what happens after I take the Yager course online

Started by hatentx, August 07, 2008, 02:39:47 AM

hatentx

Okay so i took the ager test #1 online and passed but all it says it that I got an 80% blah blah blah.  WHat do I do from here.  Is there a certificate I am suppose to print out?  What is this even for.  I am going the AE route so I just took the test lol.  I was bored.

Eclipse

Depends on your wing.

Someone needs to inform them to print and send you the cert, and you should put a copy of
completion in your file.

Don't forget the nifty ribbon!

"That Others May Zoom"

hatentx

is it sent to my commander that I passed because I am not given an option to print any certification out?

Eclipse

Quote from: CAPR 280-2(e)
(a) Yeager Test. This element is a self-paced study based on the CAP text, Aerospace: The Journey of Flight. All senior members have the responsibility to read and become knowledgeable with the content of this text. Once members are ready to take the Yeager test, they have three options, open book, closed book, or on-line. Members completing any of the options will receive the Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement Award and are authorized to wear the Yeager ribbon. Unit commanders, test control officers (TCOs) or alternate test control officers may administer the Yeager test. Local reproduction of the test is authorized, but all copies must be controlled in the same manner as the originals (see CAPR 50-4, Test Administration and Security). If a member elects to take the Yeager test on-line, the member must send the Certificate of Completion to the wing Director of Aerospace Education (DAE) to receive credit and to receive the Yeager Award Certificate (CAPC 20). If a member elects to test using the hard copy on file at the local unit, squadrons will send the results to the wing Director of Aerospace Education, using CAP Form (CAPF) 126, Unit AE Examination Administration Record and Report Form. Either way, the wing DAE will issue the CAPC 20 to the squadron commander for presentation. Wing and region headquarters units will continue to send certificates to their own personnel completing the test. Wing and region DAEs must forward the CAPF 127, Monthly Certification Report, to NHQ CAP/DP, 105 South Hansell Street, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112, so members can receive credit in the national database and have their names published in the CAP News on-line as award winners.

"That Others May Zoom"

hatentx

okay I get that but where do I get the certificate of completion?  I have no options on that page other than it telling me the score.  Is it possible under a different page.  I am new to eservices so there is no telling with me

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

hatentx

DeputyDog

Quote from: Eclipse on August 07, 2008, 03:00:29 AM
Quote from: CAPR 280-2(e)
(a) Yeager Test. This element is a self-paced study based on the CAP text, Aerospace: The Journey of Flight. All senior members have the responsibility to read and become knowledgeable with the content of this text. Once members are ready to take the Yeager test, they have three options, open book, closed book, or on-line. Members completing any of the options will receive the Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement Award and are authorized to wear the Yeager ribbon. Unit commanders, test control officers (TCOs) or alternate test control officers may administer the Yeager test. Local reproduction of the test is authorized, but all copies must be controlled in the same manner as the originals (see CAPR 50-4, Test Administration and Security). If a member elects to take the Yeager test on-line, the member must send the Certificate of Completion to the wing Director of Aerospace Education (DAE) to receive credit and to receive the Yeager Award Certificate (CAPC 20). If a member elects to test using the hard copy on file at the local unit, squadrons will send the results to the wing Director of Aerospace Education, using CAP Form (CAPF) 126, Unit AE Examination Administration Record and Report Form. Either way, the wing DAE will issue the CAPC 20 to the squadron commander for presentation. Wing and region headquarters units will continue to send certificates to their own personnel completing the test. Wing and region DAEs must forward the CAPF 127, Monthly Certification Report, to NHQ CAP/DP, 105 South Hansell Street, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112, so members can receive credit in the national database and have their names published in the CAP News on-line as award winners.

The process has changed a bit since that came out. When you complete the Yeager Award online today, it credits to the National database automatically. I've had several new members in my squadron take it, then have it appear in their Member Search Reports as soon as they passed. One has since completed Level II, and National affixed the Gold Seal to the certificate.

That negates the need to have the Wing DAE forward the CAP Form 127 to National. If the member now wants the certificate, they just print it out on card stock from the Member Test Records site.

I just have the member print off the certificate from the Member Test Records site on regular paper, and we put that in their personnel records as the necessary evidence to wear the Yeager Award ribbon.

Eclipse

The actual large-format Yeager can be be printed by the member or just a test certificate?

"That Others May Zoom"

DeputyDog

The test certificate is the same as the large format Yeager certificate . If you want it in large format, you can just adjust the size and print it.

IceNine

Time out. 

I just had a replacement Yeager Certificate (same size as mitchell) sent from nationals last week. So they are printing and sending them, at least by request
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

ThorntonOL

If you had it done online you probably can print another one off if you need to.
Now if you took it and passed before it went online I think you do have to go through Nationals.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

IceNine

Taken online. 

I just can't see the requirement for members to print their own Certificates.  Maybe this is just my wing printing the certs for us

One point of correction however,  My Yeager came from Wing HQ.  The Mitchell and Earhart of course came from NHQ.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Few people have the ability to print a color 11x14 certificate on the proper stock.

Nothing wrong with doing one on your inkjet for the file, but if you're going to take the initiative to
complete the test, you should get the proper certificate.

"That Others May Zoom"

hatentx

you get a ribbon for this.  what don't you get a ribbon for in cap.  so I am going to have to order another ribbon rack instead of the one I got yesterday. 

IceNine

39-3 will tell you everything you need to know.

Little Advice-Don't order ribbons, unless you know you won't be getting anymore for at least a few months.  Things like this should not be a surprise.

There are about a dozen ribbon rack creators, graphics of possible ribbons floating around, not to mention there is a chart of available ribbons in 39-1, and pictures of them in 39-3

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Well, you don't have to wear it.   >:D

The Yeager used to be a fairly big deal in the AE side of the program because it was one of the few objective ways to tell if your senior members were actually participating in AE.

Seniors would meet as groups to study the curriculum, and then take the tests together.  it was viewed highly enough that Level II completion certs have an added gold seal if the AESPM was completed before LII.

Sadly, while well intentioned, the move to open-book, online, has watered down the prestige and turned it into a check box.

I still have members who do thiings old-school for the experience, but not nearly as many as used to.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

I didn't have an option when I took it.

My commander wouldn't let us take it online for credit.

We took it closed book, on paper and then uploaded it online.  It was a PITA, but I learned much more than I would have if I was just running a search on my second monitor

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

That is outside a commander's authority, and more importantly, outside their practical control.

No command approval is necessary to access the online system or for credit to post.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Yeah well, this was just a few months after the implementation of the online test.  K Sara

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4