Main Menu

My favorite encampment PT

Started by Cadet Dan, January 26, 2009, 11:02:22 PM

Cadet Dan

One fine morning at Encampment the First Sergeants were running up and down the barracks waking us all up in the usual manner. We all moved with a sense of purpose to the PT field and the Command Chief Master Sergeant marched into position."Cadets, the first exercise of the day is.....Go back to bed! Preform one repetition for one hour! Position of the excersise, Move!
To this day it is my favorite PT at encampment ever.

RogueLeader

I wish we had that in Basic Training, That would've been the sweetest day ever. . . :clap: :clap:

Needless to say, it never happened. >:(
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DC

Quote from: Cadet Dan on January 26, 2009, 11:02:22 PM
One fine morning at Encampment the First Sergeants were running up and down the barracks waking us all up in the usual manner. We all moved with a sense of purpose to the PT field and the Command Chief Master Sergeant marched into position."Cadets, the first exercise of the day is.....Go back to bed! Preform one repetition for one hour! Position of the excersise, Move!

Wish my encampment First Sergeant was that nice.. Mine had an unnatural obsession with Cherry Pickers...

RogueLeader

Another good one is "militray press" followed by The PUSH UP, then back again. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

addo1

Quote from: DC on January 27, 2009, 12:46:12 AM
Quote from: Cadet Dan on January 26, 2009, 11:02:22 PM

Wish my encampment First Sergeant was that nice.. Mine had an unnatural obsession with Cherry Pickers...

Wierd, because mine did too... we did them probably more than anything else...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

JROB

Mine would probally be when then the Platoon Leader Gave the command of "Pushups Forever Begin"
those of us who knew what to expect: one ever,two ever,three ever, four ever. everyone else pushed to like 50
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

BGNightfall

My Encampment squadron cc had a thing for 8 count bodybuilders.  Some time later I got to Navy boot and one of my RDCs had a thing for 8 counts... serious BTDT.  Another one of my RDCs had a thing for Mountain Climbers.  I remember having nightmares and waking with their demonic voices counting the cadence ringing in my ears.

payton

ah our beloved cherry pickers, and who can forget the monkey humpers! (edited of course)

Gunner C

Can anyone say "two man situps"?   :o

tarheel gumby

Mini Boot Camp @ Paris Island........ had to be the Mosquito covered push-ups that we did every morning....... aha spring in the swamps of course we got that at Columbus AFB too. ;D
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Gunner C

Quote from: tarheel gumby on February 07, 2009, 03:04:04 AM
Mini Boot Camp @ Paris Island........ had to be the Mosquito covered push-ups that we did every morning....... aha spring in the swamps of course we got that at Columbus AFB too. ;D
South Carolina is oh so much better in the winter.  :o

PHall

Quote from: Gunner C on February 07, 2009, 11:38:44 AM
Quote from: tarheel gumby on February 07, 2009, 03:04:04 AM
South Carolina is oh so much better in the winter.  :o

Timing is everything! ;D

tarheel gumby

QuoteTiming is everything! ;D

you can say that again ;D ;D
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

TEAM SURGE

That is almost as good as ours! We had to get up at 10:00 AM and do PT. Cadets were walking around the barracks in Bravo flight. I was in Alpha flight trying to sleep, and the Flight Seargent kept acting like he was leaving. He would shut the door and then Bravo flight would pop up out of bed. Then he would be like I can still hear you! Then he would do it over again. Then finnally he actually left. He went to the first seargent told him the situation, and he came storming up and made us do PT! FUN!
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

TEAM SURGE

C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

maverik

Favorite encampment excersise was ranger pushups and the pushups where every one is in a line and you all pushup together...fun especially for the guy in the exact middle...me.  "How are you going with the pushups cadet?" one of my sergeant asks I reply "fandiddily tastic sergeant." We did 20 more and the flight that ran mess gave me small(er) porportions >:(
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Ozzy

Quote from: payton on February 05, 2009, 11:14:41 PM
ah our beloved cherry pickers, and who can forget the monkey humpers! (edited of course)

Oh no! Your monkey isn't happy! Do 20 more! Jeez I hate doing those for Army Pt in the morning...
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19