Main Menu

101 card

Started by fighterpilot!, September 29, 2008, 02:50:57 AM

fighterpilot!

Ok i have my 101 card but it says 'GES-inactive' on the back. what does that mean? and why is it there if ive taken the tests to get my 101 card?

JohnKachenmeister

Did you sign on to OPSEC?
Another former CAP officer

JoeTomasone

fighterpilot!

Sign on? what there a test called that? because i know i had to take a test and that sounds fimilar

IceNine

https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec

Go do this training as well.  Should clear up the problem

No test, its a powerpoint presentation and you click acknowledge at the end.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

fighterpilot!

Ok so i already did the powerpoint thing. why does it say inactive? i already search for help and i dont know anyone with this problem. does it matter if it says inactive? because i dont even know what that means. lol

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: fighterpilot! on September 29, 2008, 03:50:47 AM
Ok so i already did the powerpoint thing. why does it say inactive? i already search for help and i dont know anyone with this problem. does it matter if it says inactive? because i dont even know what that means. lol

Did your Wing ES officer sign off on the final training?

fighterpilot!

i dont think so. but other people didnt have to go do that

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: fighterpilot! on September 29, 2008, 04:17:28 AM
i dont think so. but other people didnt have to go do that

ES is not my true area of specialty.

I think GES and OPSEC updates automatically.  Rememer I said I THINK!!

Al Sayre

Have you completed Level 1 if you are a SM or your Curry if you are a Cadet, and have they been posted to eServices?  if not, those will also hang up your card.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

arajca

Has your Curry (Ach. 1) been posted to Eservices? Without that, nothing is activated.

Camas

Quote from: fighterpilot! on September 29, 2008, 03:50:47 AMWhy does it say inactive? Does it matter if it says inactive?

Yes it does. It should read "No Expire". If it reads "inactive" your GES isn't valid. There are a number of reasons why it may show "inactive":

Your Level One isn't posted in e-services (seniors).
No Curry posted (cadets).
As mentioned, no OPSEC posted.
No characteristics are entered into e-services such as height, weight, hair and eye color.
Either the CAPT116 (GES) or the IS-100 course are not completed or approved by your commander or a designee such as an ES officer or an operations officer.

Please give these options a "look over"; I believe your problem is listed above.

Quote from: fighterpilot! on September 29, 2008, 04:17:28 AM
I think GES and OPSEC updates automatically.  Rememer I said I THINK!!

The OPSEC should update automatically; it shouldn't need to be approved or validated. The GES is another matter; it needs to be approved as noted.

fighterpilot!

it says both. and my caracteristics are all entered and i have my pic on it. i did those tests

addo1

Quote from: fighterpilot! on September 29, 2008, 05:44:13 PM
it says both. and my caracteristics are all entered and i have my pic on it. i did those tests

I would talk to your squadron commander. There may be something waiting for him to approve before it will show as "No Expire."
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Al Sayre

Pull up your GES SQTR in Ops Quals and see what is missing...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

wingnut55

don't waste your time call national HQ

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: wingnut55 on October 01, 2008, 11:34:32 PM

Really bad advice. This can most likely be resolved by the squadron ES Officer and/or commander.

Eclipse

Quote from: phirons on October 02, 2008, 04:34:58 AM
Quote from: wingnut55 on October 01, 2008, 11:34:32 PM

Really bad advice. This can most likely be resolved by the squadron ES Officer and/or commander.

Ditto, unless its a legit system issue (doubtful), they will just tell you to contact your commander - NHQ does not approve qualifications.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Figherpilot-

You mentioned via PM and other methods that you commander did not have the answer.  This is not particularly uncommon, nor is it an unmanageable problem.

You commander has a few dozen resources at their disposal for correcting problems just like this.  One of those is the ability to view your records, the other is a chain of command.

If you commander/staff cannot provide you the answers you need, ask them <POLITELY> if they will speak with the group staff/commander if they cannot help there is almost certainly someone at the wing level that can.

As I stated before, we can attempt to help but at some point there is the practical reality that we cannot view your records and therefore cannot with any certainty answer your question.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Camas

Quote from: IceNine on October 02, 2008, 02:24:37 PM
Figherpilot- You mentioned via PM and other methods that you commander did not have the answer.  This is not particularly uncommon, nor is it an unmanageable problem. You commander has a few dozen resources at their disposal for correcting problems just like this.  One of those is the ability to view your records, the other is a chain of command.

Ask your commander to check "validations" in his or her "Operation Qualifications" restricted application in e-services from time to time.

Also - ask the commander to check the "Ops Quals Approvals Waiting" link which is also located under restricted applications on the right side menu of the e-services homepage.

If your commander is doing this and nothing shows for you in either application then you have an issue with some of the reasons I listed in my earlier post.