Wholly unauthorized Aux On/Off pencil pocket patches still available

Started by Mustang, June 03, 2021, 07:20:08 AM

Mustang

Totally unauthorized, so let's just get that out of the way. So if you're a rebel or a collector, read on....

15 years after the initial product run completely sold out, Aux On/Aux Off flight suit pencil pocket patches are back and available for purchase. Updated from the original to a modern flexible PVC material with hook-side Velcro already sewn on.

Quantities are limited, get yours before the C&D letter goes out!

Be sure to use coupon code CAPTALK at checkout for a 25% discount for CAP-Talk members.

Click here for secure online ordering.

"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Imouttahere

Phil Hirons, Jr.

N6RVT

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on June 22, 2021, 01:32:59 PMJust got mine. Great quality.

Refresh my memory - was it the big change that happened just before 911 that created the whole aux on / auxoff situation?

RiverAux

It has been my contention that CAP, at the organization level, is always the Auxiliary of the US Air Force.  However, any individual may or may not be in Aux status depending on whether or not they are participating in an AF-mission (not too different from the situation of National Guard members in relation to the federal military).

Fubar

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 22, 2021, 06:57:35 PMRefresh my memory - was it the big change that happened just before 911 that created the whole aux on / auxoff situation?

I think CAP, Inc. started branching out a bit by looking for other customers and I suspect the Air Force didn't want to be responsible for missions they didn't request, a reasonable position to be sure. Suddenly it became very important to the Air Force that CAP, Inc. is only an auxiliary when doing auxiliary stuff. Even more recently with the Total Forceā„¢ doctrine change, the Air Force strongly worded the announcement to state we're only the auxiliary when doing Air Force missions.

To RiverAux's point, it becomes a bit impractical at the organizational level to AUX ON/AUX OFF when it comes to marketing, but when it comes time to decide what insurance coverage you have, well it can be answered with the patch being sold here.

JohhnyD

Quote from: Fubar on June 23, 2021, 05:19:33 AMbut when it comes time to decide what insurance coverage you have, well it can be answered with the patch being sold here.
You are clearly NOT an attorney. :)

Fubar

SarDragon

And I think it's time for this thread to take a holiday.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret