card of cannibals, sailors, and whores. The appropriate place for it is on the margins, in the back alleys, the skid rows. The mainstreaming of tattoos (on main street) is a harbinger of social dysfunction."

-- James Howard Kunstler

fwiw, ymmv

NIN

Quote from: SamFranklin on April 26, 2012, 05:13:05 PM
"Tattooing has traditionally been a marginal activity among civilized people, the calling card of cannibals, sailors, and whores. The appropriate place for it is on the margins, in the back alleys, the skid rows. The mainstreaming of tattoos (on main street) is a harbinger of social dysfunction."

Kunstler is a bit of a crackpot, dontchathink? The guy who in the interest of furthering his position on transportation claimed that the nation's third largest port (NY) had "next-to-zero" operating docks. (yeah, I suppose the 150 Million tons of cargo shipped thru there in 2008, when he said this, got from ship to shore via magic?)

So I'll buy a couple more boxes of ammo every time I see a new tattoo parlor crop up, since, you know, that certainly represents the end of civilization as we know it and I wanna be prepared.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

johnnyb47

QuoteWriting this in April of '99, I believe that we are in for a serious event. Systems will fail, crash, seize up, cease to function. Not all systems, maybe only a fraction, but enough, and enough interdependent systems to affect many other systems. Y2K is real. Y2K is going to rock our world.
-- James Howard Kunstler

;D
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NIN

Quote from: johnnyb47 on April 26, 2012, 05:31:57 PM
QuoteWriting this in April of '99, I believe that we are in for a serious event. Systems will fail, crash, seize up, cease to function. Not all systems, maybe only a fraction, but enough, and enough interdependent systems to affect many other systems. Y2K is real. Y2K is going to rock our world.
-- James Howard Kunstler

;D

Exactly.  Nero fiddled while Rome burned, but I went to Disney for Y2K.  Didn't even get stuck on Space Mountain.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

johnnyb47

Incidentally I think the quote above was used a little out of context. Kunstler was saying, "I'm not a fan of tattos but I think our society is generally 'borked' when you start seeing tattoo parlours crop up on mainstreet in the nice part of town!"
Basically a slightly more eloquent way of saying, "Not in my back yard!"

Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GroundHawg

So back in 1995 I had been at Ft. Bragg for about a month when I found myself in the chair of one of the many local ink shops. I picked out a sweet jump wings tat and was getting ready to get inked up and I asked the guy "how many wings have you done?" he looked at me with almost contempt and said "Today?"
I realized then, that I didnt need a tattoo and got up from the chair. Ive been tempted since then, but have remained clean somehow.

Tattoos and scars are different things....

AngelWings

Quote from: NIN on April 26, 2012, 04:17:28 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on April 26, 2012, 11:05:20 AM
Let's see it  ;)

Not all that bad, but not my personal taste. I prefer more subdued colors (not like subdued patches, but darker blues, reds, silvers, whatnot)

titanII

Quote from: Littleguy on April 26, 2012, 09:29:13 PM
I prefer more subdued colors (not like subdued patches, but darker blues, reds, silvers, whatnot)
If/when I get a tattoo, it's gonna be all black. I've heard (and seen on several relative's tat's) that colors can fade with time. Not that it'll matter by the time I'm all wrinkly, though  >:D
No longer active on CAP talk