Main Menu

Supply Lockers

Started by OMA, January 08, 2012, 08:39:03 AM

OMA

So in my squad we have "The Cage". It's basically a storage room containing uniforms, awards, insignias, honor guard rifles, things like that. I was wondering if any other squadrons have something like this and if you do what do they have and what do you call it?

Spaceman3750

My team at work has a cage - it's where they put us when we're bad >:D. It's also where we hide from the lynchmobs when the network goes down for more than 45 seconds.

In all seriousness though, my unit has a filing cabinet and a metal "armoire" cabinet. The rest of the stuff (spare uniforms mostly) goes home with seniors.

Duke Dillio

At my squadron in CO we had a supply room that was also the senior's office.  The commander had a desk on the one side and the other wall had all the uniforms hung up and a couple of wooden cabinets that stored all of our other equipment.

In CA, we had a supply room with a cage on one end and pallet stands with plywood to store all the extra gear.  My current unit has a large supply room and it serves the two units that meet in that building.

NIN

My old unit has a 20-ft shipping container decked out with shelves and hanging bars. It works great and was donated by a local storage company.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Rowan

My squadron has a 'supply closet', where we store uniform items, color guard items and ES gear.

titanII

My squadron rents a storage facility to house our massive amount of stuff.
No longer active on CAP talk

Pump Scout

Quote from: NIN on January 08, 2012, 12:55:00 PM
My old unit has a 20-ft shipping container decked out with shelves and hanging bars. It works great and was donated by a local storage company.

Working on something along these lines myself. More secure than some options, and yet out of the way.

RogueLeader

We had several conex's donated by units on pope afb. 
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

You guys are making me jealous. All we have is two cabinets. 
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Ford73Diesel

We have a room at the NG armory. It is a small room out of the way filled with air ducting so you can only stand straight up in certain areas. Inside it is filled with uniforms, filing cabinets, a desk, and other equipment. We are lucky to have it.

AngelWings

My squadron has a uniform trailor packed full of BDU's and Blues, and not just the shirts and pants. We actually have a few trench coats, lightweights, sets of gore-tex for the BDU's, field jackets and pants, boots, long johns, boots, hats, and some other items. Inside the meeting building we have all of the accounterments and patches. We have 2 conex trailors. One is full to the top with ES gear, and the other has some furniture. Basically everything was donated by the local Air Guard Wing and Weather Flight. We helped the Weather Flight organize their stuff in their conex, so it was kind of like a win-win.

Patterson

We call it "storage". Huge room on the first floor of the CAP building on Base.  Honestly, the light burned out and it is dark, so I don't go inside (wish someone would change the bulb!).

NIN

Quote from: Patterson on January 09, 2012, 01:03:42 PM
We call it "storage". Huge room on the first floor of the CAP building on Base.  Honestly, the light burned out and it is dark, so I don't go inside (wish someone would change the bulb!).

Its ok, you're among friends. You can say you're frightened of the big scary dark storage space. Its ok.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Walkman

We meet in the Army Reserve building in town. They've given us two caged sections in their storage room. One has a desk, filing cabinet, rank/insignia cabinet, etc. The other stores all the uniforms and ES gear. We've been sharing the uniform section with one of the AR units, but that will be changing soon and we'll have it all to ourselves.

Private Investigator

Quote from: NIN on January 08, 2012, 12:55:00 PM
My old unit has a 20-ft shipping container decked out with shelves and hanging bars.

+1 thats what we have.

Other Units have multiple rooms and is quite impressive and other Units I know have to take everything home with them at the end of the meeting.

♠SARKID♠

We have a 50ft x 25ft loft in our hangar. Half caged, half uncaged.

OMA

15 replies, 444 views, I think that's pretty good for a new member  ;D Anyway The Cage is actually pretty small, it's about the size of a tall walk-in closet but it has like boxes of papers and a TV cart with things on it so it looks very small.

Eclipse

Quote from: OMA on January 11, 2012, 03:38:06 AM
15 replies, 444 views, I think that's pretty good for a new member

It's not a contest young'un!

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

That means that only about 3.4% of the viewers replied.  Nothing to see here, move along....
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

OMA

I know it's not a competition  :D I just didn't expect anyone to see it.